Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Sync on SP6 Sampler

Nivaadh 10:32 PM - 10 March, 2016
Hi everyone,

Serato DJ SP6 Sampler is absolutely brilliant.

When sampling through my 4 banks, the sync on the SP6 disengages when skipping through banks and I have to manually click the SP6 sync on the 6 samples on that bank again.

Can it be possible for SP6 sync to work like the deck sync? Once engaged, it will remain in sync until I manually disengage/close Serato DJ even when skipping through banks? I do not mind pressing sync on the decks twice (blue) to sync with the sample.

My reasons for this feature:

- When punching out an energy set, you have to wait for your current sample to stop playing, change the bank and then press your sync buttons again, making you miss your start point of the new sample.

- Now when playing for various crowds & various tempos, certain samples fit in for certain genres of music, so it is a very difficult task to arrange your best samples in order. It is better to have them randomized, synced and ready to engage at a click of a button.

- Another reason is that you do not want to be predictable by using the same 6 samples over and over on a bank because it is difficult to change and re-sync other banks.

- In a tight one hour energy set, you need to engage all 24 samples efficiently as possible.

- If you save time on the sync, you can be more creative with other features that Serato has to offer.

Every other feature of SP6 must remain the same as it is perfectly built. This would make sampling even more quicker and make sets even more better.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Dj Owe 2:11 AM - 11 March, 2016
+100
Nivaadh 6:22 AM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
+100

Thanks Dj Owe :)
Padzilla 11:01 AM - 11 March, 2016
+1 for Sp-6 Sync. At least give us simple sync!
Nivaadh 11:24 AM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
+1 for Sp-6 Sync. At least give us simple sync!

Thanks Padzilla :)
Nivaadh 2:43 PM - 25 April, 2017
Still no feedback on this feature?
Mr Wilks 9:13 AM - 8 August, 2017
+1 million.

I logged this as a bug a while ago as I believed it to not be correct behaviour but turns out it is.

Switching banks stops playback but also kills sync which is a shame as the other options stay engaged. Master tempo doesn't turn off and neither does the other options. It's just sync.

I requested a "global sync" option that syncs all decks and overrides the individual slots and with an option to follow only the decks and not become a tempo master.
Nivaadh 9:27 AM - 8 August, 2017
@ Mr Wilks

I 100% agree with you, however Serato will never make this change.

My solution to this issue was the following:

I midi remapped my left deck sampler pads to the sync buttons of the SP8.

My right deck sampler pads are used to trigger samples.

It's just a quicker way than using the mouse pad to keep pressing sync.

I hope this helps.
Mr Wilks 9:29 AM - 8 August, 2017
Quote:
@ Mr Wilks

I 100% agree with you, however Serato will never make this change.

My solution to this issue was the following:

I midi remapped my left deck sampler pads to the sync buttons of the SP8.

My right deck sampler pads are used to trigger samples.

It's just a quicker way than using the mouse pad to keep pressing sync.

I hope this helps.

Totally agree. Loving the workaround though and will investigate!
taywa2 2:41 AM - 30 November, 2017
+1000