Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Time to get more modern....what mixer for Serato Video ?

mojo_scotland 1:00 AM - 19 May, 2016
Hi, my setup is 6 years old. My DJing is getting more serious and doing bigger events with serato video.

Im currently using a windows laptop with a Rane TTM57...its starting to show its age.

So, MacBook Pro 15 I7 512SSD is almost certain....

However, im unsure about the mixer.

I love the simplicity of the TT57, plug and play, no linking faders / No mapping required.

I would like a Pioneer 900 / 900 nxs / 900 nxs2....as I love the one in my commercial venue.

Whats the best mixer for Serato video in your opinion, can I plug & play with a 900 and my SL2 box I also have ? ie: don't need to map / link the crossfaders etc ?

Thanks

Mojo
DJ Tecniq 9:30 AM - 19 May, 2016
If you currently use a 2 channel what is the reason behind a 4 channel? You could get a Rane 62, TTM57MKII, Pioneer S9 or any updated 4 channel as they are all plug n play for Serato Video.
DJMark 10:38 AM - 19 May, 2016
If you're on a TTM57 that means you're using Scratch Live. The Rane 62 will allow you to continue to do so.
DJ Tecniq 11:00 AM - 19 May, 2016
I would recommend the 62 as well. Most new mixers are only supporting SDJ. The 62 works for both and it's plug n play so no need to use a Serato box👍🏻
skinnyguy 5:15 PM - 19 May, 2016
Code:E 6:04 AM - 21 May, 2016
I would look at DJM S9. best 2 channel mixer i have used.

Also since you're moving to mac. Ditch Serato video. Sounds like you want to be a better VJ anyway time to upgrade to Mix Emergency.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:10 PM - 22 May, 2016
+1 on the 62

Compatible with SL and DJ

Anything else you are gonna be on Serato DJ only

with the Mac get the one with the 2GB dedicated video card.

Try Mix Emergency VJ software (i know the name is funny) (free trial available)
i am Dj fLiP 12:10 AM - 24 May, 2016
Keep in mind Serato Video only outputs on channels 1 & 2.
Hopefully they'll update to 4 channels down the road.

I rock an NS7iii when doing personal gigs, but I use the NXS2000 when I'm at a club.
The new Nexus are not supported w/serato just yet, and I'm not sure when Rekordbox will start supporting videos..

Personally I'd go for the S9 mostly because it's the most ergonomic and flexible out of all.
Unless they come out w/the 4channel video, and NXS2 support, then I'd go for that route.