Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Mixtrack Pro 2 not connecting

zemo_G 12:51 AM - 18 March, 2016
Hey,

So i have been using serato Dj intro for a while and my controller works fine, but now i want to upgrade to serato dj. but now my controller wont work with version1.8.2 but it continues to only work with Serato Intro. Can anyone help. I've tried pretty much all troubleshooting process and still nothing.
deejdave 1:52 AM - 18 March, 2016
Does a message come across the bottom like "hardware connecting this can take up to one minute"?
zemo_G 1:55 AM - 18 March, 2016
yeah it does, and after it says "error cannot connect to audio" or something like that.
zemo_G 1:57 AM - 18 March, 2016
Kane D, yeah the troubleshooting process offered at the serato website for windows. Ive tried them all.
deejdave 1:59 AM - 18 March, 2016
1.) Connect your Mixtrack.
2.) On your Mac open Audio MIDI setup > Window > Show MIDI Window
3.) Re-set the change configuration drop down menu from default and choose "new configuration"
4.) Name it properly.

Re-open Serato DJ and it should be seen and activated now.
deejdave 2:00 AM - 18 March, 2016
Actually just noticed you are on Windows. Scratch that as this is the method for Mac.
zemo_G 2:08 AM - 18 March, 2016
Okay, so i just figured it out. Unlike on Serato Dj intro where the controller has to be disabled as the main soundsource, i have to enable it on Serato DJ for it to work. Now its working great.
alh61266 2:25 PM - 25 March, 2016
i had a very similar issue, i could not upgrade above 1.8.0,on my Mixtrack Pro 3, every time i do my SL4 who is providing my SDJ license, got confused, so i cannot go above sdj 1.8.0.
sj78 5:05 PM - 22 August, 2018
Hoping someone might be able to help have got DJ Pro and went to do a gig today but the software came up saying “connecting to Mixtrack pro2 this night take a minute”. After 5 minutes still nothing all the light show up on the mixer.

I turned the laptop on and off plus changed usb leads etc but still nothing..

Can anyone point me in the right direction...
deejdave 9:49 PM - 22 August, 2018
Quote:
1.) Connect your Mixtrack.
2.) On your Mac open Audio MIDI setup > Window > Show MIDI Window
3.) Re-set the change configuration drop down menu from default and choose "new configuration"
4.) Name it properly.

Re-open Serato DJ and it should be seen and activated now.

Have you tried this already.
sj78 10:21 PM - 22 August, 2018
I’m running a windows laptop just trying to re install the software. To see if this works. Worked fine on dj lite and dj intro but problems on Dj Pro
Aptidda 11:19 PM - 22 August, 2018
yep its da clumsy ole windows pc machine user crowd having issues again...... sigh....
Hanginon 2:32 AM - 23 August, 2018
Have you tried using a USB cable 3' (or less) in length, and that has 28 and 24 printed on the cable? This means the two data wires are 28 gauge and the two power wires are 24 gauge.
A 6' (or longer) cable where all 4 wires are 28 gauge can cause problems with connectivity AND sound quality due to voltage loss in the cable.

Your Mixtrack is USB port ONLY powered, like some Traktor controllers -
support.native-instruments.com
Hanginon 3:36 PM - 23 August, 2018
Also check "Sound" properties. You DO NOT want the Mixtrack Pro as the default device (green check mark) which Windows 10 will sometimes do.