DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Should I keep my DJ name

J-Lektro 7:36 AM - 9 February, 2016
Hello, just some thoughts on if I should keep my DJ name. My current name is "J-Lektro", I made it when I was 13, I'm 22 now. The only thing that's keeping me from changing it is because I have Google results that literally go back that far on blogs/ discogs/ etc and if I changed my name all those past results would be gone, and, I'd have the trouble of changing everything. I hate that it's close to Jay Electronica's name, I didn't know who he was until a few years back but it sounds somewhat different I guess.

My genre is mainly house music but I'm probably going to branch into other styles of electronic as well.
nathans1 4:07 PM - 9 February, 2016
Keep it. Focus your time on more important shit.
DTweed 4:07 PM - 9 February, 2016
That's your name if you like it, keep it. If your worried about Jay Electronica that should be your motivation to make your name bigger than his. I changed my DJ name twice in my career. The first one was DJ Mayday when i was a teen and that's cause i made a mixtape that I released in May. The other name was DJ Blendz cause i came out of retirement and needed a name... luckily I settled on a name DJ D-Tweed that has true meaning to me and I'll never change it.

If your name means something Keep It
Dj Mike P. 4:52 PM - 9 February, 2016
Keep it, sounds dope too!