Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Do the DJM S9 cosmetic issues still exist?

Mick Swell 4:05 PM - 8 May, 2016
I am curious, for those of you who have recently bought the DJM S9, do the earlier reported cosmetic issues still exist and occur? There were tons of reports of the black paint chipping around the cross fader and the paint on the fader caps fading. I am wondering if pioneer fixed these issues.
Mr. Goodkat 6:46 PM - 8 May, 2016
I had one for about 2 months, i didnt see those issues. my djm srt900 xfader markings went away in about a month.
DJ Tecniq 11:44 PM - 8 May, 2016
Yes I have not had mine long but I can tell that the coat is very weak and paint will chip overtime. My old DJM 700 started chipping and paint faded after a year. Get a skin for it. My mixer was manufactured in feb 2016. I do know that earlier batches had a problem with paint chipping. I just got a skin just to be safe though. Good luck. Other then that it's a really solid mixer. Peep my skin
www.dropbox.com
teemac111 9:51 PM - 9 May, 2016
yes..1 month in and im see the beginnings of paint fading around the xfade.
citi 11:27 PM - 9 May, 2016
I have two of them. One I'm starting to see a little dullness. The other is perfect still. They are both used everyday.
DJ Tecniq 4:23 AM - 10 May, 2016
Bottom line it's just Pioneer they are known for fading/paint chipping. Protect with a skin.
FighteRanger 6:05 AM - 10 May, 2016
I have a Dec. 2015 MFD and purchase mines in Feb. 2016. No chipping or fading as of yet (I scratch a lot if that matters), but I'm planning on designing my skin to put on my DJM S9. I just need to stop being lazy :)
DJ Tecniq 2:21 PM - 10 May, 2016
Quote:
I have a Dec. 2015 MFD and purchase mines in Feb. 2016. No chipping or fading as of yet (I scratch a lot if that matters), but I'm planning on designing my skin to put on my DJM S9. I just need to stop being lazy :)
Doesn't sound right. You purchased the mixer in Feb 2016 but they gave you a December 2015 model? I would trade it for a later manufactured date unless you are ok with it. This is why I waited to get the mixer. There were problems with the older batches esp for paint issues.
Mr. Goodkat 3:48 PM - 10 May, 2016
i had an early one from earlier than that and they're were no problems.
FighteRanger 7:36 PM - 10 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't sound right. You purchased the mixer in Feb 2016 but they gave you a December 2015 model? I would trade it for a later manufactured date unless you are ok with it. This is why I waited to get the mixer. There were problems with the older batches esp for paint issues.

Well I'm already way pass the return period, but I'm fine with it. I'm going add a skin regardless. I did my research and I notice anything before Dec. 2015 were having problems with chipping and xrossfsder paint quickly fading. But this could be highly inaccurate.