Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Support For CDJ-2000NXS2

Will Evans 9:13 PM - 9 March, 2016
Hello,

I've been using Serato from day one. Recently I've been using CDJ-2000NXS in conjunction with my Pioneer DDJ-SX2 controller. I just upgraded to CDJ-2000NXS2 and was disappointed they are not supported in the most current version of Serato DJ. Please release an update to fix this. Many prominent DJs use a similar setup and many venues and artists are upgrading their gear.

Thank you!
deejdave 8:46 PM - 10 March, 2016
Keep in mind it took over a year for the Nexus MK1's to get Serato support. I am sure it will happen but let's hope sooner rather than later :)
SirForce 8:36 PM - 11 March, 2016
+1 #same
Marine 11:42 PM - 12 March, 2016
+1
SirForce 3:01 AM - 13 April, 2016
bump
Toby82 9:10 AM - 19 April, 2016
+1
Dj Mobius 1:32 AM - 12 May, 2016
+1. I'm surprised that in this day and age, negotiations and planning in the front end don't help synchronize the release of new equipment with supporting software updates. Nevertheless, I would greatly appreciate NSX2 support!
BRUSS 2:43 PM - 17 May, 2016
+1
keithers 3:35 PM - 17 May, 2016
NXS2 mixer support please too!
Marine 6:26 PM - 18 May, 2016
+1 again please serato dj make this happen
SirForce 7:53 PM - 18 May, 2016
+1 this is high on my list of additions (still need that stickerlock bug resolved first).
Karl W 12:40 AM - 5 June, 2016
I rock into a new club with a new Pioneer Nexus setup, plug in my mac thinking yeah I paid fukloads for the clubkit... nek min not only does the mixer not work the cdjs didnt either! WTF You cant call it a clubkit if its not working on Pioneer in the club guys!
Lucky I had my Akai as backup!
deejdave 2:39 AM - 5 June, 2016
You just posted the same thing in two different threads. Problem is one is the actual new Nexus gear (NXS2) and one is the old.

If you are speaking of the new gear it is not even supported by Serato in any way and Serato never claimed it was so this is no way affects them calling it a club kit.

If you are speaking of the old gear (Nexus) then you are posting in the wrong area here and it certainly does work so again justifies the title club kit.

If you are having trouble connecting the Club Kit with the old hardware (Nexus MK1) then click the "Open Help Request" link on the bottom right.
djCanta 11:27 AM - 8 June, 2016
when is there finally a support for the CDJ2000NXS2 in Serato DJ (HID support...) and ofcourse also in the DJM900NXS2 mixer?
SirForce 12:04 PM - 8 June, 2016
Quote:
when is there finally a support for the CDJ2000NXS2 in Serato DJ (HID support...) and ofcourse also in the DJM900NXS2 mixer?

+1
DJ Chris-Style 4:23 AM - 9 June, 2016
Please support CDJ-2000NXS2's I brought them in February when they come out and miss using Serato.
SirForce 9:18 AM - 9 June, 2016
Quote:
Please support CDJ-2000NXS2's I brought them in February when they come out and miss using Serato.

There is always TImecode but I too would love to use the HID mode with these!
Marine 11:41 PM - 9 June, 2016
I purchased the cdi 2000 nxs2's in march and miss being able to use with serato. Please make this happen soon
SirForce 12:30 AM - 10 June, 2016
Quote:
I purchased the cdi 2000 nxs2's in march and miss being able to use with serato. Please make this happen soon

+1
DJ Zewolfy 12:41 PM - 10 June, 2016
+1
Versipellis 8:27 AM - 30 June, 2016
+1
Baum 2:08 PM - 30 June, 2016
+1
Bouwer 12:02 PM - 13 July, 2016
+1
still no response from serato? very unsatisfying... :(
SirForce 12:08 PM - 13 July, 2016
Im still here ... crickets
Versipellis 1:05 PM - 13 July, 2016
I even tweeted at them, where they usually reply - crickets there too.
Marine 12:27 AM - 14 July, 2016
This is sad I have been waiting for hid support since february. Not liking rekordbox still not up to par so I guess I'm going to sell them on eBay. Serato can you please let us know if you are going to support the cdi 2000nxs2 anytime in the near future or no.
Serato, Moderator
James_M 3:59 AM - 15 July, 2016
Hey guys,

This is something we're definitely trying to get into the Serato roadmap but we've got no concrete timelines yet I'm afraid. In the meanwhile, I've heard a few DJ's getting by with Control CDs, but like yourselves I much prefer HID mode too.

Cheers.
BRUSS 7:16 AM - 15 July, 2016
thanks for the update Serato!
Marine 5:03 PM - 15 July, 2016
Time to sell my cdj 2000nxs2 Been waiting since february and with no timeline in site time to move on
Versipellis 3:30 AM - 1 August, 2016
Quote:
Hey guys,

This is something we're definitely trying to get into the Serato roadmap but we've got no concrete timelines yet I'm afraid. In the meanwhile, I've heard a few DJ's getting by with Control CDs, but like yourselves I much prefer HID mode too.

Cheers.

Is there a reason why it's not a priority, given how standard the CDJ+DJM setup is in most venues? I'd be worried about pushing Serato customers to go to Rekordbox because control CDs don't have the same functionality as a CDJ in HID mode, and I suspect most DJs would rather change their software than how they play.
NJHeredia 9:54 PM - 14 August, 2016
Serato / Rane STAFF: WE REALLY NEED THIS. My company just sold 8 of the CDJ-2000 and bought CDJ-2000NXS2 and now I have a huge issue on these machines not been able to connect to Serato DJ in HID mode (which I did not anticipate). I am a software programmer myself and I believe that the modifications on your side should be minor considering that Pioneer already made them Serato Ready. These machines are the industry standard, and having to wait a few weeks for a software patch is reasonable but it has been 6 MONTHS since they hit the market. Please work on this ASAP and give us a date for this to happen PLEASE. Thank you.
deejdave 10:12 PM - 14 August, 2016
Please don't ask Rane (a DJ hardware company who got sold last month) to add support for hardware that a former competing hardware developer created on software that they no longer have any ties with nor did they help develop.............
Quote:
I am a software programmer myself and I believe that the modifications on your side should be minor considering that Pioneer already made them Serato Ready.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the SW modifications and everything to do with licensing etc.
Quote:
These machines are the industry standard, and having to wait a few weeks for a software patch is reasonable but it has been 6 MONTHS since they hit the market.

Keeping in mind the original Nexus players took over a year to see Serato support and the original CDJ-2000's took even longer I don't think 6 MONTHS is all that excessive.
Quote:
Please work on this ASAP and give us a date for this to happen PLEASE. Thank you.

Serato never has given dates and they never will............... except that ONE time! LOL

Other than all this I agree. In other words I agree they should be supported LOL.
NJHeredia 11:42 PM - 14 August, 2016
Quote:
Please don't ask Rane (a DJ hardware company who got sold last month) to add support for hardware that a former competing hardware developer created on software that they no longer have any ties with nor did they help develop.............

You are right: I should have started with "To whom it may concern". I'll be more careful next time as probably the Rane people will get mad at me... LOL

Quote:
Keeping in mind the original Nexus players took over a year to see Serato support and the original CDJ-2000's took even longer I don't think 6 MONTHS is all that excessive.

I agree: it does not look excessive if we think in one in terms of the other, BUT this should not be the way to see it, instead they should respond as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Other than all this I agree. In other words I agree they should be supported LOL.

THANK YOU! I do not know if writing here will speed anything up, but nevertheless I should try (at least you heard me!). I hope we can make a difference.
deejdave 12:52 AM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
I agree: it does not look excessive if we think in one in terms of the other, BUT this should not be the way to see it, instead they should respond as quickly as possible.

Fully agree. I feel like with the amount of SW options there out there things will soon become who can do things properly the quickest. Serato has often had the upper hand with hardware due to all their partnerships but losing Rane and Pioneer things will become that much harder thus the need for more push on all ends.
Quote:
THANK YOU! I do not know if writing here will speed anything up, but nevertheless I should try (at least you heard me!). I hope we can make a difference.

Hey it certainly can't hurt. The more buzz about this topic the more the powers at be will see its necessity and relevance.
SirForce 5:00 PM - 23 August, 2016
still here... lots of people ...still.... asking for this capability, some even willing to pay for it....

People asked at DJ Expo WHY AM I NOT TRYING VIRTUAL DJ... my answer, i guess I should because I was holding out for serato... why am i holding out, i can't really answer that either.

I guess I thought serato was the best and maybe thats the key... "was" ... i'm conflicted but maybe I need to be more open minded.
deejdave 7:48 PM - 23 August, 2016
That's just the thing. It does not even take being open mined to know how crucial (in more ways than the obvious) this is going forward. IF there is some one thing preventing this I feel it should be brought out into the open. There is power in numbers (usually) and it just seems like a chore to ignore this one. Rekordbox DJ has added scrolling waveforms to the NXS2's running HID and we can't even get simple traditional HID? Take a note from VDJ for once I say.
amsioso 8:35 AM - 15 September, 2016
Please go to this Pioneer's forum link and tell what you think. Maybe If we are all together they listen to us...
forums.pioneerdj.com
Versipellis 6:48 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
Please go to this Pioneer's forum link and tell what you think. Maybe If we are all together they listen to us...
forums.pioneerdj.com

Are you even bothering to read the threads? Fault isn't with Pioneer, it's with Serato.
amsioso 6:56 PM - 15 September, 2016
No My friend the game is on Pioneer. See the link.
deejdave 8:08 PM - 15 September, 2016
The game is on Pioneer for Pioneer products. You need to read what you are posting. It has almost nothing to do with Serato which is what people are asking for here. Furthermore that is for the DJM-900NXS2 not CDJ's. RIF
amsioso 8:26 PM - 15 September, 2016
O i see that You can Not understand. Sorry for My english. Dont worry about and Thanks for your help.
djCanta 7:22 AM - 20 October, 2016
finally it is announced. Serato DJ will support the complete NXS2 pack what is club standard since febr. 2016.
deejdave 1:28 PM - 20 October, 2016
Definitely newest hw but even djworx/djtechtools confirmed clubs are not moving to them yet due to lack of support by main sw. The good news is even with how long peeps are making this seem it is the fastest serato ever added support for any cdj-2000. I remember waiting for the original nexus support which was over a year and seemed like forever. They also did not give any future insight as they did this time. Handled very well imo. I jus hope they get it right and am hoping for moving waveforms as well :) maybe they moved this Ali g so fast to show amsioso how his spammed link never had anything to do with serato/traktor ;)
amsioso 11:25 AM - 21 October, 2016
Maybe they want to give a solution for those who dont want to use Rekordbox. But i told and i confirm that ir Pio doesnt "unlock" their drivers you can Not use Serato or Traktor. Serato or Traktor can have their software made to use with djm900nxs2 but if Pio doesnt give "green light" to them there is nothing to do... so is on Pio policies.
Deejdave, i understand that you dont have a nxs2, that you dont like my posts, that you havent understand my posts... but i didnt made "spam" i was fighting for my rights as a Pio costumer.
Pelase stop spam my posts and live you live. Whats is your problem? Are you bored? Do you want a nxs2 and you cant? Are you obsessed with me?
Please stop spam my posts you are start to be boring.
BRUSS 12:29 PM - 21 October, 2016
deejdave is just saying what we're all thinking amsioso. You posted the same thing on multiple topics with little relevance to the subject matter in each which is basically spam.

Now let's all just be thankful that we're finally getting support!
amsioso 1:04 PM - 21 October, 2016
I remember your posts... and let me say that you and 2 more arent "what we're all thinking".
Found help for other forum members.
i'm the first saying thanks to Serato, Marcus... and those forum members that understand What i was telling and help.
And i'm not telling no body if i was right or wrong or if someone were right or wrong. I wasnt here to fight or to be the "alfa", or to show that i have the bigger d**k...
Sorry if my english were too bad or if i didnt explain me well, or for repeat the same things in posts where people where talking about cdj or djm nxs2 looking for hid or dvs support.
But i did it looking for help not to fight.
Thanks for been helpfull.
jaywoodz 5:56 AM - 26 October, 2016
Quote:
finally it is announced. Serato DJ will support the complete NXS2 pack what is club standard since febr. 2016.

When will it be released then?
Konix 12:34 PM - 26 October, 2016
Quote:

See here... serato.com
jaywoodz 1:45 PM - 26 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

See here... serato.com

I assume this will include support for the DJM-900NXS2?
deejdave 10:41 PM - 26 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See here... serato.com

I assume this will include support for the DJM-900NXS2?

No need to assume. They flat out say it in the link ...............
"This follows our announcement that DJM-900NXS2 support is also coming."
djCanta 10:56 AM - 1 November, 2016
before the end of the year is said by Pioneer and by Serato. you need to upgrade the DJM's firmware to unlock it and probably even the CDJ's firmware for HID communication. I also expect it will be released by Serato's 1.9.4
djCanta 9:23 AM - 13 December, 2016
Pioneer says at Facebook page the CDJ2000NXS2 and DJM900NXS2 are supported by Serato DJ. All you need is the latest firmware on the CDJ's and DJM installed and Serato 1.9.5 (which is not live yet, while typing this...) I think it will be released tonight.
SirForce 2:13 PM - 13 December, 2016
Looking forward to using this in the club.
amsioso 2:25 PM - 13 December, 2016
Today there is a firmware update for the cdj nxs2 to work with Serato in Hid mode
djCanta 3:20 PM - 13 December, 2016
I've seen it yes... 1.55 ! Pioneer's Product Manager has written in the release notes that Serato DJ is supported since CDJ2000NXS2 's firmware 1.51 and up. Ofcourse it should, because else the 1.9.5 beta didn't work out.
beamshape 2:07 PM - 13 January, 2020
+1 for full support including Scrolling and zoomable waveform!