DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

FIX THE 57mk2!!!

Mike_P 2:34 PM - 2 April, 2016
I'm tired of the blame game and all of this passing the buck bullshit. Rane says its Serato's fault, Serato says its Rane's fault, blah blah blah. The people who bought the mkII paid a lot of money for the most basic of functions to not work. FIX THE HEADPHONE DELAY FIX THE HEADPHONE DELAY FIX THE HEADPHONE DELAY FIX THE HEADPHONE DELAY FIX THE HEADPHONE DELAY FIX THE HEADPHONE DELAY FIX THE HEADPHONE DELAY!!!!!!!! I've opened three help tickets and this last one didn't even get a response. I expect a piece of gear I pay top dollar for to work properly, AT LEAST THE BASIC FUNCTIONS!!! This has been ongoing for OVER A YEAR!
pdidy 9:52 PM - 4 April, 2016
Why haven't you returned it already ?
Mike_P 1:06 AM - 5 April, 2016
I bought it over a year ago and have been told consistently that the problem would be fixed. I love the mixer. It's everything I need. I just want it to work.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 1:44 AM - 5 April, 2016
Hey Mike_P,

Rane have made a fix for this in the latest firmware update in the control panel but sadly the issue is only fixed with Insert FX off and once they are on the delay returns which renders the fix useless if you wish to use FX. They are aware of the problem now and are working on a new version to fix it, sorry there isn't anything Serato can do to sort it from our end.

Hold tight for a new firmware version to sort it,

Regards,

Jason.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:19 AM - 6 April, 2016
Hey Mike_P,

Just to clarify and expand on what Jason has said above:

• There is an issue that some users run into where the is a delay between the mixer output and the headphones. This is due to the way the FX insert works in which it is always on, which allows for the Serato DJ FX to be post-fader on the mixer. Unfortunately, this introduces a latency equivalent to your buffer size setting. The lower your buffer setting, the lower the latency (thus a lower delay between the output and the headphones). Unfortunately not all machines can run at a low buffer setting, which leaves this as an issue for some users.

• The new firmware version 1.07 that Rane have recently released introduces the ability to disable the FX insert on the mixer. If the FX insert is disabled for both channels, then the latency between the output and the headphones will not be present. However, with the insert off then the Serato DJ FX are no longer post fader (so you are trading no latency between output/headphones for loss of post fader FX).

• There is a bug with the new firmware where turning the FX insert off where if you do this the FX do not work at all. This requires work on the Serato DJ side of things, and will be coming in a future update.

• There is a bug with the new firmware where if the FX insert is on, you can only use FX slot 1 (not 2 & 3). This requires work on the Rane firmware side of things, and will be coming in a future update.

So in summary, this requires work on both sides. Rane and Serato are working very closely on this (I speak with the Rane engineers every week) and we both want to resolve this issue as soon as we can.

As it stands now, there is a solution there for you with the headphone latency issue (with a couple of bugs to be fixed) :)

Any other questions, please let me know!

Cheers,
Michael.
AKIEM 5:04 PM - 6 April, 2016
Thanks fir that information.
Mike_P 2:56 PM - 7 April, 2016
Thanks for the reply. This is the first I've heard in a long while that Serato and Rane are working TOGETHER to try to address the problem. It's LONG overdue and quite frankly shouldn't have taken this long to address properly.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:08 PM - 7 April, 2016
Sounds like there was a bit of a communication breakdown, as we've been working together for a long time on this :)