Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Introducing: Serato Pyro

11:06 PM, 11 Feb 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Mike Czech 8:11 AM - 15 February, 2016
I Beta tested this and all worked great, but now on the 1.0 version Spotify won't log in. Any thoughts?
cafoo 7:16 PM - 15 February, 2016
does it work with "handmade" music from the 60s/70s
like latin, jazz, soul or rock? original breakbeat music with a certain "mistake" swing? let me check this
Asu 2:33 PM - 16 February, 2016
Loving this app especially in the gym,on drives and general listening...
Redi2roc 6:42 PM - 16 February, 2016
kinda cool! I can think of a few cool ways djs can use this as a test for mixtape etc!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 8:10 PM - 16 February, 2016
Hey Mike Czech!

If you beta tested the problem may be having 2 versions of the app on your phone, Spotify login doesn't know which one to log into so it fails.

Please make sure the beta is removed from your phone completely and let us know if that works.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 8:11 PM - 16 February, 2016
Hey Cafoo, it is designed to do a pretty good job with music like that. Obviously, you still need to be thoughtful of the right time to push next...

Let us know how it goes for you.
Mike Czech 9:38 PM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
Hey Mike Czech!

If you beta tested the problem may be having 2 versions of the app on your phone, Spotify login doesn't know which one to log into so it fails.

Please make sure the beta is removed from your phone completely and let us know if that works.

Thanks Phil-

I deleted and reinstalled the app, now it works fine, like it was in beta. Appreciate your help!
djdomination 4:42 AM - 17 February, 2016
when is this app coming for android or mac?
peter c 2:42 AM - 18 February, 2016
I just got the app but it wont let me log in to spotify... just keepssaying wrong username or password even though i put in the correct info... any suggestions
deejdave 3:38 AM - 18 February, 2016
Quote:
I just got the app but it wont let me log in to spotify... just keepssaying wrong username or password even though i put in the correct info... any suggestions

Log into Spotify first via actual Spotify app. And as long as you signed into Spotify for iOS it SHOULD allow you to just click "open in Pyro" which should have you sign in automatically :)
peter c 5:26 AM - 18 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Log into Spotify first via actual Spotify app. And as long as you signed into Spotify for iOS it SHOULD allow you to just click "open in Pyro" which should have you sign in automatically :)

Thanks for your input however still nothing,
i did a bunch of troubleshooting, updating etc.
im hoping serato can chime in on this
DJ Big T Silva 12:10 PM - 20 February, 2016
Compatible for Android when?
Fritzball1 4:42 AM - 29 February, 2016
When will serato Pyro be avalible on Android. As I think it should be multiplatform
MuGu 7:03 PM - 1 March, 2016
Hi,

Is pyro working with streaming devices like Chromecast Audio and Gramofon for Spotify??

I'll be totally using the app if it does!

Thanks
xtraordinaryjim 6:04 AM - 2 March, 2016
I downloaded Pyro on both my iPhone and iPad. Logged in with Spotify Premium. But I don't see any of my Spotify playlists. Upgraded Spotify APP to the latest version. Rebooted device. Logged out of Spotify in the Pyro App and logged back in, still nothing. Would love to start using this with my Spotify playlists. Thanks!
deejdave 2:21 PM - 2 March, 2016
I'm sure u tried this but just to be sure did u click where it says Spotify playlists after making sure it is looking at Spotify and not iTunes of course
xtraordinaryjim 10:23 PM - 2 March, 2016
@deejdave - Yup, tried that. Switched to my iTunes playlists, and see them. But switch back to Spotify, and don't see any playlists. Thanks for the thought.
deejdave 10:46 PM - 2 March, 2016
And sorry but have to ask you subscribe (as in pay $9.99 or more a month depending on plan) to Spotify Premium correct?
xtraordinaryjim 11:19 PM - 2 March, 2016
Yup, both my wife and I on a family Premium plan, so we pay $14.99 per month ($9.99 for mine and $5.00 or so for the wife).
deejdave 11:22 PM - 2 March, 2016
Do you happen to have Pacemaker for iOS? I am curious if this app would have issues with reading your Spotify info as well.
xtraordinaryjim 11:28 PM - 2 March, 2016
Actually had to look up what the "Pacemaker" app was as I'm not familiar with it. Sounds like it's some other kind of DJ'ing or sampling app? Don't use anything like that at all.
deejdave 12:09 AM - 3 March, 2016
Quote:
Actually had to look up what the "Pacemaker" app was as I'm not familiar with it. Sounds like it's some other kind of DJ'ing or sampling app? Don't use anything like that at all.

If you have any interest in Pyro then you would probably like Pacemaker as they are almost identical apps the only real difference is Pacemaker has more mixing options.
deejdave 12:10 AM - 3 March, 2016
No worries. Not trying to promote Pacemaker or anything just happen to know it access the Spotify info the same way Pyro does.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 12:21 AM - 3 March, 2016
Hey xtraordinaryjim,

If you leave the app open on the playlist tab for longer - ie 5 minutes - do the playlists show? If you have a lot of playlists and the network isn't fantastic it can take a little time sometimes.

Let me know if that doesn't work and we'll try sort this out.
deejdave 12:27 AM - 3 March, 2016
Quote:
Hey xtraordinaryjim,

If you leave the app open on the playlist tab for longer - ie 5 minutes - do the playlists show? If you have a lot of playlists and the network isn't fantastic it can take a little time sometimes.

Let me know if that doesn't work and we'll try sort this out.

Hey Phil. Out of curiosity when this does fix the problem does the user need to wait the 5 mins. (or so) every time or just initially when you first log in etc?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 12:34 AM - 3 March, 2016
No, my hypothesis is that it is an indexing thing. But there's a good chance I'm wrong ;)
xtraordinaryjim 1:01 AM - 3 March, 2016
Thanks so much for the feedback Phil. I thought the same thing, because when I first select the Spotify option, there's a faint "spinning wheel" that appears and disappears quickly. I did leave it up for sometime last night. Not sure if I waited as long as 5 minutes. Will give it another try now as I am connected to good wifi.
xtraordinaryjim 1:11 AM - 3 March, 2016
Had the app open and on the Spotify playlist screen since I posted the last message (about 10 minutes now). Still no playlists. Any other suggestions?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 1:33 AM - 3 March, 2016
Hmmm, were you part of any of our Beta versions?
Or do you have more than one version of Pyro on your device?
And does the same thing happen on both your iPhone and your iPad?

We've not had this issue reported before!
xtraordinaryjim 2:21 AM - 3 March, 2016
Was not a part of the beta (actually just found out about Pyro 24 hours ago). Have never had a previous version installed on my devices. And yes, the behavior is exactly the same on my iPad and iPhone. And since I just got home, I figured I would leave my iPad opened to the Spotify Playlists screen for a while (requisite 5 minutes) to see if it syncs. Still have nothing.
ElahMentalWords 3:09 AM - 3 March, 2016
Any chance of a release not exclusively Apple, or is Macintosh standard in the NWO? Either way, some folks that were able to try it out say its usable. I'll review it when I can personally review it.

When all users can use it I'd like to toss in some mild projects that used Pitch & Time and Flip. Hearing your own mini mixes on the go could be a solid idea maker. I get a mental block at the desktop periodically so I'm looking forward to it!

-MW-
MDubb
Dj-Abominable 3:15 AM - 3 March, 2016
Any time frame on a android app?
Serato
Gavin C 3:40 AM - 3 March, 2016
hey @deejdave... interested to know if you are seeing the playlists preloaded with artwork in the "Heat" tab next to the Spotify logo - in which case we know that Pyro is importing data to your device as a first step.
deejdave 3:42 AM - 3 March, 2016
Quote:
Was not a part of the beta (actually just found out about Pyro 24 hours ago). Have never had a previous version installed on my devices. And yes, the behavior is exactly the same on my iPad and iPhone. And since I just got home, I figured I would leave my iPad opened to the Spotify Playlists screen for a while (requisite 5 minutes) to see if it syncs. Still have nothing.

I was also wondering if you can search Spotify. As in does the search bar come up and if you enter something does it search Spotify? Just curios if it is JUST your playlists that are not being accessed or Spotify as a whole.
deejdave 3:44 AM - 3 March, 2016
Quote:
hey @deejdave... interested to know if you are seeing the playlists preloaded with artwork in the "Heat" tab next to the Spotify logo - in which case we know that Pyro is importing data to your device as a first step.

I am yes but this is probably a GREAT question for xtraordinaryjim as well.............
Serato
Gavin C 3:47 AM - 3 March, 2016
Ha - sorry...... late in the day Dave.... :/
@xtraordinaryjim can i confirm the above question on your device. Thanks.
Dj-Abominable 4:16 AM - 3 March, 2016
Are you guys thinking about adding a android app anytime in the future?
Serato
Gavin C 4:22 AM - 3 March, 2016
Hey @DJ-Abominable - its certainly on our radar and being discussed quite seriously - at present we need to see the success of release 1.0.
xtraordinaryjim 5:17 AM - 3 March, 2016
So I can see songs listed under Songs and Artists. Songs that I have added to "My Music" in Spotify do show up here. I can use the search feature, and see songs that are added to "My Music" in Spotify. But if the song only exists in a playlist, it does NOT showup in the search field. Hope this answers your question.
xtraordinaryjim 5:32 AM - 3 March, 2016
So it does seem like it's strictly related to the Playlists. I probably have about 38 playlists. And FWIW, I also have two folders that have additional playlists inside of them (kind of nested). Would love to know how these numbers compare to someone else who IS able to see their Playlists in the Spotify portion of the app.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 8:16 PM - 3 March, 2016
Hey xtraodinaryjim, I've got a real mess of playlists - probably about double what you have and they do show up pretty much straight away. So volume shouldn't be an issue for you.

It's really interesting that it happens on both your iPad and your iPhone, and yet your songs and artists do show up! It's almost like there's a flag saying don't show playlists... I just checked all the Spotify settings and I couldn't find anything that looked like it might relate.

One other thought, do you have any playlists that have thousands of songs in them?

Also, did you have any luck seeing your playlists in Pacemaker?

Thanks for your help here.
Serato
Gavin C 9:17 PM - 3 March, 2016
@xtraordinaryjim - yes something doesn't seem right here.
I have followed close to 100 playlists on my account - as many of those as I could find pushing over 1000 tracks in each for stress testing to see that our import process works. Each test mine incrementally imports the playlists one by one. You should see these counting up the tracks in each.

Secondly, with search the way we have implemented it, you don't actually search on your own library but the entire Spotify catalogue to gain results so everything available (in your region - account specific) should show. We'll come back to this.

I'm going to run some more tests on "hidden/private" playlists as a first point - hadn't caused us problems in the past but you never know. Just for clarity, these playlists - you have created them yourself or following other peoples/Spotify curated playlists or a mixture of the two?
deejdave 11:13 PM - 3 March, 2016
Out of curiosity (and forgive me if you specified but I missed it) but what exactly DOES happen after you click "Spotify playlists"? Do you see any activity? Does the green outline border appear etc?

Now when I say click playlists I do not only mean "playlists" at the bottom of the screen but the green "Spotify Playlists" itself at the top of the screen of course.
xtraordinaryjim 11:27 PM - 3 March, 2016
Thanks for the comments/suggestions. Here are my notes:

Pacemaker - Have not installed it.

Playlists - I have a mixture of some I follow, and some I created myself. I think the largest playlist I have has 834 songs.

When I click the green "Spotify Playlists" selection, I get the opaque thinking/spinning wheel that appears for a fraction of a second right under the search bar. It goes away, and the screen is just black.

One other note...when I first setup Pyro on my phone, I did see one Playlist shown in the list. It was the Spotify "Discover Weekly" playlist. But it was strange, it only showed like 13 or 15 songs on the playlist, while in the Spotify app that playlist actually had over 30 songs. Anyway, somewhere in the process of installing/uninstalling the Pyro app, even that playlist went away.

Lastly, I haven't heard anyone mention this. For those of you who have the Playlists displaying properly, do you have any playlist FOLDERS in your account? Folders in the view of playlists that contain other playlists? I remember this being touted as kind of a "hidden" feature of Spotify, and am not sure if it might be causing the issues.

Thanks again folks.
deejdave 11:30 PM - 3 March, 2016
I don't think I have any folders TBH. I will check later this evening to be sure. To explore this further may I ask if you have ALL your tracks/playlists within folders or do you have any playlists direct? If not why not try and make one real quick to see what happens?
Serato
Gavin C 12:26 AM - 4 March, 2016
jim - I have folders and what we do here is just strip out the playlists and display them as if the folders didn't exist in a single list.
Also all manor of following / make private / make public has not forced any playlists off my app. - i know this dosent help you at present but it leads me to this..

How are the speeds of your internet at the address you have installed Pyro?

The reason I say this is - Pyro will poll request for new data from Spotify every 5 mins to see if your library has changed. Now if the original import had not completed within 5mins and the next update request is sent it will cancel previous import so if your network is particularly slow at times or prone to drop outs - coupled with a large amounts of playlists we could be running into trouble here.

I apologise for your issues here...
xtraordinaryjim 1:08 AM - 4 March, 2016
Thanks for the apologies Gavin. I'm bummed because so far I've really liked what I've seen from the Pyro app. Just need to get this issue figured out.

At home (where I've been all day today), my internet speeds are 22 M download, and 6 M upload. At work (where I was most of the day yesterday), our speeds are even better. So I don't really think it's an internet speed issue.

@dave - Thanks for the additional feedback. Most of my Playlists are "direct" (not in folders). I only have two folders. One of the folders has 5 playlists contained inside of it, and the other folder has 11 playlists contained inside of it.

Based on what you all have said, it doesn't sound like there is anything unique about my Playlist structure or situation. And the fact that it's happening on two devices points to something larger (like the internet connection). But I don't think that's an issue either.

I have two different versions of IOS on my devices. My phone is 9.2.1 (pretty new). My iPad is considerably older, although still supported by Apple.

I can't think of any other factors on my devices, my Spotify account, or my environment that would impact this. Any other suggestions?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 2:32 AM - 4 March, 2016
Do any of your playlists have a crazy amount of songs? Like, more than 1000?
xtraordinaryjim 3:36 AM - 4 March, 2016
@Phil Nope, answered this earlier. Largest playlist has 831 songs.
xtraordinaryjim 6:03 AM - 5 March, 2016
Any other suggestions?!?!?!
deejdave 5:39 PM - 5 March, 2016
If a premium account was not needed I would suggest to create a new "test" spotify account with an e-mail address you do not use and see what happens. So weird. The simplicity of this app makes it difficult to troubleshoot IMO LOL. It's like well uhh close it and open it. If that doesn't work......................... close it and open it haha.

I wish I had more. Hopefully Phil or Gavin will. In the meantime would you be willing to post a screen shot of the playlist view (Spotify selected on bottom right and "Spotify Playlists" selected at top right. I have full confidence in your abilities and I mean no offense but I am just hoping against hope that something is being overlooked.
Serato
Gavin C 9:01 PM - 6 March, 2016
hey xtraordinaryjim - Ill PM you on here. We have some test accounts we use when developing - I'll load one of those up with a small number of playlists and we'll get you to log into that and see that they all come through... if no win there teh i think it may have to be a facetime session to watch your experience if you are willing...

Look out in your inbox shortly
deejdave 9:06 PM - 6 March, 2016
Quote:
We have some test accounts we use when developing - I'll load one of those up with a small number of playlists and we'll get you to log into that and see that they all come through.

Heh exactly what I was hoping you were going to say! LOL.
HarryLowey 3:03 PM - 7 March, 2016
Hi mates,

I cannot use the app since I have no music available after pressing the "+" button while I have spotify premium turned on. Can you help? I have an iphone 6S and do not use Itunes.

Have a nice day,

Thanks
deejdave 3:07 PM - 7 March, 2016
DO you have any playlists within Spotify? Also after you hit plus did you click bottom right where you select Spotify? Then select Spotify playlists at top left again this is if you have playlists. If not you should be able to swipe down (at the add music menu) and use the search feature.
Xycoon 5:39 PM - 7 March, 2016
Hey guys.
Just installed pyro.
Came here cause I seem to be unable to upload my playlists from Spotify premium.

I consider myself a fair user of this kinds of technology, but I see that I'm not the only one with this problem.
Like xtraordinaryjim and Harrylowey

I use a iPhone 6s Plus and an iPad Air 2 .. Both with the same problem

Any tips? Keep in mind all of the above I already tried
Thanks
HarryLowey 5:44 PM - 7 March, 2016
TY deejdave.
Yes I do have a couple of playlists indeed in Spotify. However I cannot "click bottom right to select Spotify"? Pyro is detecting no music (after taping "+"). Then it proposes to see 1.how to connect itunes or 2.to connect spotify. If I select "connect to spotify", I have a second page. Where I can click on "connect" with no effect. Other options on the top are : "display pace", "mix tracks" (translated from french).
deejdave 6:38 PM - 7 March, 2016
And you ARE logged into spotify on your mobile? Have you tried logging out and back in then attempting (after properly closing Pyro) again?

This is seemingly turning out to be a wider spread issue than originally thought huh?
xtraordinaryjim 6:48 PM - 7 March, 2016
Interesting. I'm currently working with Gavin on some additional troubleshooting. Hopefully we are able to get it figure out.

Out of curiosity, for the rest of you having issues, are any of you on a Spotify "Family" account? Just curious.
Serato
Gavin C 8:56 PM - 7 March, 2016
@Xycoon - do you see songs in the Songs and Artists tab, just not playlists? and I just echo XOJim's question wondering if you are on a Family Spotify plan or individual?

@HarryLowey - Can you run through the following steps for me ?

1. Go to settings screen in Pyro - if Pyro says you are logged into Spotify - click log out.
2. Double tap the home button - swipe to Pyro and throw the app upwards to kill app from view
3. Go to settings in iPhone / iPad menu, scroll down to Safari, click on Safari, on righthand panel click "Clear History and Website Data" - this will only clear from Safari so if you use google to browse everything else here will be unaffected.
4. Fire up Pyro - using settings screen or selector in bottom right hand corner log into Spotify using your log in credentials.
Serato
Gavin C 12:45 AM - 8 March, 2016
OK, so we worked out that XOJim's issue was he was following a playlist that was curated by Spotify - but the playlist never loaded - not on desktop, or mobile or eveidently inside Pyro, therefore blocking all other Playlists from being imported.
Deleting this playlist and resigning into Spotify within Pyro and everything turned up.

So @ Xycoon - if you look at your Spotify account via the desktop app and see any playlists you are following with the constant state of:

"Loading... By Spotify" (or "by anyone else" I would imagine)

If you delete these - (XOJim had to do so by the mobile app) then your Playlists should come through.
deejdave 12:56 AM - 8 March, 2016
Good to know.
xtraordinaryjim 1:20 AM - 8 March, 2016
Thanks so much again for the help Gavin. Glad that we were able to get it figured out, and I hope it helps other folks have a better experience with Pyro as well.
HarryLowey 8:27 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
And you ARE logged into spotify on your mobile? Have you tried logging out and back in then attempting (after properly closing Pyro) again?

This is seemingly turning out to be a wider spread issue than originally thought huh?

Tested already.
HarryLowey 8:27 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
Interesting. I'm currently working with Gavin on some additional troubleshooting. Hopefully we are able to get it figure out.

Out of curiosity, for the rest of you having issues, are any of you on a Spotify "Family" account? Just curious.

Just a classical premium account, thanks.
HarryLowey 10:13 AM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
@Xycoon - do you see songs in the Songs and Artists tab, just not playlists? and I just echo XOJim's question wondering if you are on a Family Spotify plan or individual?

@HarryLowey - Can you run through the following steps for me ?

1. Go to settings screen in Pyro - if Pyro says you are logged into Spotify - click log out.
2. Double tap the home button - swipe to Pyro and throw the app upwards to kill app from view
3. Go to settings in iPhone / iPad menu, scroll down to Safari, click on Safari, on righthand panel click "Clear History and Website Data" - this will only clear from Safari so if you use google to browse everything else here will be unaffected.
4. Fire up Pyro - using settings screen or selector in bottom right hand corner log into Spotify using your log in credentials.

Hi, I have deleted Safari and only use Chrome.
Is that problematic?
Thanks
Serato
Gavin C 9:20 PM - 8 March, 2016

Hi, I have deleted Safari and only use Chrome.
Is that problematic?
Thanks

I'll assume this is a jail broken phone to do so - but yes this will be a problem. Good news is that after initial log in you will not longer need safari again in Pyro (*unless you want to log out and sign in as another user) so free to do with your browsers as you see fit.

Ill put in a request that we investigate Pyro to look for other browsers if Safari not available
ElahMentalWords 1:43 PM - 16 March, 2016
**Insert cricket sample** there are a couple android and 'Soft users waiting to sample this bad boy.

We'll be cheering and dancing at the Gump bus stop 'til then.
deejdave 3:48 PM - 16 March, 2016
I heard serato saying they will support a droid the day serato remote does! Lol
Uncle Max 11:19 AM - 23 March, 2016
Hi Gavin,

many thanks for working out the "missing playlists issue" having myself the same app behaviour as described by XOJim. So I have checked my playlists accordingly on the desktop app.

There is no playlist which has the status "loading" anymore (to be precise, there was none). After this I dis- and reconnected Pyro to Spotify. Unfortunately I have still the same strange effect. Artists and songs can be displayed but none of my playlists. Searching public playlists works but still having no access to my personal playlists. It seems that for artists and songs the app can retrieve (loading icon is displayed for a second) but not for playlists (direct empty list without loading icon so that the app tries to retriev something).

Any additional thought what I can try?

BTW: Nice and convenient app which I like very much!

Best regards,
Max
Enjneer 1:29 AM - 31 March, 2016
Hey,

This app is a game-changer. Love it!

I wanted to know: if I've saved music to be "available offline" in Spotify, will Pyro play them from local memory, or will it still stream them from the internet?

Thanks for making the app of my dreams. I'm telling everyone I know about it.

Psst: you guys should watch the Pacemaker app very closely... It is direct competition, and it does some things that you might want to consider adding. Just sayin'. 😉
deejdave 1:46 AM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
I wanted to know: if I've saved music to be "available offline" in Spotify, will Pyro play them from local memory, or will it still stream them from the internet?

No offline support with Pyro.

Quote:
Psst: you guys should watch the Pacemaker app very closely... It is direct competition, and it does some things that you might want to consider adding. Just sayin'. 😉

Pacemaker is becoming more and more like a DJ app and Serato has been pretty straight on their intentions of separating Pyro from a full blown DJ app.
Enjneer 3:20 AM - 31 March, 2016
Thank you for your prompt response. I deeply respect your commitment to a vision for your app. When I loaded the Pacemaker app in iPad, i was shocked: it IS a DJ app... With not even the ability to save playlists; which is one of the biggest reasons I'm staying with Pyro.

What I guess I'd like to see is the Pyro algorithm trying longer, "braver" crossfades. Or perhaps the ability to allow Pyro to try longer fades.

Good luck!
Enjneer 3:22 AM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:

Is this a possibility for the future, or is it a limitation of the the way Spotify interacts with apps?
deejdave 9:50 PM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
With not even the ability to save playlists;

Correct but they do have a nice history feature which can be used in a similar manner but I agree a proper Save feature is superior IMO.
Quote:
Quote:

Is this a possibility for the future, or is it a limitation of the the way Spotify interacts with apps?

Supposedly there is a "sand boxing" limitation that exists (at least with iOS) that affects the way third party apps access Spotify. If I am not mistaken this would have to be taken up with Spotify first.
Enjneer 10:10 PM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Correct but they do have a nice history feature which can be used in a similar manner but I agree a proper Save feature is superior IMO.

On the iPad? Where do you access it? On iPhone, there's a full playlist save feature, but don't see this history on iPad

Quote:
Quote:

Supposedly there is a "sand boxing" limitation that exists (at least with iOS) that affects the way third party apps access Spotify. If I am not mistaken this would have to be taken up with Spotify first.

Alas, this is what I suspected. It's unfortunate. If your router pops, then no music. 😔
Enjneer 10:16 PM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I'm talking only about the iPad version of Pacemaker. The iPhone has playlist saves. Where do I find this "history" on iPad?
deejdave 10:31 PM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm talking only about the iPad version of Pacemaker. The iPhone has playlist saves. Where do I find this "history" on iPad?

As far as I know iPhone version only sorry.
Enjneer 10:32 PM - 31 March, 2016
No worries. Thanks. I'm sticking with Pyro! 😁
deejdave 11:02 PM - 31 March, 2016
SO am I. Use it ever day actually.
Enjneer 11:09 PM - 31 March, 2016
Me too. I'm addicted to the crossfade lol.
spacebrownie 11:11 PM - 31 March, 2016
Can we please get some love for DEEZER. Add Deezer support. Spotify isn't the only player out there. Thanks.
Serato
Gavin C 11:57 PM - 31 March, 2016
Hey Spacebrownie - we are looking at other music content providers for the future.
At present there is nothing firm but this certainly an app we will continue to develop new features and content for a long time yet so keep and eye out for the updates.
StevenDS001 7:36 PM - 11 April, 2016
Hi. Is streaming to a 'Spotify Connect' device supported by Pyro. I can't find this feature in the app. Or is there a way around? Thanks.
Serato
Gavin C 4:52 AM - 13 April, 2016
Not at present I'm afraid
- the reason being because we play two Spotify songs at the same time internally in the Pyro app and do the mixing there, where as Spotify connect works where the outputting connect device is the one downloading and playing the tracks and you are just controlling the outputting device from your phone as a remote.

This doesn't stop you connecting via bluetooth or via apple TV which is just an audio / video output so leaves you in control of Pyro on your device.
djdomohudson 12:24 AM - 11 May, 2016
I am running the latest version of Pyro on a 64GB 5th Gen iPod Touch, and find freezing a big issue in a few different instances, from simply menu hopping, playback and cross fading.

- While menu hopping sometimes accessing a new menu takes a long time, this could be down to indexing? Especially if I have playlists with a lot of songs? But sometimes the screen is completely unresponsive to touch (even the home screen) and after ten minutes you give up and force reset the device.

- Music playback. Sometimes a song will just stop half way through. Other times the app freezes and the song will play out to the end (and not cross fade to the next song).

I also wonder about some of Pyro's BPM detecting algorithms. I wanted to ask if Pyro is able to read metadata written to the music files by Serato DJ?

I use Serato DJ and have a handful of songs that even Serato's BPM algorithm didn't quite get and so I have spent time analysing certain tracks and putting the correct BPM tracking on it myself.

The reasoning behind this question was once my Pyro was mixing between two techno tracks, and the incoming track was played at basically double-time because Pyro had mistakenly thought its BPM was 74 (or so).

And can you explain why some songs will just fade out over a 1-beat-loop? - Thanks :)
Serato
Gavin C 2:15 AM - 12 May, 2016
Hey DJ DOMOHU - thats for your feedback here...

I think I know your issue -
We have fixed a bug in Pyro where if you had corrupt tracks - the same as you would see in DJ with the little lightening bolt next to them - then we continuously tried to analyse them, thus tying up resources analysing tracks that would not ever finish analysis. The sources of these would be your usual suspect file sharing sites etc
This fix is due very very soon, were just working through the Apple eco system of approvals etc for the next update.

The issue where you are seeing techno tracks at 74bpm (but really is should be around 120? I assume?) - yes we are aware of this on a small subset of tracks we try to analyse and are working hard trying to tweek our analysis engine to deal with this type of track - the engine picks up some more rhythmic bass line or snare pattern and thinks that is the beat grid we should apply - much less a problem in DJ as you can manually reset the beatgrids or mix by ear but is a problem in Pyro. This will come in further updates.

As for what determines a mix in Pyro - the general rule is we will pitch the incoming track up or down 10% to match the current tempo - anything higher than that we decided was too far a change to sound sensible so if you stick with 10% of the current playing track it should work.
There are a few other exclusions - super long intros with no discernible beatgrid for example but as keeping it +/-10% is your friend.

Anything outside of that will stick a repeating 1 bar loop out to next track.

My best advise here is load your queue with all the tracks you want to play and hit "Mix Up" - Pyro will order all the tracks in an order that will provide the most mixes for that current playlist...

We really appreciate your time to feedback - anything else hit us back and look out for that next update - ifeel it will solve a lot of your issues!
djdomohudson 2:33 AM - 12 May, 2016
Thanks for your reply Gavin. I am anticipating the next update so it is good to know it is coming soon. Pyro is a very enjoyable app when it is working nicely! - and a nice touch, I do like that "Mix Up" button very much.

The +/- 10% rule is a funny one especially when it throws in a 74 bpm track at near doublespeed to meet up with one at 128bpm.

Suspect file sharing sites...? Hmm that's not good. I normally purchase my music through iTunes or Beatport but have had lots of music handed to me from various sources and can't always be sure of their origin, and I reckon 99% of it gets downloaded off YouTube or from said sharing sites.

It is a bit of a shame that Pyro can't read metadata written to files by Serato DJ. Specific cue points could really help Pyro choose where to start a song from in a mix, as well as revised BPM's.

Thanks again for your reply. I look forward to what more Pyro will bring us in the near future.
displayname750 3:18 PM - 29 May, 2016
Hi i'd like to verify if Serato Pyro has the ability to stream spotify offline? I have a spotify premium and I saw some articles on Safari stating that Serato Pyro has offline capabilities. I tried to do it but to no avail
deejdave 3:35 PM - 29 May, 2016
No offline capabilities. Even if you select songs that you have stored locally on your iOS device it will actually stream the track instead of playing local file. This is why you were not able to do it and why you actually did not see this being said unless it was by a misinformed user. You may have seen that it is something Serato would like to look into in the future.
Serato
Gavin C 9:13 PM - 29 May, 2016
Yes sadly Spotify does not allow this for their partners at the moment. Everyone here thinks it would be a killer feature so hopefully at some point this will be opened up to us.
djdomohudson 9:34 PM - 29 May, 2016
I would like to report back since the update, Pyro as a whole is operating a lot smoother, so thank you Gavin C
Serato
Gavin C 10:26 PM - 29 May, 2016
Thank you DJ DoMoHu - Yup weve been beavering away to try to make certain aspect smoother. More to come also so keep an eye out for further updates !
Dj-Scout 11:33 AM - 1 June, 2016
Loving this for listening to new tracks while I'm driving. However, will we be able to stream from Google Play Music? I can only afford one streaming service and Googles family feature is superior to Spotify.

Thanks
deejdave 10:28 PM - 1 June, 2016
Quote:
Googles family feature is superior to Spotify.

Please elaborate. Google Play music is actually one of the few streaming services I don't subscribe to and TBH it is because I have heard nothing great about it so very curious as to what makes it better in your opinion.
deejdave 10:30 PM - 1 June, 2016
And FTR I firmly believe Serato should get MUCH more friendly with Spotify (as in with SDJ as well) ASAP because they are on fire lately. They just announced their partnership with Dubset which will offer hosting for DJ mixes and remixes, they just announced they will be offering video which will all be music culture related AND they just reduced their pricing on family plans......................
tstsmak1 11:53 PM - 7 June, 2016
Is there a way to play my Spotify offline content?
Serato
Gavin C 12:02 AM - 8 June, 2016
Hey tstsmak1 - unfortunately not at the moment.
We would love Spotify to open this up for us but at present none of their partners have this ability.
tstsmak1 12:07 AM - 8 June, 2016
Thank you for the quick response. It would definitely be nice to use offline. I'll be waiting patiently for an update (kinda lol)
deejdave 12:50 AM - 8 June, 2016
Quote:
Hey tstsmak1 - unfortunately not at the moment.
We would love Spotify to open this up for us but at present none of their partners have this ability.

Damn Sandboxing!!
PhilMillward 9:15 AM - 14 June, 2016
What a great app, I don't have time these days to sit an mix track but this allows me to make great quick compilations, only suggestions would be if you could set the options of how long the mixes could be, so they are not as fast. Apart from that I love it, best one out there!!
Serato
Gavin C 11:10 PM - 16 June, 2016
Hey Phil, Thank you for your positive responses. Yes we wholeheartedly agree, we are investigating more varied types of mixes depending on the songs that fall next to each other - its a super complex problem to solve as all songs (thankfully) are so different but we have the best brains in the business looking to how this can be done better.
Keep everything updated and you'll see updates as soon as we can for Pyro!
djdomination 11:50 PM - 19 June, 2016
when is pyro gonna be available for android?
deejdave 3:26 AM - 20 June, 2016
Remote is Apple only.
Remote Mini is Apple only.
Mix Emergency is Apple Only. serato.com
Pyro is Apple Only.
A few elements of Serato Video (Syphon support and Quartz Compositions) are Apple Only.

Not gonna lie my Windows machines won't be running Serato anytime soon :)
djdomohudson 9:45 PM - 7 July, 2016
Had some trouble with Pyro again for the last week or so with it just stopping. Stopping as in, the app shuts down and goes back to the home screen. When I launch the app again it goes through Pyro loading screen and resumes back at the play screen.
Are we having issues with the most recent build?

Problem:
Track 1 plays to about 30% way through and just stops. Problem repeats.

Attempts to resolve:
-Play track 1 and skip quickly to track 2. Pyro thinks about it for a little bit, but eventually mixes into 2, plays to about half way through and just stops.
-Play track 1 and navigate to about half way through the song and allow to continue playing. Pyro sometimes will stop before we reach the end of the track. Sometimes it will successfully mix to track 2 before stopping. Sometimes track 1 just ends, then there is a silence before track 2 starts (fails to mix) and then Pyro stops as described above.
-Close the app, restart device, launch app. Problem continues.

My next step is going to be to uninstall the app and start afresh, but this is no good. It was previously working perfectly. It was getting to about half way through a playlist of about 250 songs. Now it can't handle 2 songs.

All of my above music is iTunes music, not Spotify (as I do not have premium Spotify account - nor do I choose to get one).

Also the app still has some crazy lag when trying to navigate through menus and options. Its like the app has frozen for a minute.

Pyro 1.2.4
iPod Touch 5th Gen 64GB
iOS 9.3.2
7449 songs on device
5GB free space
deejdave 9:55 PM - 7 July, 2016
Quote:
Had some trouble with Pyro again for the last week or so with it just stopping. Stopping as in, the app shuts down and goes back to the home screen. When I launch the app again it goes through Pyro loading screen and resumes back at the play screen.
Are we having issues with the most recent build?

Sometimes have a problem when I try to open it shuts off straight away but after re-opening app just once it all works again. Seems to happen when I let Pyro sit idle then try to use it again.
Eoingrffn 8:17 AM - 17 July, 2016
Just experienced this app for the first time. When will I be able to download it on android. Awesome app
Henri.be 9:35 AM - 24 July, 2016
I just download your app for testing because I search an app for mixing music for my wedding in October.
I'm really very Impressed. Congratulations !
Your app is very simple and intuitive. The result is very good.
Thanks for your work. Please continue in this direction !
Regards,
Henri
Serato
Gavin C 11:15 PM - 25 July, 2016
Thanks Henri!!!

We tried hard to make it simple and an app you can allow it to do its thing, yet still easily controllable by the user.

Look out for the next update coming your way soon!
ramster212 3:18 AM - 6 August, 2016
The app is simply amazing. I'm pretty sure there is no other app like this anywhere. I think the app would be more successful if it has better promotion in countries where Spotify is available. I found no problem with the app, the transitions were smooth 98% of the time and it's probably better than most DJs. I'm just bummed out that it's not there for android. I applaud serato, great job guys !
DJ CFLY 10:04 AM - 25 August, 2016
I installed the app but it crashes on my Ipod 128Gb! Tried to install/reinstall but always the same. It crashes after 1 or 2 songs every time...any help would be appreciated here. Rgds christophe DJ CLFY
deejdave 1:19 PM - 25 August, 2016
Local library (iTunes) or Spotify when it crashes?
DJ El. F. Gringo 3:48 AM - 5 November, 2016
Hey there, playing a lot with Pyro an lovin it! A couple of questions.

1. I have a lot of files in WAV or ALAC. When I add them to a Pyro playlist are they retained in the original high-def or does Pyro convert them? If it converts them, what foramt/bitrate does it use?

2. Some track overlap mixes are much shorter than others, is this due to the compatibility of the tracks? Are there any tips on what makes tracks more compatible? E.g. how many BPM should the tracks be within?

3. I'm often trying out track combinations to see what works well. Would be great to be able to swipe down from the top to get the last couple of tracks back again to try out a different one after it.

Thanks,
DJ elfgringo
Serato
Gavin C 1:25 AM - 7 November, 2016
Hi DJ Elfgringo,

Glad youre enjoying Pyro we've been stoked with the reaction to it, why would you use an ordinary music player again ?

To answer your questions:

1. WAV or ALAC:
We don't actually convert anything - Pyro will just analyse and then play what Apple Music or Spotify delivers to us - so what ever BR your Apple Music/iTunes states will be what Pyro will play at.
The only difference in BR that is changeable in Pyro is a request to Spotify to deliver to us at a lower BR to reduce data usage if a Pyro user wants that, again - we receive at X BR any analyse and play.

2. BPM:
The parameters here are - Two tracks BPMs must be with 10% of each other to perform a beatmix, if both tracks are above 100BPM you will get a 16 beat mix, if below 100BPM you will get a 8 beat mix and a mixture of the two (above and below 100 bpm), an 8 beat mix.

The best recommendation here is to load your play queue and hit the "Mix Up" button from the menu bar - its will assess all the BPMs in your play queue and order according to the most mixes for all, have a play and you can hit it as many times as you like until you get an order you are happy with.

3. Swipe down from the top to get the last couple of tracks:
Yes good idea, this is available in the menu bar, if you swipe down on your play queue and hit the history button, (top left icon) history will show you all the tracks you have ever played in Pyro.
Click once on any of the tracks in history and they will be added to the play queue.
Then if you hard swipe right on those tracks they get sent to the top of the queue to play next or you can drag directly onto the play deck to mix instantly.

Hope thats of some help !
DJ El. F. Gringo 12:28 AM - 8 November, 2016
Great, thanks for the reply Gavin.

On the history, yes that works but when you add it back it goes on the bottom of the mix so you have to move it up, and then rearrange. Would be nicer to just pull them back down in the order they played out. But not a biggie.

So then on the 16beats of overlap, any chance you will deliver more than that? how about 32/64 beats?

cheers,
DJ elfgringo
Serato
Gavin C 2:52 AM - 8 November, 2016
Hey DJ Elfgringo,
We did play with all sorts of beat configs but decided for the moment these two sounded best. Its something we may revisit in the future.
Piyush 8:22 AM - 8 November, 2016
On an iPad mini when searching a song on Spotify I cannot select to play it (add it to fire?). What's wrong? Help.
The_Badman 12:04 PM - 29 November, 2016
Hi,

I have just downloaded the Pyro app and am loving the concept but am having 2 issues.

1) Spotify has synced but it will not sync any new playlists I have created. I see them in Spotify on my Mac and Phone but not in Pyro. Is there a way to force a new sync?

2) The Apple Watch app does not seem to work at all for me. It loads the first time and shows the songs and upcoming list, but once I click any button it freezes and doesn't change anything on the phone. I have reinstalled the app on my phone and watch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
Rockalot 8:19 PM - 14 December, 2016
I was using Pyro on my iPad for a while and all was good but after the latest OS update Pyro now shows me a screen that says "Pyro Found No Playable Music In You Library". Pyro offers to show me how to connect it to iTunes or login to Spotify. The instructions at "seratopyro.com do not help. I do not connect to iCloud.

Pyro 1.3.0
iPad Mini4 128GB
iOS 10.1.1
13,345 songs on device
5.74GB free space
dan0ne 1:18 PM - 3 February, 2017
Best APP ever! I use it on all my Partys to start it up.
It will be awesome to get Spotify Offline Support!
Here in Germany we are very limited in Mobile data volume. (With only 2GB)
Hope Serato get the permission from spotify in future to use this function!

Everything work fine on my new iPhone 7

Best Regards
artistIQ 10:10 PM - 17 March, 2017
It would be great if you could set a song play back time period, like play a song for only 1 minute before mixing into the next. Or even have some variable times that could be randomized.
Serato
Gavin C 9:00 PM - 19 March, 2017
Agree artistIQ! That would be a rad feature. Its been talked about on having different mix lengths.
For the moment the next button means you can choose when you want the mix to take place so you can get there if you like the involvement. Nice feature suggestion!
artistIQ 3:06 AM - 20 March, 2017
Quote:
Agree artistIQ! That would be a rad feature. Its been talked about on having different mix lengths.
For the moment the next button means you can choose when you want the mix to take place so you can get there if you like the involvement. Nice feature suggestion!

Thanks for the prompt reply @Gavin C. That is great need to hear that the time feature has already been considered.

In the meantime, I have found Pyro to be a great new way to listen to music and have it connect to Spotify w no issues. I've been very impressed with song recommendations, the transitions and mixes, both in type and the timing. Keep up the good work.
Audiojoker 8:44 PM - 2 May, 2017
For some reason my app will not work unless I'm on wifi. This started about 3 weeks ago. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I have even tried reinstalling the app and nothing. It asks me to login. I do it and it spins for awhile and then it says it timed out. There is no settings tab on the app. My iPhone settings for Pyro only show to buttons and tried them. Anyone have any ideas? I really liked using this in my car.
C Face 2:17 AM - 6 May, 2017
Quote:
For some reason my app will not work unless I'm on wifi. This started about 3 weeks ago. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I have even tried reinstalling the app and nothing. It asks me to login. I do it and it spins for awhile and then it says it timed out. There is no settings tab on the app. My iPhone settings for Pyro only show to buttons and tried them. Anyone have any ideas? I really liked using this in my car.

It's doing the same thing to me. I can't login into Spotify and I've done the same things also to try and fix the problem.
GNW 7:40 AM - 6 May, 2017
When can we see a release on the android platform?
esimmens 6:27 PM - 9 May, 2017
I love Pyro's intelligent cross fading -- really fantastic job-- but I was wondering, does Pyro compress or normalize the audio? I tried recording the output of the app (once using Quicktime to export an uncompressed PCM file and another time with Airserver and Soundflower routing a lossless stream to Logic) -- both times it looked like Pyro was essentially bricking most songs (applying tons of compression). I compared Pyro's output with the output of Djay and the iPhone's built in Music app, which both showed a normal dynamic range in all songs (so I know the compression wasn't due to the way I was recording in Quicktime or Airplay).

If Pyro is compressing (or normalizing) the songs, will it be possible to turn it off? Loudness is great for dance music...but I don't want to compress jazz songs with a large dynamic range, etc.
Serato
Gavin C 10:32 PM - 10 May, 2017
Hi Audiojoker & C Face,
This is an interesting problem.. and strange as there is certainly no mechanism inside Pyro that would differentiate or cease playback according to the source of your internet connection, we get a signal or we dont.
There were early development snags we came up against with switching between WIFI and mobile data (walking out of your house onto 4G etc) but this is all controlled by the Apple operating system, we set a mechanism to more frequently ping if we are not receiving any internet connection if the app is live.
We have a large user base at Serato HQ all using Pyro daily, we have tested logging in using just Spotify username and also the facebook log in but cant get any issues.

Can I double check the basics, that your Spotify accounts are still a premium account and your data on your mobile is not expired.
Serato
Gavin C 10:40 PM - 10 May, 2017
Hey GNW,
Its been something thats been asked for a few times and it would be great to open it to more platforms, at present it is not on our immediate roadmap though.
Serato
Gavin C 10:47 PM - 10 May, 2017
esimmens, thanks for your contact.
Yes we do apply some equalisation to tracks, simply because when mixing the tracks it sounded weak after a mix had finished if the incoming track was quieter than the track just played - it felt like it had reduced in energy without the equalisation.
We really wanted to reduce the amount of settings on the settings screen as we wanted an experience that just let the user fill with music and hit play, but I will absolutely put forward your idea to have this as a setting option, there are definitely use cases to have the option which you are highlighting.
KRudds 4:50 PM - 19 May, 2017
Pyro is not accepting my Spotify login info. It's timing out. Tried reinstalling the app and restarting the phone, but the results are the same.
KRudds 6:44 PM - 4 June, 2017
I found the app will work on wifi, however it will not work on the mobile network. Any remedy for this?
salvadorpineda 6:21 PM - 5 June, 2017
I'm also experiencing an issue with the app (version 1.3.0) not allowing me to connect to Spotify unless I'm on wi-fi. I'm getting the message, "Login failed. Login has timed out. Please try again."
Serato
Gavin C 11:33 PM - 5 June, 2017
Can I confirm you guys have mobile data switched on for Pyro - this may have been disturbed in certain other app updates?

Settings > Mobile Data

Scroll down to *Use Mobile data for:* and make sure Pyro has the switch on right switched on.

If you double click on home button - kill the app by swiping upwards and then re-opening the app whilst you are on mobile data do you remain unable to download tracks on Pyro.

and one final question - do you feel this happens when you are using Pyro on wifi and then walk out of wifi range and onto mobile data?

Thanks G
salvadorpineda 1:48 AM - 6 June, 2017
Hey, Gavin.

Yes, I have mobile data switched on in settings. The app won't connect to Spotify at all when I attempt to login using mobile data. It only works when I connect to wi-fi. Then, once I disconnect from wi-fi, the music stops and Spotify doesn't reconnect using mobile data.
deejdave 2:37 AM - 6 June, 2017
You guys have tried logging out of Spotify (on Spotify itself as well as all compatible apps like Djay 2, Djay Pro, Pyro & Pacemaker) then logging back in correct? This worked for me one time I had an issue connecting via Pyro. This only worked when done while on mobile not while using Wi-Fi but again it was only once and it may have been a coincidence for all I know.
KRudds 5:14 PM - 6 June, 2017
All my setting are set for Pyro to use the mobile data and the results are the same. I will deejdave idea in a sec.
KRudds 5:30 PM - 6 June, 2017
I tried logging into the DJay 2 using my spotify login, yet the results are the same there as well. It's timing out as well. I can log into Spotify on my phone and listen to music, however when I attempt to log into Spotify using Pyro, it still times out
Dj Diamond Lee 3:47 PM - 14 June, 2017
Android or PC?
KRudds 3:52 PM - 14 June, 2017
iPhone
KRudds 9:48 PM - 14 June, 2017
Any other suggestion about how to get the app to work on Mobile data?
deejdave 9:59 PM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
I tried logging into the DJay 2 using my spotify login, yet the results are the same there as well. It's timing out as well. I can log into Spotify on my phone and listen to music, however when I attempt to log into Spotify using Pyro, it still times out

So it is timing out with Djay as well as Pyro?
KRudds 5:08 PM - 16 June, 2017
Yes. It's the same for both.
Serato
Gavin C 11:18 PM - 19 July, 2017
Hey KRudds, (and others experiencing this problem),

Is your carrier T-Mobile USA per chance?
salvadorpineda 1:05 AM - 20 July, 2017
Gavin, I have T-Mobile and continue to experience this issue. Are suggestions would be appreciated.
Serato
Gavin C 2:07 AM - 20 July, 2017
Hey Salvadorpineda, we are just going through the motions to try to understand if this could be a limitation on the "unlimited spotify" plans offered by T-Mobile (its a hunch at the moment). They may not recognise our app as a Spotify integration, along with other apps that integrate with Spotify.
Were not too sure yet but if everyone comes back and say they are T-Mob customers then we have something to go on.
KRudds 8:42 PM - 20 July, 2017
Yes. I do have T Moblie as a service.
deejdave 11:24 PM - 20 July, 2017
I used to have T-Mobile YEARS ago (something like 12 years ago) and I just could not believe how bad it was. Looks like one more reason I am happy I switched to Verizon. Nice find though.
Jfsmusic 11:20 PM - 21 July, 2017
I have an Apple Music playlist that has 84 songs on it. When I go to play it through Pyro it only loads 41 of the songs. Any idea why? Thanks!
Serato
Gavin C 10:28 PM - 23 July, 2017
Hey Jfsmusic,
It could be because the songs are DRM (digital rights management) applied against them from Apple. Apple do not open these type of files up to other apps and keep them in their own eco system. We decided best not to display tracks we couldnt play so if we identified a track to unplayable or damaged - like the lightening strike indication in Serato DJ, but here we remove the visibility of them within Pyro.
deejdave 1:35 AM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
Hey Jfsmusic,
It could be because the songs are DRM (digital rights management) applied against them from Apple. Apple do not open these type of files up to other apps and keep them in their own eco system. We decided best not to display tracks we couldnt play so if we identified a track to unplayable or damaged - like the lightening strike indication in Serato DJ, but here we remove the visibility of them within Pyro.

Makes sense as a lot of the music selection is done via the app.
Monkey51 10:40 PM - 29 July, 2017
Hi , I have an IPOD 2nd generation but your software is not compatible with my version of ios ,
Do not want to buy a new ipod just to use this software which i need for a birthday party in a month . Just feels like itunes dont care about older ipods .
Thanks
deejdave 2:56 AM - 30 July, 2017
It is Apple who chooses not to support legacy hardware/OS but in a honesty an IPod would not be able to use this anyway. Only iPod Touch, iPhone & iPad.
PhilMillward 10:37 AM - 7 August, 2017
Big fan of this app, been using it for a while absolutely solid, one request would be to be able do quickly arrange songs by BPM. I normally start of with some slower disco tracks then progress into more dance stuff it just takes a while to drag them all into the order I want.
KRudds 8:00 PM - 7 August, 2017
Will y'all be able to work out the T Mobile issue with the app? I like making up mixes while on the go and using it on wifi is cool. But not good if you're going for a run or Something.
deejdave 11:42 PM - 7 August, 2017
I think the correct question here is will t-mobile be able to work out the issue with their network. Keep in mind they have their prices for a reason. I'm sure there is something in the contract regarding this and the unlimited data plans. As mentioned above it is not just pyro that is being affected thus there is nothing serato can do on their end.
lifa 5:00 PM - 11 August, 2017
Hay guys.
Any plans to add a mono-split feature to the app, to make pre-fade listening available?
deejdave 9:05 PM - 11 August, 2017
Out of curiosity what would be the point of that. You don't even have control of the mix to begin with. This is a total autopilot app lacking even the most basic mixing capabilities. Are you using this app to actually dj?
lifa 2:14 PM - 14 August, 2017
Quote:
Out of curiosity what would be the point of that. You don't even have control of the mix to begin with. This is a total autopilot app lacking even the most basic mixing capabilities. Are you using this app to actually dj?

I do DJ sometimes using this app on home parties. This function would be useful, when I'm not very familiar with material. I'd use PFL to be sure if it's actual track, that I want to put on next
Serato
Gavin C 10:25 PM - 16 August, 2017
Hi Pyro users, we have raised an issue with T-Mobile under what is happening with Pyro and our hunch that it may be excluded from its unlimited data scheme even though the data is being requested from Spotify....
We have been directed to the team that deal with data partnerships but are really struggling to get any traction.

For anyone that would also like to add weight to this we suggest also getting in contact with T-Mobile and raising a customer ticket explaining you are using Spotify data but because you are using Serato Pyro overlay its is excluded from the free spotify data. As we know with companies the size of T-mobile it may take a number of tickets before it gains traction.

Thats for your input and support guys.
arejay 2:58 PM - 19 September, 2017
Are you guys planning on updating the Pyro app with Apple's MusicKit so we can mix our Apple Music playlist?
Serato
Gavin C 10:09 PM - 19 September, 2017
Quote:
Are you guys planning on updating the Pyro app with Apple's MusicKit so we can mix our Apple Music playlist?

Hi arejay.... we had been asking but at the time there was no such access to the apple api to apply a layer over the top of their streaming services, they are interested in providing this though as they have been asking companies for what would be required from them to allow this service to be rolled out... We'll have to see if we can work with them in future on that
arejay 2:01 PM - 20 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Hi arejay.... we had been asking but at the time there was no such access to the apple api to apply a layer over the top of their streaming services, they are interested in providing this though as they have been asking companies for what would be required from them to allow this service to be rolled out... We'll have to see if we can work with them in future on that

Isn’t this API supposed to let you do that?
developer.apple.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 12:59 AM - 25 September, 2017
Unfortunately the API doesn't allow us deep enough access to the audio for Pyro use.

The API is mainly for basic playback use for third party apps, so is fit for the vast majority of intended use cases.

We're keeping a close eye on this - but for now, it's not possible.
ko_ko 9:33 PM - 26 September, 2017
Is there any way to export a playlist you've made with the pyro app?
Serato
Gavin C 9:48 PM - 26 September, 2017
Hi Ko_Ko, for iTunes tracks unfortunately not at the moment.

But with Spotify integration if you favorite tracks by hitting the heart icon on the player window whilst those tracks are playing a playlist is automatically created in your Spotify playlist section as "Pyro Favorites".
ko_ko 9:53 PM - 26 September, 2017
Quote:
Hi Ko_Ko, for iTunes tracks unfortunately not at the moment.

But with Spotify integration if you favorite tracks by hitting the heart icon on the player window whilst those tracks are playing a playlist is automatically created in your Spotify playlist section as "Pyro Favorites".

Thanks for the quick response, Gavin! I was more referring to exporting the playlist as a whole with the transitions btwn songs included. Is there a way to save that?
Serato
Gavin C 10:22 PM - 26 September, 2017
Ahhh I see, so you want to record the mix you are doing in Pyro to playback again later.

1. You can save the playlist you have created by hitting the save button in the top menu and anything in the queue including the track on the player will be saved as a playlist in the Pyro Playlist tab.
You can then just load and play that same playlist again anytime in Pyro next time you want to hear it. Its a good option as you might want to hear the same songs in a different order next time by hitting the mix up button.

2. If its a Pyro session you have already played before and liked the selection of tracks and the mix you can go into the history tab and hit save on any of those parties to create a playlist again... again you will be able to reload this playlist into Pyro for playback at a later date.

3. If you want it as a single audio file recording of your mix you can use Quicktime,
Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC via the lightning cable. Open QuickTime player. Click File then select 'New Audio Recording' A recording window will appear. Click the Record button. Press play on your idevice. You will not hear the sound, but the levels show the input and you can save that audio file to play back later.

Hope I've got what you were trying to ask Ko_Ko
RJDMKV 11:09 AM - 22 October, 2017
Dear Serato Team,

I love the app, in fact I’d gladly pay for it - that said, I need to find a way to use it offline as I am trying to use it in a place without internet connection, it doesn’t seem to fetch the spotify offline playlist I created as everytime I put the ipad in airplane mode all spotify songs are greyed out, with iTunes on the other hand it seems to load the downloaded music but it will say on all songs that the file is corrupt... on both iOS device actually, does it have to do anything with iOS 11? I also tried to download the app for mac and it doesn’t support high sierra yet...
deejdave 2:39 PM - 22 October, 2017
It has to do with the fact that spotify does not allow the use of offline files. This applies to pyro, djay pro, pacemaker, and any other dj/Music app that includes Spotify support. Furthermore this will not be changed or even looked at until spotify changes their license policy/s. Lastly this also applies to alternate solutions as there is currently not one single mobile dj app that does allow the use of offline file support via third party streaming solutions. Best bet would be the streaming platform itself (Pulselocker, spotify, deezer, etc) being used for playback, figuring out how to stream at this venue (I just did this for an entire weekend camping so it is not by any means hard to figure out) and lastly the best solution of all continuing to maintain a physical (digital) library which does not depend on outside variables. Keep in mind you do not actually own any of this music and a simple business decision or outage of any kind can take everything away.
deejdave 2:41 PM - 22 October, 2017
As far as iTunes files showing corrupt is this iTunes music you purchased or is this Apple Music library. Also do you physically have the music downloaded on this particular device/s or are you speaking of iCloud etc?
RJDMKV 8:21 PM - 22 October, 2017
Hi Deejdave, thanks a lot for your reply! I understand the spotify issue, as far as iTunes goes it would be the apple music library, and while all songs are downloaded onto the device I am now guessing it has the same reason as spotify - however in this case they now even no longer play when the device is online... any hints on how this can be fixed? Thanks a lot for your adsistance, I am new to all of these membership based library and actually only digned up to use them for this purpose, bur your answer explains it very well...
deejdave 10:14 PM - 22 October, 2017
Pyro is not compatible with Apple Music which is why it is not working. As I understand the songs are able to be displayed (to some extent) but as you said are not playable. Serato Pyro is only working with Spotify and local files physically in your iTunes library currently.
Serato
Gavin C 8:46 PM - 23 October, 2017
Hey RJDMKV,

Deejdave is right unfortunately no-one has managed to get offline downloaded files into a streaming contract with Spotify... heres to hoping one day!

And same with Apple music - only support available at the moment is local audio files on your device.

Glad you like the app and thats for taking time to feedback!
Magmeers 12:18 AM - 6 November, 2017
I️ have iTunes with tons of songs but when I️ pull up the seranto app, it only lists a few of my songs??
Magmeers 12:19 AM - 6 November, 2017
It won’t let me write the letter I
deejdave 12:19 AM - 6 November, 2017
Are these songs ALL downloaded (physically) to the device itself?
Magmeers 12:40 AM - 6 November, 2017
I️ thought they were but maybe not??
discothreat 1:27 AM - 22 December, 2017
Quote:
Hey RJDMKV,

Deejdave is right unfortunately no-one has managed to get offline downloaded files into a streaming contract with Spotify... heres to hoping one day!

And same with Apple music - only support available at the moment is local audio files on your device.

Glad you like the app and thats for taking time to feedback!

Hey Gavin, any update here with Apple Music? Any update for the app or iPhone X support anytime soon?
Serato
Gavin C 1:47 AM - 22 December, 2017
Not as yet disco threat - we hope so at some point though.
What issue are you seeing on iPhone X.
We are aware users cannot utilise that nice wrap around feature they do on the iPhone X screen - but doesn't take away from the use of the app as you can still see the full player and playlist, are you seeing something else?
discothreat 1:57 AM - 22 December, 2017
No issues with performance. App is still pretty solid on iPhone X. Occasionally crashes with Spotify songs. App restart usually fixes. Just would be nice to use full screen. 😎 Hope to see an update soon as it’s my main music player these days. Incredible how useful and accurate it can be with spotify’s library!
mrgrande16 12:03 AM - 9 March, 2018
I downloaded the App and i noticed that the lows are distorted. I tested on multiple devices and i for some reason the Lows are way too high and i get distortion. i am using spotify and music sounds fine with the native spotify app. Any tips or ideas to fix it?
KRudds 11:41 PM - 4 April, 2018
Could Serato contact T-Mobile to allow Pyro to be used on Mobile Data? I would love to use Pyro at the gym when I'm running.
Typhoon1944 12:07 PM - 25 April, 2018
Over 2 years down the line and still no Android app? I may be missing something as only scanned the comments, but each comment asking when it will be available seems to be ignored by Serato. Any news on when you will be releasing the app on Android devices?
greenyellowdawn 3:21 AM - 20 May, 2018
like typhoon1944 noted, two years on and there is no android version of this app..... why? Seems to be the only free app on the market that does what I want without any complication, however if there is no progress with this situation by serato, just wondering if anyone knows of a free music app or DSP plugins for the foobar app? I don't care for spotify, I have about 5000 flac tracks on my phones miniSD card. I'm wanting to have proper transision mixes like a radio station. I don't care for beat matching. I'm just wanting to have proper radio station cross fades between my Abba / Wham / Bryan Adams / Phil Collins / Loverboy / Journey / Elton John / Sheena Easton and etc tracks. I like the simple song title view of Serato, I don't want all these turntable graphics, knobs, switchboards, and mixing panels that make other apps appear rather complicated.
deejdave 11:12 PM - 20 May, 2018
Pyro and Pacemaker are my Go-To for these because of Spotify but these are both iOS only. There is an alternative app called Splyce which in some ways is superior to Pyro and Pacemaker but if I am being honest the areas where it counts it falls short. Obviously these auto-DJ type apps are generally mostly used for streaming and Splyce only offered Pulselocker support up until recently.

Out of curiosity is there no default media player for Android that offers smooth fade in/out between songs? I know Android as a whole is very lacking in terms of music/dj apps but this seems a bit hard to believe.

Perhaps it may be time to shell out a dollar or two if the free apps won't suffice. I mean is it not worth it?

Lastly if Splyce does not work I know Djay (algoriddim) will but it has the GUI you are trying to avoid. If I am being honest though even if it MAY appear more detailed (difficult) than Splyce at first glance trust when in autoplay mode within Djay (which is what you are looking for) things are MUCH easier to navigate/adjust than with Splyce.
NickLashock 4:23 PM - 6 July, 2018
Is there a limit as to how many songs the mix-up button shuffles? I have a very large playlist of live music that I like to import into Pyro and I noticed when I hit mix up that only about half of the songs get shuffled.
Tripper J 7:38 PM - 29 August, 2018
Is it possible to repeat the playlist? I don't want it picking other music if all my playlist songs get played.
goaescort 9:38 AM - 30 August, 2018
The points of interest of your site are phenomenal and exceptional perform. Thanks for giving ongoing reports in regards to the worry, I anticipate reading more.
www.chennai-escorts.co.in
DJ El. F. Gringo 11:27 PM - 23 November, 2018
I've just gone from iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11 to iPhone XS Max with iOS 12.1 and now Pyro can't see any music in the "Music" app on my iPhone. I get the message "Pyro found no playable music in your library".

I'm not doing anything different than before, just using iTunes on Mac to synch tracks in Playlists that are MP3, WAV or ALAC onto my iPhone. These tracks have been downloaded from various places (non DRM) or ripped from CD's. The Music app on iPhone can see the tracks and play them fine, but not Pyro.

Is anyone else having same issues with iOS 12.1 and/or latest iPhones?
DJ El. F. Gringo 7:52 AM - 25 November, 2018
So trying to troubleshoot, I upgraded Mac to Mojave OS and latest iTunes v12.9.0.164, deleted all music from my iPhone, resynced again, but still no good!

I can't be the only person for whom Pyro is now completely useless on the latest iPhone?
pizza.15 12:59 AM - 8 December, 2018
@DJ EI. F. Gringo same problem over here. I've got an iPhone 8 Plus and wanted to use Pyro with my own music in my music app, no interest in using the spotify. Its also saying that Pyro found no playable music in your library. I've followed the steps: Disable iCloud Music Library on your iOS device; close and restart iTunes; Connect your iOS device and initiate iTunes syncing. Nothing. My music plays fine through the music app as well, culmination of mp3, wav/aiff files. Can't imagine what the problem could be. Someone please helpppp
Djoey 11:35 AM - 9 December, 2018
Hello,
Same problem as Pizza. 15 report: Iphone 8 plus with Ios 12.1. Problem seems to be an authorization problem. When you install Pyro, he should ask for authorisation to have access to your music library, but he doesn't. I've tried with an ipad on old IOS release, and there, i have the authorization window and t's working well.

Note that Pyro is not showed in the settings of ios 12.1 - well in my old ios (10.3.3) -, then we can't manually authorize the apps.

Please Serato, react on this...
Thanks,
Kind regards
JVenta 8:53 PM - 19 January, 2019
Serato, please make Pyro compatible with newer iOS versions. There is no way to switch off ‘icloud music library’ on newer iOS versions as stated in your help guide. You might as well just update the guide and say it is not compatible. Is there any way around this? This was an app I used on a daily basis. Thank you.
discothreat 4:05 PM - 4 February, 2019
Quote:
Not as yet disco threat - we hope so at some point though.
What issue are you seeing on iPhone X.
We are aware users cannot utilise that nice wrap around feature they do on the iPhone X screen - but doesn't take away from the use of the app as you can still see the full player and playlist, are you seeing something else?

Hello Gavin! checking in to see if there are any updates at all in the works for Pyro? Literally use it everyday and love it. Please don't let this app die!
technohead 9:59 PM - 5 March, 2019
Any updates. The problem is that the app is not compatible with IOS 12.1 and later versions. Really love this app and hoping to continue using it.
Winoldi 9:40 AM - 25 March, 2019
Same problem here: on iphone 8s everything was great. with new iphone x, Pyro doesnt recognize same library/playlists. Workarounds given do not solve anything. Stuck at '.. no playable music..' screen. I love this app, hope you solve this glitch
birdieman 9:45 PM - 10 April, 2019
Okay I have not used Pyro for quite awhile now and today it doesn’t work as it said Pyro found no playable library. Did all the necessary things except in iOS 12 we can’t find any download music...as it was explained in the FAQ page. I even delete the App and reinstall.

Reading this post I guess they never really update the app to work with iOS 12. Too bad.
DrRobF 9:32 PM - 12 April, 2019
Well I have been trying for several days to get this to work. I feel stupid since it took me this long to finally read to the bottom of this forum. Ugh. I really wish they would either update the app or put a disclaimer in the App Store
deejdave 4:28 AM - 13 April, 2019
Feel for ya guys. After all the issues with iTunes/Serato in the past (and just knowing iTunes to be the crap SW it is from day one) I have never used it with very rare exception of when I need it to purchase an iTunes exclusive track............... at which time I quickly remove said file from iTunes and move it to a more reliable option (aka my library). This has saved me from quite a few headaches throughout the years with Serato itself and has only proven to be the best recourse here as well. I have used with Spotify only since day one and because of this the app remains just as effective. Probably a late lesson but the less variables added to the equation the more predictable the results will be. My advice............ move away from iTunes. Even IF they fix this issue it will only come up again at a later date when they (either Serato or Apple) change their practices/policies or procedures.................. one thing we know about history is it tends to repeat itself :)
Kniffel 11:48 AM - 4 May, 2019
Having the same issue. It is an authorization issue: the request for access to Music and Media does not come up.

Funny enough I have multiple devices all on the newest IOS (iPhone XS, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, iPhone 7, and iPad Pro. It works on all devices but the iPad Pro 11, which had already IOS 12.1 when delivered. Even the iPhone XS works (delivered with 12.0).

Would be great to see a fix soon...
DJ Alegre 7:13 PM - 5 November, 2019
Serato pyro will not open on my iPad, everything was fine before, does pyro work with the latest Mac update. It attempts to open then goes back to desktop, please help.
Res-Q 2:56 PM - 21 May, 2020
lol bots talking to each other