Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Going back to Control Vinyl for one venue - SDJ or SSL + SL3?

Kristian Valdini 7:40 AM - 27 March, 2016
One venue I play at has the new Pioneer TT's setup and having messed around on them at the weekend, I've grabbed some new CV's and I'm going to go back to these over the trusty DDJ-SX for these gigs.

Question:

Having skimmed the forum I am not seeing glowing reports of SDJ + Control Vinyl, what is everyone using and why?

Am tempted to play safe and use SSL (2.5.0) + SL3 for these gigs - as pretty sure the sound/stability will be rock solid... not ideal given its dead, but if it works, why not.

K
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:51 PM - 29 March, 2016
You should be fine as long as you don't have El Capitan. What mixer or interface are you using?

I use SDJ with Rane 62 and played out this weekend with 1.9 and everything was fine. No issues whatsoever.
Kristian Valdini 5:43 PM - 5 April, 2016
Hi Marv,

Using a DJM900 Nexus2 with the new Pioneer TT's (plus new Serato CV's), my old SL3 and a Mac (Yosemite).

Gave it a whirl last weekend and the waveforms in SDJ were really jerky/unresponsive vs when I'm using my DDJ-SX?

Switched on SSL and it hurt my eyes going back to Black and Orange ha ha ha

K
Mr. Goodkat 6:37 PM - 5 April, 2016
use ssl or the newest sdj. i

dont think the dvs wavforms will ever be as stable/smooth as the SSL
Kristian Valdini 8:40 PM - 5 April, 2016
Am on the newest SDJ and not great...

K
Mr. Goodkat 8:52 PM - 5 April, 2016
nope, even if they are smooth moving, they still jitter.

i just try to slow them down and not look at them. you really mix better with out them outside of a glance or 2.