Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato FX Preset Save/Recall between sessions

DJ Quartz 11:40 AM - 29 January, 2016
You should be able to set your parameters and have them recalled between sessions of all Serato FX.
Mike Czech 6:17 PM - 29 January, 2016
+1

I primarily use mixers with no FX parameter knobs, so I set the wet/dry somewhere near 50% (where it sounds good per FX), and just trigger it on/off using either Dicers or the mixer when needed. Having to re-set the wet/dry at the beginning of each session is frustrating. SSL kept your settings saved from the previous session, and it's time to bring this back to SDJ.

I don't understand what the point of removing this feature is anyway. For controller users, the parameter knobs just override any saved settings as soon as the hardware connects. This only feels like a lack of understanding towards non-controller users workflows.
Marv Incredible 6:42 PM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
SSL kept your settings saved from the previous session, and it's time to bring this back to SDJ

+1 to that!
Mr Wilks 10:49 AM - 5 February, 2016
+100 definitely!
DJ Quartz 12:20 PM - 2 March, 2016
Bump
Mr Wilks 2:46 PM - 2 March, 2016
And in Serato Video too.
djenzyme 4:48 PM - 2 March, 2016
+1 effects settings should definitely be recalled!
DJ Frank Stallone 6:04 PM - 3 March, 2016
+1 this is an easy fix and a no-brainer
DJ Remix Detroit 3:16 AM - 7 March, 2016
+1
Riko Roos 2:36 PM - 8 March, 2016
+1 even for controllers. Soft takeover is due!
Knockz 7:06 PM - 18 August, 2016
+1

Annoying to have to setup my fx settings every time.
revdok 8:52 PM - 21 February, 2017
+1
Lemon 7:01 AM - 14 May, 2017
+1
Chino 7:48 PM - 28 June, 2018
+1
TheProfessa 6:33 PM - 29 November, 2018
+100000
cotdagoo 4:55 PM - 4 December, 2018
I'd be willing to put money on the coders being unable to bring useful features like this to their software after years and years..

[sarcasm]
please dedicate as much resources to streaming low bitrate songs from 3rd party providers, and as little time and effort as you can into actual features.. [/sarcasm]

+1, but it's a no brainer.. and would take so little time to implement..
TheProfessa 4:45 PM - 7 December, 2018
Quote:
I'd be willing to put money on the coders being unable to bring useful features like this to their software after years and years..

[sarcasm]
please dedicate as much resources to streaming low bitrate songs from 3rd party providers, and as little time and effort as you can into actual features.. [/sarcasm]

+1, but it's a no brainer.. and would take so little time to implement..

I can understand the sarcasm, and I agree. This is a very simple fix for the software. It already saves other settings and so there is obviously a place to save customized settings. And it already saves the types of effects we have selected. And in the code its initializing the FX settings to some set levels of 0 and so its really just a matter of storing the parameters with the FX types selected and re-reading them instead of using 0s to initialize.
Mr Wilks 3:10 PM - 8 December, 2018
You know you can save and recall FX into two slots? When you open up for a new session, just recall one of your two favourites you saved.

I thought people was using this feature already?
TheProfessa 9:56 PM - 8 December, 2018
it keeps the FX, but the depth levels are always reset to 0 if we are talking about the same thing. So each time I load, I have to reset the depth level.
Mr Wilks 10:37 PM - 8 December, 2018
Aaah... I see.

I knew what this was for as I had posted above but I seem to have had a brain fart and saw the word "sessions" being sets.

Damn haha.
DJ Quartz 9:20 PM - 8 January, 2019
Shoot I posted this three years ago already?
SiRocket 4:50 AM - 27 November, 2019
unreal in 2019 almost 2020.... seriously? fix this crap....