DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Recording with Pioneer DJM S9 in Audacity

aightgenosse 12:48 PM - 14 May, 2016
hello

i try to record a set in audacity with a pioneer djm s9. Is there a way to record the mix? In the setting utility I've selected MIX (REC OUT) in the output of USB 5/6. when I select the djm s9 as the recording source in audacity, I just get the signal tone from the digital vinyl record.

thanks for your help!
Dj Mike P. 2:06 PM - 14 May, 2016
Recording just a straight set, why not just record in Serato?
aightgenosse 2:44 PM - 14 May, 2016
because i'd like to edit the mix in audacity... i don't want to mix in one take (in serato dj)...
DeejayKadzboy 11:10 AM - 6 June, 2018
I try to find a solution but it does not work
DeejayKadzboy 10:34 AM - 8 June, 2018
Quote:
Hello, can u say something about a mrecorder.com mobile recorder on Android. How can we use this application in our phones?

I have not tried this mobile application, but I prefer to use a computer and sound card for recording
Aptidda 3:19 PM - 8 June, 2018
Ya good luck, my recommendation would be to scrap the old S9 plastic POS mixer and be a man. Men that have respect and that are the haute monde of society purchase the Rane 72. It has its own internal recording that bounces to .wav . You insert a USB into one of the USB outlets on the back of the mixer,
Mr. Goodkat 5:29 PM - 8 June, 2018
cant you just record, and in audacity after?
Lazybee77 6:50 AM - 1 August, 2018
Can anyone one spot the 12 year old fanboy in this thread??
dj_soo 7:16 AM - 1 August, 2018
Quote:
cant you just record, and in audacity after?

This