Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

"now Playing" songinfo.txt

Pinox161 3:28 PM - 18 March, 2016
Hi there,

I'm looking for the "now Playing" songinfo.txt in SERATO.
It exists?
Where should i find it ?
Has anyone a solution?

I want to use it for Streaming so you can see which track is playing
Perhaps an idea for a future update.
How to use metadata 2 txt

Thks! Pinox
Serato
MarkF 7:55 AM - 22 March, 2016
Hi Pinox, have you tried the live playlist feature? Go to Setup->Expansion Packs->Serato Playlists->Enable Live Playlists. Close Setup and go to History in the browser. Click "Start Live Playlist" and follow the instructions to get your live now playing info. You can make your playlist public from here by logging in to the website and clicking edit.
Pinox161 9:53 AM - 22 March, 2016
Thanks I will try

Tnks! Pinox
Pinox161 3:24 PM - 23 March, 2016
Sorry MarkF

I need that file to a broadcast software.
That view listeners in their player what song is currently playing.
The only information about the song that is playing and not an entire playlist. You should see it as a text line like in the live playlist that changes 30seconde after the next song began.
All options given are worth nothing.
Can I send a screenshot here ??
Serato
MarkF 1:46 AM - 24 March, 2016
Hi Pinox, you could post a screenshot to imgur.com and link it here.

What broadcast software are you using?
TIMOUNGEGE 10:58 AM - 24 March, 2016
Hi MarkF

I use Nicecast for Broadcast
Can I display The Artiste and title Live Playlists Serato into nicecast ?
I 'm french and I apologize for my English.

Thanks you for your help.
Serato
MarkF 10:07 PM - 30 March, 2016
Hi Tim, we support extraction of track data through your SDJ history tab in the browser > playlist section (Exported Playlist, text, csv and m3u), or Live Playlist enabled first in your settings, then in the same location.

I am actually a Nicecast user myself:) If you edit the Nicecast NowPlaying.txt file, it will pick up titles and add them to your stream periodically. It's not automated, but you can copy track info from our live playlist quite easily in to this file.

From the Nicecast Manual:

For other applications or for manual control, Nicecast can read track titles manually from a text file. This file must be located at ~/Library/Application Support/Nicecast/NowPlaying.txt.

Follow this format:

Title: Come Together
Artist: The Beatles
Album: Abbey Road
Time: 04:20

All fields are optional, or 'N/A' if not available. Nicecast will read from the file every 5 seconds.

Note: When the NowPlaying.txt file exists, Nicecast will always read from it. If you wish to have Nicecast automatically pull titles directly from the source application, be sure to remove the NowPlaying.txt file.
TIMOUNGEGE 10:39 PM - 30 March, 2016
Thank you.
Pinox161 5:54 PM - 9 April, 2016
Quote:
Hi Pinox, you could post a screenshot to imgur.com and link it here.

What broadcast software are you using?

B.U.T.T.
Broadcasting Using This Software
Serato
MarkF 9:17 PM - 10 April, 2016
I haven't use BUTT before but it looks like you can do the same thing I have suggested to TIMOUNGEGE, in that BUTT supports manual updates of track titles. You could copy the live playlist data with either of the following methods. From their manual...

"you can update the current song on the fly.
You only need to type the song into the Song Name input field at the
[Stream] tab and hit Enter or click [OK].

butt can also update the song automatically from a text file.
The first line of the text file must be the name of the song.
As soon as butt detects that the file has been changed it updates the
name of the song on the server."

More info here:

butt.sourceforge.net
Pinox161 11:06 AM - 11 April, 2016
Thanks MarkF,

You can close this topic
MarkyMMP 9:06 PM - 11 October, 2016
quick Q has anyone got this working with BUTT? if so what file do you point BUTT to read from please and yup i have the expansion pack with serrate playlists..
MarkyMMP 5:40 AM - 12 October, 2016
In other words MarkF what .txt file is it we need to point the "Read From Field" to please?
Pinox161 6:13 AM - 25 October, 2016
The "nowplaying".txt file must come from SERATO to be able to place in B.U.T.T.
MarkyMMP 6:31 AM - 25 October, 2016
Yup I get that Pinox but in what directory location is it ? ;-)
Pinox161 6:34 AM - 25 October, 2016
That is my question for SERATO Mark.
MarkyMMP 7:17 AM - 25 October, 2016
Indeed. Serato MOD's any help please?
KING-TUBBY 3:14 PM - 5 March, 2017
Did anyone ever get to where the nowplaying.txt was located on windows. A built in stream to internet broadcast tool would be great, like VDJ has, that automatically sends titles to shoutcast.
MarkyMMP 3:47 PM - 5 March, 2017
Still would be nice. I did however find that using an App called Radr (Richie Hawtin's app) set up right tweets the #Nowplaying app. It works for Serato and Traktor.
KING-TUBBY 7:45 PM - 5 March, 2017
I heard about that app, but I would like it to broadcast over shoutcast, via BUTT. The file must be somewhere in the system I guess if it is showing over twitter via the above app.
MarkyMMP 9:37 PM - 5 March, 2017
Agree. I think it comes from the sessions folder in _serato_ but it doesn't read the track data right so I'm looking for a script to translate it
Dan Fraser 6:15 PM - 9 March, 2017
This tool works great to send live track info Nicecast, once you get it set up:

github.com
Djelad00 4:13 AM - 13 June, 2017
Hi, I created something similar Ben XO's Scrobbler. It can parse the Serato history file and output it to a txt file. I really meant for it to be an API for other devs, but outputing play data to a text file would be fairly easy.

The source code and demo jar is here (only OS X compatible at this time):
gitlab.com