Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Is it possible to share my mp3's with Traktor and Serato without problems?

DJ Profiler 10:03 AM - 19 April, 2016
Hi Community. I have a question about using Traktor and Serato DJ by sharing the same mp3 folders for both. For DVS I'm using Traktor. Now, I want to buy a Controller for some smaller gigs, like bars / lounges an I want to use Serato for that. Is it possible to share my mp3's with Traktor and Serato without loosing any informations like CUE-Points, Gain and so on in the ID3-Tag? I'm worried, that one of that programms overwrite important information from the other.

It would be greate, if someone can help me :-)
DjSyndic8 10:55 AM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
Hi Community. I have a question about using Traktor and Serato DJ by sharing the same mp3 folders for both. For DVS I'm using Traktor. Now, I want to buy a Controller for some smaller gigs, like bars / lounges an I want to use Serato for that. Is it possible to share my mp3's with Traktor and Serato without loosing any informations like CUE-Points, Gain and so on in the ID3-Tag? I'm worried, that one of that programms overwrite important information from the other.

Yes You Can

djtechtools.com
knivfest 11:59 AM - 19 April, 2016
Second that. I use both and have yet to stumble upon any issues. The only issue with using two different systems is the double work setting up cue points I guess.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:16 PM - 19 April, 2016
DJ Profiler 7:14 PM - 19 April, 2016
Thanks for the answers. The double work for CUE-Points is ok. Important for me is, that each programm have their own ID-3 data and don't overwrite each other.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:24 PM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
Thanks for the answers. The double work for CUE-Points is ok. Important for me is, that each programm have their own ID-3 data and don't overwrite each other.

No need with this software does the Cue points,loops,crates,beatgrids.
Quote:
next.audio
deejdave 12:58 AM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Yes You Can

djtechtools.com

You will note the link to the actual software discussed on this article is dead being Native Instruments has since then discontinued support to the software.

As in this will help you in no way unless you have some source for the SSL database Importer tool software.

FTR This is still how I do it to this day but I then go a step further and export everything (cue points and all) to Rekordbox via Rekord Buddy 1.0 ............. which is no longer available either LOL.
swavek 12:31 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
next.audio

It does? for whom?

I have yet to be able to even log in (won't let me in) / reset my password (no luck, says email's on the way but it never ever arrives) / create a new account (tried this with my other email address, but no luck here either), so I can only hope this is not an indication of how this software's gonna work...
DJ Stoyvo 1:33 PM - 21 April, 2016
If i'm not mistaken Cue Points should be saved within the MP3 file itself, however I'm not sure if NI uses them.

I've also been working on an app for music library management. Hopefully I can make an announcement in a month or two :D
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:39 PM - 21 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
next.audio

It does? for whom?

I have yet to be able to even log in (won't let me in) / reset my password (no luck, says email's on the way but it never ever arrives) / create a new account (tried this with my other email address, but no luck here either), so I can only hope this is not an indication of how this software's gonna work...

Sadly it's not released yet. And yes it converts cue points crates beatgrids loops from Serato to Traktor and Rekordbox.
Jätten 7:26 AM - 30 May, 2018
Looking forward to the windows beta.

I use serato to practice at home with timecode or controller and usualy play out on rented CDJS, so its a lot of double work for me.
DJ 1on 5:07 PM - 31 May, 2018
In our next update with dmm by dj1on app.. we're currently experimenting with exporting your crates to tractor and rekordbox.

Check www.dj1on.com