Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

CDj 900 Connectivity Help

djmarksmith 3:49 PM - 26 April, 2016
Hi i was wondering if you could help me understand what i need.

I currently have a macbook 15" and use Serato DJ which is enabled by my SX when i plug it in and have done for a few years now.

I have sold the SX and would like to purchase 2 x CDj900 (non nexus), if i buy a SL2 will this allow me to still use the serato DJ i currently have ? i.e will it work the same as the SX and enable full serato dj once the SL2 is connected.

Also would this require me to have 3 USB slots, 1 for the SL2 and 2 for the CDj's ?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks guys
Konix 5:37 PM - 26 April, 2016
Yes, the SL2 unlocks the full Serato DJ.

Get a USB hub for the CDJs, that way you only need 2 USB ports. Just make sure to plug the SL2 directly into a port on the computer, and use the other port for the Hub w/CDJs.
djmarksmith 5:52 PM - 26 April, 2016
Thanks for your reply konix

so i take it using the SL2 instead of the SX means i wont have the fx functionality but with the cdj900 still have the cue points available

Should i get a powered hub ?

once again its much appreciated
Konix 6:12 PM - 26 April, 2016
Yes you'll still get all the FX, but nothing really to control them with except your mouse :/
So you'd might want to invest in a MIDI controller (but again that's more stuff to plug in USB).

I'd recommend a powered hub if possible, but non powered should work fine also. I use two XDJ-1000s with a non powered hub and never had any problems (well it is powered, I just don't have the plug for it).
Code:E 7:20 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:
I'd recommend a powered hub if possible, but non powered should work fine also.

Incorrect.

Powered hub or nothing. It may work for a few minutes without a powered hub but you will get drop outs and tons of issues.

Quote:
I use two XDJ-1000s with a non powered hub and never had any problems (well it is powered, I just don't have the plug for it).

YOu must have a laptop with USB3.0 ports.

I have seen some unpowered hubs work on USB3 computer because of the higher powerout on the USB port. But I would NEVER trust it.
djmarksmith 8:05 PM - 26 April, 2016
So can i just check, i use 2 x cdj900 and an akai amx i would gain control over the volume controls and some transport functions i will need 3 usb ports and if i wanted to use cue control i would need something like a SP1meaning 4 USB

Powered seems it would bee necessary
Tommy Deem 9:38 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I'd recommend a powered hub if possible, but non powered should work fine also.

Incorrect.

Powered hub or nothing. It may work for a few minutes without a powered hub but you will get drop outs and tons of issues.

Quote:
I use two XDJ-1000s with a non powered hub and never had any problems (well it is powered, I just don't have the plug for it).

YOu must have a laptop with USB3.0 ports.

I have seen some unpowered hubs work on USB3 computer because of the higher powerout on the USB port. But I would NEVER trust it.

3years with non powered hub and 0 issues...
Tommy Deem 9:41 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:
So can i just check, i use 2 x cdj900 and an akai amx i would gain control over the volume controls and some transport functions i will need 3 usb ports and if i wanted to use cue control i would need something like a SP1meaning 4 USB

Powered seems it would bee necessary

Imo no u dont, cdj's dosent use almost any power via usb connection. U can run whole setup with non powered hub also.