Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Move Away From Quicktime and Employ an Open Source Video Decoder / Filter

Papa Midnight 9:48 PM - 20 April, 2016
Now that Quicktime has been all-but-declared dead on Windows, and has been declared a security risk, can Serato finally move towards the usage of an open source filter?

As of last week, Quicktime for Windows has 2 active vulnerabilities being exploited in the wild, and it has been noted that, despite this, Apple will not be patching these bugs nor will they be providing any future patches for Quicktime under Windows.

It's time Serato took it's Windows users seriously for once, and allowed more options beyond using Quicktime in order to support Serato Video, or even mpeg-4 based audio files under Windows.

Here are two example options:
- FFDShow is available under GNU GPL 2.0 (en.wikipedia.org)
- LAVFilter, flatly open source and available on Github (github.com) and uses libavcodec (from the also free FFmpeg).

Both can be incorporated directly into Serato, or installed separately. Either way, please move away from Quicktime (preferably with haste).
DJ Compiler 12:59 AM - 21 April, 2016
+1 Serato is the only reason that Quicktime installed on windows for me. Windows 10's AAC codecs get the job done too if there is a way to incorporate the ones we already have installed on the system.
Whozya 3:57 AM - 21 April, 2016
+1 Even though Serato advised me today that they are thinking about maybe moving away from Quicktime sometime in the future. I really hope they take this issue seriously!
DJ Busy ZA 6:56 AM - 10 May, 2016
+1 Come on Serato. We really need you to take this request seriously.
Iván 7:32 AM - 10 May, 2016
+1 We need uninstall QuickTime
DJ Aquapimp 1:16 PM - 24 May, 2016
+1 Please make it happen and update scratch live as well as a courtesy to users who prefer it