Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DECKS 1 & 4 OPTION as MAIN DECKS

938MyDJ 4:49 PM - 26 January, 2016
I am not sure if Serato is considering to add this feature...
(If there's an ongoing Feature Request please feel free to provide the link so I can add my +1)

Main concern for me on this one is the Video Output if I want to use DVS Turntables on my Controllers and/or Mixers that only has TT option on decks 1 & 4.

Thanks
938MyDJ 9:56 PM - 27 January, 2016
Bump!
938MyDJ 9:57 PM - 27 January, 2016
I want to hear from Serato folks of course...
Alixx J 5:49 PM - 29 January, 2016
Totally agree on this one! I bought club kit for my venue's DJM900, but couldn't run videos with the 1200s, straight back to SSL and my SL3... GUTTED
938MyDJ 7:47 PM - 29 January, 2016
It's sad that I bought SDJ License for my mixer and still have to use an SL4 to play my videos when using turntables... so, so, sad!

Aside from DJM850 & 900NXS, controllers like SX2 and SZ only has Phono Option on CHANNELS 1 & 4.

I don't think it's NOT a big thing to ask. The PRIORITY might be the ISSUE :(
With lots of controllers/mixers that were recently released, I am guessing support for those would be top for Serato.

Am I right, folks?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:18 AM - 30 January, 2016
You would some one in the office would have said the same thing since they test out the gear and software, lmmfao!!

This is either greed or a serious fail.........
938MyDJ 8:02 PM - 1 February, 2016
Any word on this... Serato Team?
reif99 11:20 AM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
It's sad that I bought SDJ License for my mixer and still have to use an SL4 to play my videos when using turntables... so, so, sad!

Aside from DJM850 & 900NXS, controllers like SX2 and SZ only has Phono Option on CHANNELS 1 & 4.

I don't think it's NOT a big thing to ask. The PRIORITY might be the ISSUE :(
With lots of controllers/mixers that were recently released, I am guessing support for those would be top for Serato.

Am I right, folks?

Definately, I use club kit with a DJM900nexus and its really confusing using it with 2x CDJ's and 2x Turntables. Because the phono inputs are 1 and 4 on the mixer, when you go into a club with both CDJ's and Turntables the Turntables or CDJ's are always setup as the following

Turntable - CDJ - DJM900 - CDJ - Turntable

or

CDJ - Turntable - DJM900 - Turntable - CDJ

You can never make SDJ mirror the physical setup as it shows decks 1 and 2 up top and 3 & 4 down below.
kbscholar 6:31 PM - 2 February, 2016
reif99, are you trying to use all 4 channels at once during your set? If so, are you trying to get Serato DJ to display all four channels at the same time?

If you have the following setup: Turntable - CDJ - DJM900 - CDJ - Turntable, go into Setup and select Channels 2 & 3 to be the primary channels.

You can then press "~" on your keyboard to switch from the Primary decks (2 & 3) to the Secondary decks (1 &4) while in 2-deck display mode. You can also select a single deck, and only switch that one to the primary deck by hitting the "1" next to the "2" or the "4" next to the "3".

"You can never make SDJ mirror the physical setup as it shows decks 1 and 2 up top and 3 & 4 down below."
I get what you are saying in regards to how all 4 decks are displayed at once. I have asked that question to the Serato DJ guys, and they told me that there is nothing available as of yet, but it is something they are working on for the future.
938MyDJ 7:55 PM - 2 February, 2016
Although I believe that this is NOT a FEATURE that needs to be asked for, I still posted it here:
serato.com

I'm just saying, I paid for my Serato Video and SDJ Tool-Kit for FULL PRICE.
Why should I buy the DVS pack if Video won't come out on decks 1 & 4 on my DJM850?

NO, I am not buying phono-pre-amp just for this... I would rather use my SL4.
But isn't that too dumb for people who already bought the SDJ license?
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:06 AM - 3 February, 2016
Hi 938MyDJ,

We are aware of this and the limitations of the DJM900nxs and 850. Since they weren't designed for Serato DJ this was and still is a limitation of the hardware.
However, many people have requested this to be remedied.

I don't have any other information other than that at the moment, but trust we will be trying to find a way to fix it.

Regards,
Marv Incredible 4:37 AM - 3 February, 2016
That's great news.
reif99 11:53 AM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
reif99, are you trying to use all 4 channels at once during your set? If so, are you trying to get Serato DJ to display all four channels at the same time?

If you have the following setup: Turntable - CDJ - DJM900 - CDJ - Turntable, go into Setup and select Channels 2 & 3 to be the primary channels.

You can then press "~" on your keyboard to switch from the Primary decks (2 & 3) to the Secondary decks (1 &4) while in 2-deck display mode. You can also select a single deck, and only switch that one to the primary deck by hitting the "1" next to the "2" or the "4" next to the "3".

"You can never make SDJ mirror the physical setup as it shows decks 1 and 2 up top and 3 & 4 down below."
I get what you are saying in regards to how all 4 decks are displayed at once. I have asked that question to the Serato DJ guys, and they told me that there is nothing available as of yet, but it is something they are working on for the future.

Yeah using 4 decks (2x TT 2x CDJ's) or using 3 decks
I tripped over this video regarding the Rane SL 4, doing DJ changeovers in Scratch Live. It shows Scratch Live having a drop down list above the deck allowing you to choose which channel is routed to each deck. Having that option in Serato DJ would solve my problem!

youtu.be
938MyDJ 2:24 AM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Hi 938MyDJ,

We are aware of this and the limitations of the DJM900nxs and 850. Since they weren't designed for Serato DJ this was and still is a limitation of the hardware.
However, many people have requested this to be remedied.

I don't have any other information other than that at the moment, but trust we will be trying to find a way to fix it.

Regards,

Nice to hear from you, Matt!
Thanks for giving us the hope that this will be remedied on a future update.
Marine 5:59 AM - 17 February, 2016
+1 needs to happen asap
DJ Fabio LaJu 11:36 AM - 25 February, 2016
+1