Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Traktor Kontrol Z2 for serato dj

DEEJAAY EPIK 8:09 PM - 4 April, 2016
Kontrol Z2 mapping for serato dj ? anyone have any mappings?
Korduroy 2:05 PM - 5 April, 2016
Hey,

here are my Midi mappings for NI Stuff

www.dropbox.com

If you have questions Hit me up.

Shift and Loop encoders are tempo change.. Everything else is pretty much mapped as the original Z2 mapping for traktor
katmoda 11:28 AM - 4 October, 2016
Korduroy

May I have a look at your map?

Thanks
Korduroy 6:10 PM - 4 October, 2016
Hi!

Of course, Here ya go:
www.dropbox.com

Any questions or suggestions let me know!

Korduroy
katmoda 7:03 PM - 4 October, 2016
brilliant thank you so much Korduroy ;)
Korduroy 12:54 AM - 6 October, 2016
Anytime Bro!
DJ Yagga 12:38 PM - 6 October, 2016
Quote:
Hi!

Of course, Here ya go:
www.dropbox.com

Any questions or suggestions let me know!

Korduroy

Korduroy,

I've been looking for the ultimate mapping for my Z2, and have a modified version of DJPDot's mapping featured on YouTube. I'd like to know how the following is done with your mapping:

- The Sampler: to play my drops, cues, and one shots.
- The Loop in/out: How to set a loop in, and out.
- Effects: Now do I trigger delay/echo on the currently playing track

Thanks,
Korduroy 1:48 AM - 7 October, 2016
Hi!

Thanks for asking!
Actually the mapping I made was trying to get the Z2 as close as Possible to the stock mapping, So if you are familiar with it Functions will be the same as for traktor.

Wich means:
Sampler: As I remember I'm used to hitting my keyboard, so I did not mapped this Actions, BUT it could be easily mapped to the Secondary functions on the cue buttons ( Shift + Any of the buttons). I'll have to take a look at the new sampler now to be sure about the way it works but it should be the same.

Loop In and Out ( Loop is programmed as traktor is on the loop buttons. If you need Loop Punch in and out, It can be mapped to the A/B buttons on top of the cue points. I remember that was mapped on Dj Dot's but I don't use it that much if I Have the Loop Button like I had in traktor. So its Not Mapped.

Effects: They are assigned to the effect Button on the mixer. with On/Of Dry/Wet and Tempo. To do tap tempo I used Shift+Flux.
I usually use Echo out on one deck and delay in the other one. The effect selection I do it manually. BUT The Remix decks Buttons ( C/D) are not used in the mapping and could be assign to any other effect and the On OF Could be mapped to the flux button as a primary option.

Sorry if I'm messy on my writing, English is my second Language.

Any other questions let me know. Im Glad my mappings are helpful for you guys!

Korduroy,

I've been looking for the ultimate mapping for my Z2, and have a modified version of DJPDot's mapping featured on YouTube. I'd like to know how the following is done with your mapping:

- The Sampler: to play my drops, cues, and one shots.
- The Loop in/out: How to set a loop in, and out.
- Effects: Now do I trigger delay/echo on the currently playing track

Thanks,
katmoda 12:33 PM - 7 October, 2016
Hi DJ Yagga

Just like to add, I have also checked out the following Z2 mapping from radikarl

www.radikarl.de

I must say that I really like Radikarls mapping too.

choices choices.... ;)
katmoda 12:35 PM - 7 October, 2016
for Radikarl mapping in above post

A MIDI mapping file to use the Traktor Kontrol Z2 with Serato DJ.
All functions are mapped. A/B buttons toggle between Hot Cues 1-4 and 5-8.
This mapping includes 'EQ colored Waveforms' mapping.
There is a second version to be used if you have the Pitch'N Time DJ Expansion Pack and Serato DJ 1.8.0 or higher. (Replaces tempo knobs with PnT key change knobs)

I am flipping between this one and Korduroys atm ultimately to create my own
Korduroy 3:32 PM - 7 October, 2016
Hey Katmoda!

Im not close to my Z2 at the moment, Did you try this 2 mappings?

A/B buttons toggle between Hot Cues 1-4 and 5-8.
'EQ colored Waveforms' mapping.

I think These 2 are game changers for this Z2 midi mapping . Were you able to map them?
I haven find a way to make the A/B buttons to change mapping pages on Serato like I was able to on Traktor
katmoda 3:38 PM - 7 October, 2016
Hi Korduroy

Yes those functions work on Radicals mapping

I could't work it out so I sent him a message and he kindly explained how he did it which i add below ;)

quote...

"AC BD buttons are software modifiers. pressing C enables the modifier, pressing A disables it. same for B and D

if you look in the XML code, there are conditional mappings. when modifier_1 is off, the pads trigger cue points 1-4, when its on 5-8. same for modifier_2 on the other side"

/quote...

Hope that helps!
Korduroy 4:00 PM - 7 October, 2016
Nice!! Thanks!! Cant wait to map this!

I'll post it when its ready.

Also, Any of you guys using the Kontrol F1 for serato dj? This has become my main weapon For Club use. I'm trying to update my mapping to current software features. If anyone is using it Any suggestions to add to the workflow?

Korduroy
DJ Yagga 4:43 PM - 7 October, 2016
Quote:
Hi Korduroy

Yes those functions work on Radicals mapping

I could't work it out so I sent him a message and he kindly explained how he did it which i add below ;)

quote...

"AC BD buttons are software modifiers. pressing C enables the modifier, pressing A disables it. same for B and D

if you look in the XML code, there are conditional mappings. when modifier_1 is off, the pads trigger cue points 1-4, when its on 5-8. same for modifier_2 on the other side"

/quote...

Hope that helps!

Thanks Korduroy & Katmoda. I'm going to give Radikarl's mapping a test later on today from home. My Z2's about to be super dope :D
katmoda 7:18 PM - 7 October, 2016
very welcome

Combined we should come up with an amazing mapping!

Please share your mod ;)
DJ Yagga 7:27 PM - 7 October, 2016
Quote:
very welcome

Combined we should come up with an amazing mapping!

Please share your mod ;)

Here's my slight mod, I'll have you know that I mapped the Sampler to the Q (Quantize) key

www.dropbox.com

Enjoy ;)
DJ Yagga 7:28 PM - 7 October, 2016
Care to share yours KatModa ?
katmoda 11:07 AM - 8 October, 2016
Quote:
Care to share yours KatModa ?

Yes I shall, away today, when i get back later I will upload ;)

Thanks for yours!
Korduroy 1:45 AM - 9 October, 2016
Sup guys! I'm also working on combination. I'll post it as soon as its ready

Thank you all!
Logisticalstyles 12:36 AM - 29 December, 2016
I'm interested in trying the MIDI mapping that you guys have come up with. I use one that I found on djtechtools back in August. If you guys have something better I'd like to check it out.
Korduroy 3:27 PM - 29 December, 2016
Sup!

Feel free to try my mappings, comment and modify them if needed.

www.dropbox.com
SailorV 11:32 AM - 14 January, 2017
Hi guys. Have you tried connecting the sl2 via the z2 USB hubs?
WildcardX 3:31 PM - 15 January, 2017
Quote:
Hi guys. Have you tried connecting the sl2 via the z2 USB hubs?

I use my SL3 connected through the USB Hub at the back of the Z2 ( I use a self modified RadiKarl Mapping). It is not recommended but I have not had any issue with it thus far.
spo doe 11:20 PM - 17 February, 2017
Do I need to have an interface to make the z2 dvs compatible or can i just use this mapping and it will work with serato dj?
SailorV 11:31 PM - 17 February, 2017
I believe you so. I purchased an sl2 to allow me to do just that. Speaking of which, how would I go.about mapping the z2 to function similar to an AMX?
WildcardX 2:32 PM - 18 February, 2017
You would need a Rane SL 2 to 4 or Denon DS1 to work the Z2 and just use another USN port with a mapping or create a mapping for your self. There are a few that can be found online. The only caveat in your question about the similar functions to the AMX, there won't be any Touch features because this is unique to the hardware of the AMX; touch sensitive knobs that are not on the Z2.
Triple112 9:16 PM - 18 February, 2017
Hallo Zusammen,
kann mir jemand helfen, ich bekomme es nicht hin mit dem z2 und Serato DJ... ich finde bei mir nicht mal diese xml Datei :( und wenn ich den z2 mit dem macbook verbinde und serato dj öffne, reagiert serato nicht, bzw. erkennt den mixer nicht...
Danke & Grüße
Triple112 11:11 AM - 19 February, 2017
Quote:
Hallo Zusammen,
kann mir jemand helfen, ich bekomme es nicht hin mit dem z2 und Serato DJ... ich finde bei mir nicht mal diese xml Datei :( und wenn ich den z2 mit dem macbook verbinde und serato dj öffne, reagiert serato nicht, bzw. erkennt den mixer nicht...
Danke & Grüße

ich hab die Serato Dj Vollversion und DVS, kann es dann trotzdem sein, dass ich eine SL3 oder Denon DVS brauche????
Kross Rhodes 12:07 AM - 2 March, 2017
Hi everyone my first post in the forum, I hope someone is still following this thread I will try and keep it short.

I set up a Traktor Z2 with an SL3 on a Mac using the midi mappings people have kindly shared here.

Everything was working fine with SDJ for a day and then I lost LED feedback on the mixer. The cue pads don't light up when activated, the FX buttons don't light up when activated etc.

I've tried resetting the mixer to factory defaults, reinstalled the Traktor controller editor, re downloaded the SDJ mappings etc. Everything works fine in Traktor Scratch Pro but it doesn't matter which mapping I load up, the LED lights don't give feedback on the mixer in SDJ. (If it's a mapping were the cue pads are lit by default they light up but the FX buttons etc. don't light up).

I really hope someone has some idea what's going on.

Thanks in advance.
WildcardX 11:52 AM - 2 March, 2017
Quote:
Hi everyone my first post in the forum, I hope someone is still following this thread I will try and keep it short.

I set up a Traktor Z2 with an SL3 on a Mac using the midi mappings people have kindly shared here.

Everything was working fine with SDJ for a day and then I lost LED feedback on the mixer. The cue pads don't light up when activated, the FX buttons don't light up when activated etc.

I've tried resetting the mixer to factory defaults, reinstalled the Traktor controller editor, re downloaded the SDJ mappings etc. Everything works fine in Traktor Scratch Pro but it doesn't matter which mapping I load up, the LED lights don't give feedback on the mixer in SDJ. (If it's a mapping were the cue pads are lit by default they light up but the FX buttons etc. don't light up).

I really hope someone has some idea what's going on.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure to have Native Instruments Controller Editor installed on your computer. Before you do open the Controller Editor to your Z2 layout where lighting Feedback should be set. Power on your Z2 and plug it in. You should see the respective LEDs come on. Leaving the Z2 connected; you can close off the Controller Editor and proceed to open Serato. I use the same configuration with a Z2 and SL3 and this is what I have to do each time before i start to get the LED feedback. Hope that helps.

You can also change the LED colours for the Cue Pad in here as well. Just be sure to save it after as a new item in case you decide to revert. Do not interfere with the MIDI outputs unless you are familiar with it and know how to remap if you change the notes which you shouldn't have to do if all works.
Kross Rhodes 10:10 PM - 2 March, 2017
Thanks WildcardX it's making sense to me now.

I persevered and got it working again last night by deleting all of the hidden preferences for the NI controller editor and the ones for Serato, restarted the computer and got the mixer working in Traktor before plugging in the SL3 and adding the mappings for Serato again.

In retrospect with what you've said I think I know the series of events which caused it. Everything was working fine but then I decided to try and remap the SYNC and REL buttons on the mixer to the beat jump controls in Serato. I did this by going into midi assign mode in Serato and clicking on controls I wanted to map and then clicked the buttons on the mixer to assign them. It probably clashed with the way things were set in the controller editor file.

It seemed to be working fine but the rotary encoder for navigating the library started glitching. I turned the mixer off and back on and then I had no lighting feedback.

Now I realise the lighting feedback problem was because I didn't start up the controller editor to load those settings into the mixer and I just fumbled in the dark from that point on :/

I will follow your advice when it comes to the sequence for starting up the controller editor etc. and leave the midi mapping to someone who knows what they are doing lol.

Thanks again for your help.
DJ G-Rebel 7:46 AM - 3 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hallo Zusammen,
Danke & Grüße

ich hab die Serato Dj Vollversion und DVS, kann es dann trotzdem sein, dass ich eine SL3 oder Denon DVS brauche????

Ja. du benötigst eine SL1, 2,3 oder 4. Ich nutze eine SL2 in Verbindung mit Scratch Live und Serato DJ. Das läuft äußerst gut.
Hier die Links zu ein paar Mappings.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Viele Grüße
WildcardX 12:42 PM - 3 March, 2017
Quote:
Thanks WildcardX it's making sense to me now.

I persevered and got it working again last night by deleting all of the hidden preferences for the NI controller editor and the ones for Serato, restarted the computer and got the mixer working in Traktor before plugging in the SL3 and adding the mappings for Serato again.

In retrospect with what you've said I think I know the series of events which caused it. Everything was working fine but then I decided to try and remap the SYNC and REL buttons on the mixer to the beat jump controls in Serato. I did this by going into midi assign mode in Serato and clicking on controls I wanted to map and then clicked the buttons on the mixer to assign them. It probably clashed with the way things were set in the controller editor file.

It seemed to be working fine but the rotary encoder for navigating the library started glitching. I turned the mixer off and back on and then I had no lighting feedback.

Now I realise the lighting feedback problem was because I didn't start up the controller editor to load those settings into the mixer and I just fumbled in the dark from that point on :/

I will follow your advice when it comes to the sequence for starting up the controller editor etc. and leave the midi mapping to someone who knows what they are doing lol.

Thanks again for your help.

Glad it worked out man. Cheers!
Ratko 7:25 AM - 11 May, 2017
Would that work with a Denon DS1 Box, too?

Thanks
Kross Rhodes 8:39 AM - 11 May, 2017
Quote:

Thanks

Im pretty sure it works with the Denon I was thinking of getting one but picked up a cheap SL3 instead. I'm still loving the mixer, no hardware effects but still a great piece of kit for the price.
Mr. Goodkat 8:22 PM - 11 May, 2017
Quote:

Thanks

just be sure to plug the usb from the mixer to the computer as well i.e. one usb to the box - one to the mixer
WildcardX 11:33 PM - 11 May, 2017
Quote:

just be sure to plug the usb from the mixer to the computer as well i.e. one usb to the box - one to the mixer

He can test it that way or also try the powered build in USB hub on the Z2 mixer as I use my SL3 (not recommended to be plugged in this way) and my SP1 plugged into the USB hub on the mixer. It works fine for me and has never failed though that configuration may not be quite recommended.
Dj cuervo 4:00 PM - 23 August, 2017
Is there a way to change the color for the 5-8 cue button? I have the Numark orbit and there is a way in the XML file to set the color of the cue points.
WildcardX 12:25 AM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
Is there a way to change the color for the 5-8 cue button? I have the Numark orbit and there is a way in the XML file to set the color of the cue points.

I don't think so. I tried it using the Controller Editor but no dice.
Korduroy 1:33 AM - 24 August, 2017
I believe that you can via Controller Editor. you'll have to change the shift page to toggle. it will take you to the second page of the mapping.
Once you do that the buttons can have their own colors. BUT.. when you have the switch set to toggle.. and press it every other button is on their second page too

I think :)
WildcardX 2:26 PM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
I believe that you can via Controller Editor. you'll have to change the shift page to toggle. it will take you to the second page of the mapping.
Once you do that the buttons can have their own colors. BUT.. when you have the switch set to toggle.. and press it every other button is on their second page too

I think :)

What happened when I tried it, the second page still maintained the assignment of the colours. I will give it another look later when I get home.
Korduroy 2:32 PM - 24 August, 2017
I might be Wrong, And sadly can't test it myself since i sold my Kontrol Z2.. But it works that way on my F1. So I'm guessing it should be the same. Please let us know when u test it.
WildcardX 2:37 PM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
I might be Wrong, And sadly can't test it myself since i sold my Kontrol Z2.. But it works that way on my F1. So I'm guessing it should be the same. Please let us know when u test it.

I will most definitely. I am doing some research on it right now to see if I missed something as well.
Korduroy 4:43 PM - 24 August, 2017
Great Thanks!
WildcardX 12:19 AM - 25 August, 2017
Quote:

Ok no dice, the only thing i can deduce from the little midi mapping I have messed with before when I had the Behringer CMD DC-1 is that the button only has one midi note for lighting and this is what becomes assigned apart from the midi note for the function. The Shift Page is of course for deleting (Note this is using the RADIKARL mapping). Can you explain how it is done with the F1? I am thinking because of the type of device it is it might have different buttons but i am hoping I could be wrong.
Korduroy 3:04 PM - 25 August, 2017
if i remember well when you change the shift page every button sends another midi note (that it how you can do the delete cue when pressing shift.)

I'm posting the path for my kontrol z2 mapping.. Check it out. It might give you and idea.

I tried to map all the functions as close to the original z2 traktor map but intended for serato.
(Didn't want to loose original function labels on the mixer )

www.dropbox.com
WildcardX 6:14 PM - 25 August, 2017
Yeah my shift page has lighting set for red, the Basic page has the colours assigned. But when you select the buttons formerly used for Deck Assignment (C and D) to access Cue Points 5-8 it still takes the same colour assignment as Cue Points 1-4. So the Shift Page to delete cues has Red assigned for all decks (A, B, C,D), but it's how to get when you press the buttons C and D to access cue points 5-8 that you get them to use another colour apart from what Cue Points 1-4 use.. I'll have a look at your mapping.
Dj cuervo 9:18 PM - 25 August, 2017
Thanks Guy who ever figure this out will get the gold Star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WildcardX 11:26 PM - 25 August, 2017
Well I also messaged RADIKARL on it so I am hoping he responds to me as well.
WildcardX 1:55 PM - 29 August, 2017
Ok, just got back word from RADIKARL that this isn't possible with the Z2 as it has some weird midi output as he puts it. My findings have not been good either so unless some one can get it to work I will have to go with what RADIKARL says since he is way more experienced at this than I am.
Korduroy 2:00 PM - 29 August, 2017
Sad.. They should put out Z2 MK2 with at least 4 pages of midi programming.. :P That would be a pretty amazing machine.

That an internal fx.. ohhh the dream..
WildcardX 2:45 PM - 29 August, 2017
That would be something. Maybe they build the Z2 MK2 with the same design language as the S9/72 as well. Then again we are basically jimmying a mixer to work with Serato that was never meant to be so there's that as well. I was tossing the idea around of getting a Mixars Duo at one point then I though that might be stupid considering what I have; besides having to accommodate the SL3 box; already does the same as that mixer. Maybe I spring for and S9 (when the prices go down because the 72 is released and I don't need the latest and greatest).
Dj cuervo 3:07 PM - 29 August, 2017
Thanks Wildcard X. It is still a dope mixer with Serato midi mapping!!! Salute RADIKARL and all involved!!!!
WildcardX 5:25 PM - 29 August, 2017
Quote:
Thanks Wildcard X. It is still a dope mixer with Serato midi mapping!!! Salute RADIKARL and all involved!!!!

No problem, it's the least I could do to help from my side and at least a good effort was given.
CHRISDALLAS 8:42 PM - 26 November, 2017
Will the Traktor Z2 mixer work with the SL1 Box?
According to previous logs in this thread, I will need a serato box in order to have access to serato using the Z2 mixer. I currently have the Pioneer SZ-2 and thats what I normally use for my gigs but back a home I like to mess with my 1200's. I see in the setup that I have a MIDI tab and the Mixer pops up as an option. Considering this mixer will be for home use right now, is it possible to run as a midi controller in the program but use as a mixer for my turntables.
I know i would need a longer USB cord but what do you think?
I appreciate all the help in advance.
WildcardX 12:31 AM - 27 November, 2017
Quote:
Will the Traktor Z2 mixer work with the SL1 Box?
According to previous logs in this thread, I will need a serato box in order to have access to serato using the Z2 mixer. I currently have the Pioneer SZ-2 and thats what I normally use for my gigs but back a home I like to mess with my 1200's. I see in the setup that I have a MIDI tab and the Mixer pops up as an option. Considering this mixer will be for home use right now, is it possible to run as a midi controller in the program but use as a mixer for my turntables.
I know i would need a longer USB cord but what do you think?
I appreciate all the help in advance.

Yes you would be able to use the SL1 with the Z2, only with Scratch Live though. Just put the Z2 in Midi mode so that it is seen as a midi device by SSL and you can get a mapping on line for the Z2 for SSL as it can't use the same midi map XML file as for SDJ.
WildcardX 12:32 AM - 27 November, 2017
Oh yeah, or you can just map what you need as well in SSL.
CHRISDALLAS 8:37 PM - 27 November, 2017
Thanks, I appreciate the help. I already got it mapped and all. I just need to get that SL1 box so I can plug this mixer up and working using the fader. I was able to upload the Z2 in as a midi controller but not able to map the fader to work for a single side on the fader. So I guess we can officially say that the Z2 requires SSL hardware.
All the other controls worked on the Z2.
Mr. Goodkat 8:38 PM - 27 November, 2017
you cant map faders
Beeshopdj 9:34 AM - 25 April, 2018
Hello Guys,

I'd like to use my Z2 with a numark V7.
Does your mappings are working fine with serato dj pro ?
Is it possible to share your mappings please ?
thanks for your help
WildcardX 11:16 AM - 25 April, 2018
Check Radikarl's page for a 1:1 mapping for the Z2 for Serato.

www.radikarl.de
webcke 12:27 PM - 26 April, 2018
Been using Radikarl's mapping for awhile now all things working as it should, only prob is you gotta have (well I have to) keep traktor editor open.

I know its been mentioned that you can close it after it connects, but after it runs through serato and the Z2 and I got to close it, Nothing works on the mixer. Must be a windows thing? (Running Windows 10)
WildcardX 1:02 PM - 26 April, 2018
Quote:
Been using Radikarl's mapping for awhile now all things working as it should, only prob is you gotta have (well I have to) keep traktor editor open.

I know its been mentioned that you can close it after it connects, but after it runs through serato and the Z2 and I got to close it, Nothing works on the mixer. Must be a windows thing? (Running Windows 10)

Probably, I didn't use it much on my Windows backup machine. I actually didn't even have to open the Controller Editor most times when I connected it to my MBP. On the rare occasion I would have to start controller editor and close it but I could never put my finger in exactly what would cause it. For the Radikarl mapping, I only changed 2 buttons to my liking as there were 2 features I would never use on the default map. Worked perfectly for me.