Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Fix the 'memory overhead' for 'large' iTunes libraries!

DJFocker 8:46 PM - 24 April, 2016
After several successful years with Itch, SSL and SDJ and despite the $$$ I've spent on apps and addons, control vinyl...I find that SDJ will not even load my library of 92,000 songs...crashes every time on start-up!

Apps that don't have any issues with my iTunes library size:
Rekordbox, Traktor, Virtual DJ, DJay, iTunes and...SSL...

Its like one step forward and 2 steps back!
Yay pulselocker....boo my program won't load!
It feels as if Serato Dev team has given up on the support of large local libraries that they don't receive a 'subscription to' support, in lieu of Pulselocker integration....
Come on Serato please focus on the customers who have already bought your 'products' without telling them the 'fix' is to not use the iTunes platform....or use SSL which is an orphan and still is more reliable then the 'new flagship' VDJ!

I've been using Rekordbox....if you can't rectify this problem ASAP then I don't see myself returning to the serato platform.
popnwave 8:07 PM - 27 April, 2016
I never have a problem, what platform and how big is your library?

I understand your complaint, but from another users viewpoint what are you doing differently that brings this problem into the equation?
DJFocker 11:22 PM - 27 April, 2016
My issue is as diagnosed by Serato CS...:(
98k songs
2013 15"MBP Retina 1TB internal ssd 16gb RAM and 2012 13" MBA 256gb internal ssd 8gb ram. Using 1tb external HDs for each system.
Serato CS says it's a combination of large library AND using iTunes to manage it...
They say they are working on a fix....but unless I were to ditch my controller and use a rane 62 with SSL I can't even open a Serato product right now....
So I'm using Rekordbox DVS looking forward to the release of the new pioneer DJM-RR with DVS and external power in the same footprint as the DDJ-SR!;)
I'm selling my SX2....soon I won't even have Serato compatible controllers!
DJFocker 11:49 PM - 27 April, 2016
Sorry DDJ-RR
popnwave 12:53 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Sorry DDJ-RR

Well, you are right then, I'd be using another platform too :/