Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ RR and DDJ RB

Big Pops 6:44 PM - 26 April, 2016
Pioneer new controllers

djworx.com
Toby82 10:37 PM - 26 April, 2016
Looks like thw cooperation of Pioneer with Serato just ended.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:29 AM - 27 April, 2016
Pioneer has nochill whatsoever.

Your move Serato.

I for one will like to see a full Serato IOS App with Spotify integration.

Not Pyro, not remote, but a proper app like Djay.

I just ordered a WeGo3 for this purpose. It's gonna be a back up and holiday system. Plan to use it with Djay Pro which I bought already.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:31 AM - 27 April, 2016
The RB controller has dedicated Play and Cue buttons, I don't think the SB had that.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:34 AM - 27 April, 2016
It's also not a mirrored layout. This could have been, the SB 2.

From a business perspective, will pioneer still be making devices that will work with Serato?
Toby82 7:07 AM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
It's also not a mirrored layout. This could have been, the SB 2.

And a rekordbox plus pack license is already included while maintaining the price point of 249! For the SB2 you would have to add Serato DJ license.

Hope Serato will come up with something big for 2.0! Pioneer is definitely stepping on it
Big Pops 8:22 AM - 27 April, 2016
Serato got to get 2.0 out the door and must be a big release, midi sync / Ableton Bridge
Milosz 1:46 PM - 27 April, 2016
Let's not get too excited about the RB.

Yes, Pioneer gives free software to get people on a hook because overslept the digital era.
Yes, you have separate play button so 8 pads and even some 2 buttons for loops

BUT so many buttons comparing to SB2 are gone:

1) No vinyl / slip
2) no key lock
3) NO 4 DECK SUPPORT
4) Rather poorer top FX section (you can't trigger 3 different effects straight away with one button)
5) Can't see Headphone mix knob on the mixer
6) no filter fade button
7) no extra pad trans button (less important but more buttons is always better, especially if you have software that can map any buttons like VDJ)

So Pioneer is doing step backwards really, with giving a bit maybe more advance and serious controller but far less practical and universal than the predecessor.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:42 PM - 27 April, 2016
But the layout is the typical CDJ style. Maybe they trying to see if it will encourage more folks to want to use the CDJs.

But hey what do I know. Choice and competition is good for the customers.

Funny enough the only other software that'd piqued my interest lately is Djay
RodneyNZ 10:38 PM - 27 April, 2016
DDJ RB is a bargain considering that you get Rekord Box included. I wonder if this is the start of Pioneers world domination of the hardware and software for DJ equipment
Toby82 5:34 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
I wonder if this is the start of Pioneers world domination of the hardware and software for DJ equipment

Thats what i meant when i was pointing out the inclusion of the software for that price whereas the Serato-based DDJ SB2 doesn't include SW for the same price. That's a very aggressive move from pioneer trying to get all the DJ-Starters...

Impatiently waiting for the upcoming announcements of Serato etc.
Djkom 10:15 AM - 28 April, 2016
You're all talking about the RB but the RR is really a beast !!! it's a vci 380 on steroids LOL

The size, usb powered or AC powered, dvs ready...etc

The only complain I have is it's still a little bit too long for hand luggage in airplanes.
Big Pops 3:17 PM - 28 April, 2016
The RR is my choice also, if I to go to RekordBox, that would be my controller of choice, the right size
Toby82 5:38 AM - 29 April, 2016
yep, personally i would buy the RR, RX or even RZ (though not really portable), but i'm still looking forward to seeing Serato DJ 2.0 and hope they can convince me to buy something Serato-compatible...
Ragman 6:07 AM - 29 April, 2016
Can't understand why Pioneer makes you register the software for these controllers. I like it better when just owning the controller gives auto-activation like SDJ controllers.
Ragman 6:08 AM - 29 April, 2016
They have some cool features though, but not enough to make me ooh and ahh over it.
akaTRAP 7:18 AM - 29 April, 2016
tbh the RR has the features I wished the SR had..........
Ragman 2:06 PM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:

Yeah, same can be said for the RZ/SZ.
ASTRAEA 8:33 PM - 11 May, 2016
Quote:

i just sold my SR off because the audio quality is pure shit, then I find this MWHAHAHAHA SOLD AMERICAN! TAAAAAKE MY MOOOONIES
Rude_Movements 6:50 AM - 16 August, 2016
All they did was add what sr users wanted. I bought this controller and installed rekordbox box.

I am on a clean install with El capitan,i5, 8gb ram. Updates drivers & all firmware.

This program or controller program combo are nowhere near ready for prime time! Stay away til they fix all the issues. You would lose your job trying to work with these 2 items!
ASTRAEA 8:48 AM - 16 August, 2016
^fact! I went on a hiatus bought the ddj rx, and cdjnxs2 are next, serato actually did cost me gigs and well that was a wrap. like i had to CRAWL every form to find out about the new GUI back in Feb which should have been transparent, tryin to run a business here!
zandre 5:04 AM - 18 September, 2017
Gh
Rude_Movements 5:09 AM - 18 September, 2017
No... I meant rekordbox will cost you a job. Serato is gold!