Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-SR Mic input in a recording

dj ctoss 2:58 AM - 21 April, 2016
A couple years ago I bought a DDJ-SX and had issues with the mic input not showing up in the mix recording through serato. Long story short, I sold that controller some time last year.

Now I'm more financially stable and am looking to purchase another controller. But I don't want to spend too much. I'm thinking of getting the DDJ-SR . Does this device (the SR) have the same issue of the mic not showing up in the mix? Or has serato or pioneer fixed this?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
dj ctoss 6:37 PM - 21 April, 2016
Anyone know?
D-Maze 1:34 PM - 16 May, 2016
I know the sz does but the sb and sb2 don't and since the sr has been around a while i doubt that it will either.But an easy solution is to use audacity speech to text or some other software to create some drops add them to the sp6 and place your drops anywhere anytime
DjBliZz 9:19 PM - 17 May, 2016
I actually wish that there was an option to turn off the mic input when recording with my NS7-II. I hate how it records the mic input.
djmdosi 10:04 PM - 17 September, 2018
its imposible to do a live mic recording usind ddjsr,realy sad
DJ Tecniq 10:50 PM - 17 September, 2018
It’s a limitation of the Serato software “Mix” will only record the mix not your microphone. I have the SR2 and it’s the same unfortunately.
DJ JulioYEG 12:33 AM - 18 September, 2018
heres a work around get a 3.5 mm to rca hopefully you have a mac and change ur sound input to the headphone jack and right click on quicktime player and internally record ur mixes through there
DJ JulioYEG 12:34 AM - 18 September, 2018
i did that to run a school podcast through my mixer back in the day
djmdosi 1:38 PM - 20 September, 2018
oh thats cool let me try,hope they will soon upgrade so we may use the mic red
g
recording
on sr
DJMIYAGI 8:01 PM - 20 September, 2018
Quote:
oh thats cool let me try,hope they will soon upgrade so we may use the mic red
g
recording
on sr

Not possible. The mic is routed to the master output only
djmdosi 8:44 PM - 20 September, 2018
Very Impossible i Agree and feel sad i bought it a while back and did not think of it
DJ JulioYEG 3:04 PM - 21 September, 2018
is there not 2 master outs???
djmdosi 9:56 AM - 2 November, 2018
what about sr2 mic live recording?