Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NS7 Vinyl Backspin Resistnace

DJ.AJ 7:17 AM - 25 May, 2009
Looking for ways to speed up the backspin of the ns7 vinyl
all ideas are welcome.

so far i just cut some plastic and put it between the vinyl and the slip mat but still not as fast with real 1200's

makes turntablism a little difficult (have to strong arm it)
djdrew 9:13 AM - 25 May, 2009
The platter can be adjusted by lifting the vinyl up and down. if you look at the platter spindle the slot that the set screw goes into has about a 1/4 inch slot for adjustment. you can get as much or as little adjustment as you want. When you put your platter together you must have place the plater at the lowest point and just tighten the set screw into the slot. try loosening the set screw and rising the platter to you liking and the tightening the set screw at that height.
djcerla 10:56 AM - 25 May, 2009
Useful info... much better now!

thanx
kraal 3:57 PM - 25 May, 2009
yes very usefull cause that actually gets rid of one of my crits for the ns7
djdrew 6:45 PM - 25 May, 2009
Yea who ever design the hardware took a lot of time with it. There are alot of stuff people want on it that seem essential but this piece is the first of it kind and I can easy migrate from SSL over to this with little complaint and this is only the beginning :D. Because of the success of Numarks piece think of all the folks that will jump on the band wagon
DJ GaFFle 7:29 PM - 25 May, 2009
Quote:
The platter can be adjusted by lifting the vinyl up and down. if you look at the platter spindle the slot that the set screw goes into has about a 1/4 inch slot for adjustment. you can get as much or as little adjustment as you want. When you put your platter together you must have place the plater at the lowest point and just tighten the set screw into the slot. try loosening the set screw and rising the platter to you liking and the tightening the set screw at that height.

I don't understand what you're saying by the "platter"... do you mean the metal base-platter or are you meaning the record and 45 spindle adapter can be raise or lowered?

I bought D. Styles Tablecloth ver. 2s. I cut them and placed them under the stock slip mats. Their sliding just right now.
Aureliano 7:44 PM - 25 May, 2009
When you set the screw that locks the vinyl to the spindle, make sure you're letting the vinyl rest naturally on the slipmat and not putting any pressure on it as you tighten. If that's not loose enough, take Gaffle's approach and mod it in the usual way (add plastic slip sheets, use turntablist slipmats).
DJ.AJ 10:04 PM - 25 May, 2009
Thanks everyone

What djdrew suggested did work and i tryed it but u lose some traction going back the other way. i used to cut plastic for my 12's years ago, was hoping we have progressed (ns7 and all)

Thanks Aureliano for weighin in.
DJ.AJ 5:05 PM - 26 May, 2009
Is it possible to just get the slip sheets. i noticed that the D. Styles Tablecloth comes with 2 slipmates and "4" slipsheets
DJ.AJ 8:42 PM - 26 May, 2009
Just an idea, could numark attach the metal piece to a slipmat instead of a vinly, that would rock. i would love to have a custom made "vinlyl" or whatever you wanna call it. all it does is allow youto move the spindle in the middle.
nik39 7:49 PM - 27 May, 2009
Quote:
Just an idea, could numark attach the metal piece to a slipmat instead of a vinly

Then you would track the movement of the slipmat and not the movement of the record. Is that what you really want? ;)
DJ.AJ 9:30 PM - 27 May, 2009
sorry, didn't get your point
nik39 9:38 PM - 27 May, 2009
The metal piece is attached with the vinyl cause the matal piece is part of the chain to track the vinyl movement.
DJ Quartz 1:14 AM - 28 May, 2009
@ DJ A.J.

Slipsheets are the OLDEST trick in the book. Cut two 7" circles out of some plastic record sleeves and voila.
DJ.AJ 4:16 AM - 28 May, 2009
i got it working ok now. one is better than the other. I bought D. Styles Tablecloth ver. 2s. and that helped some. it comes with the pastic which is great.

i also raised the vinyl a bit. that vinyl and metal combo is just to heavy imo. raising it a bit works.
DJ Takin It Back 5:09 AM - 12 May, 2014
All I did is raise the Vinyl and it worked like a charm. One spin and it practically went back 3/4 of the song. Thanks DJ Drew.