Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2 - HID Support?

DeeJay Staas 1:37 PM - 28 February, 2016
On 1.8.1 or Beta 1.9 ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:14 PM - 28 February, 2016
No and No
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 1:07 AM - 2 March, 2016
Hey DeeJay Staas,

We are looking into supporting the Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2's in HID mode, however at the moment I can not say when this will happen.

Cheers.
Marco1 3:22 PM - 3 March, 2016
Hello Nathaniel,

A lot o people like bought the new DJM NXS 2 and CDJ 2000 NXS2, we want to use Serato instead Rekordbox but we need support from you side asap.

How long you think you will take have supported this new units?
cwiggy78 6:46 PM - 3 March, 2016
I'm living in hope for this support too.

Please make it happen

+1
SirForce 8:21 PM - 10 March, 2016
+1
deejdave 8:44 PM - 10 March, 2016
At this point this is a MUST regardless of whether you get the blessing from Pioneer or not. Don't know how you guys remain so calm................... I really don't. Sometimes you can take heat as a compliment because they are intimidated and what not...................... this is NOT one of those times. This was just bad business!!! If I hadn't already purchased this gear I honestly would have thought twice out of respect for my Serato fam.................
4tea 3:45 AM - 11 March, 2016
forums.pioneerdj.com

Pioneer DJ also confirms what Nathaniel T said.

I'd like to ask one more thing, are there similar discussions between Pioneer DJ and Serato to support the DJM900 nexus2 (either plug and play like 900SRT or through the club kit like the 900 nexus).

Thanks

Thanks
deejdave 3:49 AM - 11 March, 2016
IF it were to happen for the 900NXS2 it would be via Club Kit as native (plug & play) support is decided pre-launch thus generally ends up yielding a little "Serato" logo on said device.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:27 PM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
I'd like to ask one more thing, are there similar discussions between Pioneer DJ and Serato to support the DJM900 nexus2 (either plug and play like 900SRT or through the club kit like the 900 nexus).

Iv not yet seen a reply or post anywhere from Pioneer or Serato to say this is happening... So know one knows at all. Sure we all hope it happens but i guess Pioneer want to grab the sales on this first. (Just my own random guess)
Brian M 9:06 PM - 11 March, 2016
Pulled from Pioneer's Forum

" I understand your thought process but no product marketing campaign will ever tell you "Our product does not do...." It is your job as a consumer to ask these questions. We were asked this question (and many more) at the NAMM show in January and we always answered truthfully. In a related note, Serato decided to support the original DJM-900nexus YEARS after it was released. This was not Pioneer's decision. This same technology exists in the new 900NXS2. We are waiting, just as you are, for Serato to offer support for it.

Let me provide a bit of insight for you. Serato provides their Serato DJ software to you for free. So how do they make money? Well, Serato gets a portion of the profit of every piece of compatible hardware sold that features their name. For example, our entire DDJ-S_ lineup, DJM-900SRT, DJM-S9, etc. They get a cut of every product sold. They also offer support for the original DJM-900NXS but only after you purchase their Club Pack. When they offered HID support for our CDJ and XDJ players, they made no money. They likely did it because they knew that these were the most widely used DJ products in the world and they wanted DJs to use their software. Since the DJM-900NXS2 is not a Serato licensed product, IF they do decide to support it, they will almost certainly require users to purchase their Club Pack.

I know how important this is to many customers but, unfortunately, we are all stuck in a waiting game. I hope to see this resolved quickly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I don't foresee any other constructive comments coming out of this thread so I am closing it. If we receive any news or update, I will post it here and reopen the thread
AdamWhite 10:05 PM - 4 June, 2016
i'm about to play a show and was planning on doing this and cannot believe it's not a thing. pretty upset rn
Beluy 8:48 AM - 23 August, 2016
+1
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:40 PM - 23 August, 2016
You guys should give Rekordbox dj a try its amazing on these players 100% no glitches and you get the large colour moving waveforms.

But yes +1 to serato supporting these and also completely giving HID a overhaul.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:16 AM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:
Pulled from Pioneer's Forum

" I understand your thought process but no product marketing campaign will ever tell you "Our product does not do...." It is your job as a consumer to ask these questions. We were asked this question (and many more) at the NAMM show in January and we always answered truthfully. In a related note, Serato decided to support the original DJM-900nexus YEARS after it was released. This was not Pioneer's decision. This same technology exists in the new 900NXS2. We are waiting, just as you are, for Serato to offer support for it.

Let me provide a bit of insight for you. Serato provides their Serato DJ software to you for free. So how do they make money? Well, Serato gets a portion of the profit of every piece of compatible hardware sold that features their name. For example, our entire DDJ-S_ lineup, DJM-900SRT, DJM-S9, etc. They get a cut of every product sold. They also offer support for the original DJM-900NXS but only after you purchase their Club Pack. When they offered HID support for our CDJ and XDJ players, they made no money. They likely did it because they knew that these were the most widely used DJ products in the world and they wanted DJs to use their software. Since the DJM-900NXS2 is not a Serato licensed product, IF they do decide to support it, they will almost certainly require users to purchase their Club Pack.

I know how important this is to many customers but, unfortunately, we are all stuck in a waiting game. I hope to see this resolved quickly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I don't foresee any other constructive comments coming out of this thread so I am closing it. If we receive any news or update, I will post it here and reopen the thread

Now that's an explanation.

Serato is probably thinking of a way to monetize the support, they probably asking for a cheque from Pioneer to support the new gear.

Well I understand that Serato is a business and perhaps the club kit isn't pulling in enough cash as expected,if this is the cas why don't they just do specific support kits for specific mixers and charge for it.

Eg Club kit for Nexus 2 package $19.99 or club kit package for Pioneer products for live $199.99

Something like that. They can sell each one as a plug in or something.

I think the Pioneer has more leverage than Serato in this matter (being the most ubiquitous hardware and now with Rekordbox)

They obviously don't want to be paying Serato again and the only loser here is Serato.

Pioneer says it's waiting for Serato to support it and they don't care how it's supported they just won't be cutting a cheque. Balls in your court Serato Inc
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:19 AM - 25 August, 2016
And whilst at it they should support the R line controllers asap...if they support the RZ that will be my next purchase and I don't mind paying €30 for the Serato Plug in.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:21 AM - 25 August, 2016
Pass on the cost to the customers and it will even give you an overview of what gear your clients use.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:26 AM - 25 August, 2016
On the smaller companies still trying to get recognition will invite you to the table. Don't be that scalper company, we all know what happened to the music industry. The trend now is towards being independent.

You need to change with times to stay relevant.

Be like virtual dj support everything you are legally able to support within a decent time frame. Not eons after.
Versipellis 2:51 AM - 30 August, 2016
Hey, at least Serato started replying to say that they'd love to support it in the future.

This is a big step forward from their lack of response from the other thread that had like 10+ pages.
deejdave 2:57 AM - 30 August, 2016
Threads have pages now? :)
Versipellis 3:00 AM - 30 August, 2016
Quote:

The equivalent of. ;)
Versipellis 3:01 AM - 30 August, 2016
Quote:

(I mostly have been through so many threads of bitching about it on here, Pioneer forums, and Reddit hoping for a Serato response and I honestly get them confused all the time)
deejdave 3:03 AM - 30 August, 2016
I know was just messing around LOL. To add to that we got pages for days of peeps asking for this. Rane MP-2014 and Pioneer NXS2 are BY FAR the most requested hardware. IMO this needs to be done in order to be a complete professional solution. VDJ is offering HID for NXS2. Pioneer just introduced scrolling waveforms for HID. Things are starting to look grim.
maarawoe 6:15 AM - 30 August, 2016
Quote:
Pioneer just introduced scrolling waveforms for HID. Things are starting to look grim.

Only on some hardware....
I am really pissed of by their segregation of nxs2 and the rest of crap they ever sold to us...
deejdave 10:09 AM - 30 August, 2016
I hear ya. I'd be curious if this was an actual tech gap for once. Pioneer rarely does it like that so......
deejdave 10:11 AM - 30 August, 2016
I'm still using my original nexus's as they support more of the sw I use.
deejdave 10:11 AM - 30 August, 2016
Matter of fact one if my nxs2's is still in the box lol.
Code:E 3:40 AM - 31 August, 2016
I just ordered a pair of these...... This seems like one of those issues that Serato/pioneer keep having and nobody wants to spell it out why.

Every single CDJ2000 that has been released has suffered major HID issues and delays.

Now honestly half the issues are I'm 1000% sure due to Pioneer not wanting support right off the bat since they want to push their software offerings as much as possible. And the business man in my can't blame them. But as the consumer and DJ it's a total fucking dick move. Who knows maybe Serato delays this things as well so give other players in the market time to gain some traction with consumers as well. Why would they do this or care. Because nobody besides pioneer likes the iron grip pioneer has on club standard DJ gear and the massive market share they have on consumer level DJ gear.

Anyway, thats enough of a rant for now.
Hey Serato Can we get HID support anytime soon? or are we waiting for a Serato 2.0?
deejdave 4:00 PM - 31 August, 2016
"Who knows maybe Serato delays this things as well so give other players in the market time to gain some traction with consumers as well."

I sure hope the businessman in you did not come to this conclusion. This is what is known as bad business.
Code:E 7:54 PM - 31 August, 2016
Quote:
"Who knows maybe Serato delays this things as well so give other players in the market time to gain some traction with consumers as well."

I sure hope the businessman in you did not come to this conclusion. This is what is known as bad business.

Are you kidding me? Its completely normal business practice that is done in industry's the world over.

You don't really think release dates for products isn't a incredibly highly controlled endeavor?
Market positioning and timing of release's is for sure taken into account before anything is released. You are in the music industry right? Labels delay albums months all the time to make sure that an album can get maximum exposure.

Serato and/or pioneer delaying support for controllers and software is happening.
deejdave 10:31 PM - 31 August, 2016
No doubt it is happening. I am just willing to say without a doubt that a companies motive for timing is RARELY to ensure competing companies are gaining support and or sales (traction).

Serato may hold off on a a release to benefit themselves (as in strategy etc.) but not other players. What is the sense in this. Making sure competitors mouths are fed?
Quote:
Labels delay albums months all the time to make sure that an album can get maximum exposure.

This is an example of ensuring self success not competitors success. What am I missing here?
deejdave 10:33 PM - 31 August, 2016
"Game theory is mainly used in economics, political science, and psychology, as well as logic, computer science, biology and poker.[2] Originally, it addressed zero-sum games, in which one person's gains result in losses for the other participants"

en.wikipedia.org
DJ/VJ Graham 4:14 AM - 1 September, 2016
deejdave, I think code: E meant Serato was delaying support for the CDJ's to give other players (hardware manufacturers i.e. Denon, Numark) time to gain some market share too (to reduce Pioneer Work Domination).

I think that is what he meant.
DJ/VJ Graham 4:15 AM - 1 September, 2016
typo; world not work
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:48 AM - 1 September, 2016
I thought Serato gained traction (market share) by partnering with Pioneer (esp with the controllers)

most newer djs just get an S controller whilst familiarising with Pio products. Many get hooked to Serato and yet are comfortable knowing that they are getting acquainted with Pioneer hardware layout.

In my contact with a few djs, the feedback i'm getting is that they will stick to pioneer gear even if it means ditching Serato.

I'm talking from a European perspective.

If indeed Serato is holding off support of newer Pioneer products to favour themselves or other hardware manufacturers then they stand a chance of losing these newbie djs as the only thing they want to use is Pioneer.
WarpNote 8:14 AM - 1 September, 2016
^^ this
DJTeeJayAUS 3:16 AM - 14 September, 2016
commenting so when news comes of a nxs2 club kit beta i know about it. Serato if you are reading this please let me test said club kit, my life would be far less painful.
Code:E 4:47 PM - 14 September, 2016
I jut picked up a pair for NXS2's and well they are currently usless to me. I ont even get to use them until Serato Adds HID mode.
maarawoe 6:23 PM - 14 September, 2016
Quote:
I jut picked up a pair for NXS2's and well they are currently usless to me. I ont even get to use them until Serato Adds HID mode.

At least next time you will check compatibility before you buy an overpriced gear for obviously no reason...
Seriously - why have you spent so much money on nxs2 without even checking if its compatible with Serato when its so essential for you???
amsioso 8:25 AM - 15 September, 2016
Please go to this Pioneer's forum link and tell what you think. Maybe If we are all together they listen to us...
forums.pioneerdj.com
Versipellis 6:48 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
Please go to this Pioneer's forum link and tell what you think. Maybe If we are all together they listen to us...
forums.pioneerdj.com

Are you even bothering to read the threads? Fault isn't with Pioneer, it's with Serato.
amsioso 6:57 PM - 15 September, 2016
Look in the link and You Will understand.
deejdave 7:54 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
Look in the link and You Will understand.

That thread is about DVS support................ for Rekordbox............... for the DJM-900NXS2.
Code:E 8:10 PM - 15 September, 2016
The question of support will definitely fall on both party's. I'm sure the work is up to Serato todo, But Pioneer needs to give permission 1st. So wait..... until pioneer has decided RB won't be hurt by allowing serato support.
amsioso 8:38 PM - 15 September, 2016
Yes. It's all about Pioneer wanting people to use Rekorbox...
Versipellis 9:43 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
Yes. It's all about Pioneer wanting people to use Rekorbox...

Stop spamming the Serato forums.
amsioso 10:14 PM - 15 September, 2016
spamming??? Hahahahaja are You from Pioneer or a colaborator??? Or do You have a special interest in blame on Serato?
I'm only looking for help and trying to help each others with the same equipement and problems.
Thanks for your help saying it!! Very helpfull.
Versipellis 11:47 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
spamming??? Hahahahaja are You from Pioneer or a colaborator??? Or do You have a special interest in blame on Serato?
I'm only looking for help and trying to help each others with the same equipement and problems.
Thanks for your help saying it!! Very helpfull.

Seriously? Conspiracy theories now?

Like I said - did you read this thread? It's about Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2 HID support for Serato. You came in here posting about something else. Take your off-topic BS to 4chan or something.
Serato, Support
Matt P 11:56 PM - 15 September, 2016
Hi All,

I have some good news,

Serato will be supporting the DJM900NXS2.

No word on when, but yeah it will definitely be happening.
amsioso 6:15 AM - 16 September, 2016
Thanks Matt!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:11 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Hi All,

I have some good news,

Serato will be supporting the DJM900NXS2.

No word on when, but yeah it will definitely be happening.

What about the CDJ 2000 Nexus II, not that i have one but they are in loads of spots i ve had to dj at. Always have to use timecode CDS and 9 outta 10 i have to leave my CDs behind or forget to eject them

Quote:
Thanks Matt!!

Guess your method worked lol.
amsioso 7:35 AM - 16 September, 2016
It's about Pioneer's policy. I'm sure that when Serato finally support djm900nxs2 Will support cdj's too.
Do You know that some people (look for in Pio forums) are working in his own software for work with cdj??
For now Pio is wanting that all users have to work with his software.
I've read post's here talking about "market share", "european perspectives",... Not only cdj2000nxs2 and Serato. Because talking about cdj and Serato You have to talk about Pioneer's policy.
Be more "mind opened" and try to help and listen each others. This Will be more helpfull.
It's so sad that in a simple forum there are people looking for "who is the alfa" instead Of been helpfull. We have to try to help each others and be together. If we can Not help each others and be together in a forum the World goes bad...
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:44 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
It's about Pioneer's policy. I'm sure that when Serato finally support djm900nxs2 Will support cdj's too.
Do You know that some people (look for in Pio forums) are working in his own software for work with cdj??
For now Pio is wanting that all users have to work with his software.
I've read post's here talking about "market share", "european perspectives",... Not only cdj2000nxs2 and Serato. Because talking about cdj and Serato You have to talk about Pioneer's policy.
Be more "mind opened" and try to help and listen each others. This Will be more helpfull.
It's so sad that in a simple forum there are people looking for "who is the alfa" instead Of been helpfull. We have to try to help each others and be together. If we can Not help each others and be together in a forum the World goes bad...

Slow down amigo, a while back Pioneer released a statement on their forums saying that they have done everything on their part that its left for Serato to support. I believe it was one of the reps. So from that point on obviously people started venting here and urging Serato to support.

The Serato forums is the most helpful place in the world for everything DJ related and more (e.g relationship issues etc :)

I don't even have the Nexus II and i'm lending my voice to request support for it. And i'm sure many people here don't

But i still stand by my view that most people where i live when it comes to DJ equipment, they think of Pioneer products first. And i'm sure pioneer didnt get to be the defacto brand by a miracle. They always good durable products and they cover from budget to premium.
amsioso 11:36 AM - 16 September, 2016
Here is all explained better Than i did.
djtechtools.com
If You want to help please go to the link i posted from Pio's forum and tell something to makes Pio listen all together.
Thanks!!
Versipellis 12:51 PM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
djtechtools.com
If You want to help please go to the link i posted from Pio's forum and tell something to makes Pio listen all together.
Thanks!!

Or you can take your spammy crusade back to the Pioneer forums instead of flooding Serato threads which don't even relate to what you're talking about just because they mention Pioneer.
Versipellis 12:52 PM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
djtechtools.com
Thanks!!

By the way, that article was posted in June. Pioneer already said since then that DVS support for Serato lies with Serato, not them, just like Marv the Maverick said. Read.
amsioso 12:54 PM - 16 September, 2016
"...The Serato forums is the most helpful place in the world for everything DJ related and more (e.g relationship issues etc :)..."
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:19 PM - 16 September, 2016
Pioneer just posted out CDJ2000Nexus HID support coming soon for TRAKTOR. That be VDJ and Traktor!
amsioso 1:20 PM - 16 September, 2016
Good news!! Thanks!!
deejdave 1:21 PM - 16 September, 2016
Thank god this is finally happening. It is sounding more and more like a political timed release thing.......
deejdave 1:23 PM - 16 September, 2016
Hopefully serato gets on board sooner rather than later. Always my preference. Would be amazing if they could get the scrolling waveforms as well but I'll take what I can get.
Versipellis 1:38 PM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Pioneer just posted out CDJ2000Nexus HID support coming soon for TRAKTOR. That be VDJ and Traktor!

Execeept we're still waiting on Serato to support it. HID mode protocol has been open since the NXS2 came out.
BRUSS 2:59 PM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Or you can take your spammy crusade back to the Pioneer forums instead of flooding Serato threads which don't even relate to what you're talking about just because they mention Pioneer.

+1
Serato, Support
Matt P 4:10 PM - 16 September, 2016
You'll see the CDJ2000nx2 support follow the DJM900nxs2 support.
deejdave 4:15 PM - 16 September, 2016
Yeah buddy!!!!
WarpNote 10:40 AM - 18 September, 2016
So glad to hear this. Thank you Serato, take your time and make the HID / Club Kit experience with nexus2 as smooth and solid as possible. Now that I know it's coming, I dont mind waiting a little! Great news indeed!
deejdave 5:44 PM - 18 September, 2016
Quote:
take your time and make the HID / Club Kit experience with nexus2 as smooth and solid as possible. Now that I know it's coming, I dont mind waiting a little!

EXACTLY my thoughts.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:37 PM - 18 September, 2016
So glad to hear this. Thank you Serato, take your time and make the HID / Club Kit experience with nexus2 as smooth and solid as Rekordbox Dj. Now that I know it's coming, I dont mind waiting a little! Great news indeed!

Fixed 😛
Karl W 2:53 AM - 28 September, 2016
I cant wait for this to happen! I paid for ClubKit.. used it for 3 months then the Nexus2 mixer replaced all the current mixers in clubs I work at. I havnt used Clubkit for a YEAR!?!

Come on guys!!!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:10 AM - 28 September, 2016
Nxs2 not even been out a year what you talking about?
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:12 AM - 11 October, 2016
It's coming soon, ie end of the year.

Does it take three months or that long to code for a device? Or this is all just strategy?
Trampedag 1:33 PM - 11 October, 2016
i think in the end of the year is far to relative and unaccurate..
an more accurate date would be nice..;o)

Really think that it is a shame that club Dj's (who has no control over what gear the clubs have) cannot use Serato right now - because of no support for the NXS2..

Can we please soon get a more detailed answer from you - Serato? :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:57 PM - 11 October, 2016
31st December 2016 is that better?
popnwave 3:40 PM - 11 October, 2016
The politics suck, but I'd put the pressure on PIO vs Serato.. but I doubt you'd get far with the abyss that is Pioneer's online presence.
deejdave 8:43 PM - 11 October, 2016
Quote:
31st December 2016 is that better?

LOL even IF this were to happen the Serato support will have come to my NXS2 gear faster than my original Nexus gear so.......................... yeah I can't complain too much :)

Serato does not give out exact dates (nor should they) and IMO this reassurance is/was a bonus.
DanielWlod 10:31 AM - 15 October, 2016
Hello colleagues
On the day I received this message from Serato:
"Thanks for contacting us. I have good news for you. We have been given the green light by Pioneer to be able to provide support for a range of NXS2. I can not give an exact date yet as there is some work programming / compatibility to do, but you can still expect to notice about this soon . Keep your eyes and ears on our social media channels updates. "
So I think that in the end we will see support NXS2;)
Regards
deejdave 3:30 PM - 16 October, 2016
Quote:

Indeed. Has been confirmed.
jaywoodz 6:01 AM - 26 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Is there a set date?
popnwave 5:11 PM - 26 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is there a set date?

EOY is all we've gotten.

I would assume we shall see a maint release of SDJ and the NX2 support with that.