Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ 1.8.1 is no Bueno with Video DJing.

Niro 3:42 AM - 9 February, 2016
I have recently been getting really bad frame rates with SDJ 1.8.1 with Mix Emergency. I'm not sure why it's all of a sudden doing it, since it was working alright before. The current situation is to go back to SDJ 1.7.8 before SDJ started using the GPU to help with the graphics. Only issue is it was also before they lifted the Internal audio limiter.

Hoping one of the Mods can confirm if things are in the works to resolve this issue.

Running a top End 2014 MBP Retina 2.4gh, 16g ram, 2g Vram, 1T SSD, on the last available version of Mavericks.

Thanks
DJ Tecniq 6:34 AM - 9 February, 2016
Where are you getting the videos from? I have seen video edits with very slow frame rates. It may just be the files? Try some diff ones out.
DJ Tecniq 6:38 AM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
Running a top End 2014 MBP Retina 2.4gh, 16g ram, 2g Vram, 1T SSD, on the last available version of Mavericks.

Thanks
Also if you don't mind me asking how did you get a 1 tb in your 2014 MacBook? Mine only has a 512 flash storage? Didn't think it was possible to fit a 1tb in. Thanks cause I would like a 1tb in my Mac I have a Mid 2014 MBP.
popnwave 7:42 PM - 9 February, 2016
Hrmz, my old Mid 2012 is still chugging along just fine w/ MixEmergency and 1080p stuff from the major pools.

Might be time for a clean slate or possibly fluke hardware failure of some sort. How is your temperature looking during your sets? Is it choppy from the start or does it start at some point later?
Niro 5:41 AM - 10 February, 2016
I edit a majority of my own videos and I also edit for some video pools. I'm sure the problem is not the content, it's the way the new SDJ is handling the graphics. The purpose was to help smooth out graphics by utilizing the GPU, problem is, it's also finicky and works great on some and not on others.

I usually get a new top-end Macbook Pro every year. I believe the 1T SSD have been available for awhile now.

I work closely with ME and it's definitely the way SDJ 1.8.1 is handling the graphics. My frame rates with 1.7.8 is averaging 60fps, with 1.8.1 I'm averaging 20-30fps. It's better if I turn my previews down to lowest.
popnwave 5:45 PM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:
I edit a majority of my own videos and I also edit for some video pools. I'm sure the problem is not the content, it's the way the new SDJ is handling the graphics. The purpose was to help smooth out graphics by utilizing the GPU, problem is, it's also finicky and works great on some and not on others.

I usually get a new top-end Macbook Pro every year. I believe the 1T SSD have been available for awhile now.

I work closely with ME and it's definitely the way SDJ 1.8.1 is handling the graphics. My frame rates with 1.7.8 is averaging 60fps, with 1.8.1 I'm averaging 20-30fps. It's better if I turn my previews down to lowest.

Gotcha, the "I have recently been getting really bad frame rates with SDJ 1.8.1 with Mix Emergency." comment to start made me think 1.8.1 had been working OK but has since gotten bad. They have been tweaking that waveform display in each of the 1.8.x releases it seems and ME is so efficient SDJ really must be mucking something up.

Although I run 1.8.1 with no issues, I couldn't stand how any of the key shifting sounded on my videos so I haven't bothered with any of the new features.
Dj Blee 10:59 PM - 13 February, 2016
1.8.1 and ME work really bad together on my MBP as well. Works perfectly in 1.8.0.