Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

question for NS7II owners - fan (almost) always on

austinpike 9:25 PM - 13 January, 2016
I'm hoping someone here who has the NS7II can answer a pretty simple question.

I recently purchased a refurbished NS7II. One thing I have noticed - the cooling fan spins up as soon as one of the platters is activated, before the unit has even warmed up in the slightest. (and shuts off some time after the platters are stopped.) From what little I've found online it seems that the fan should only need to come on if the unit is getting fairly warm.

What I would really appreciate is if someone could simply turn theirs on from a cold boot, start a platter, and verify that the fan turns on as soon as the platter spins up.

I'm trying to figure out if this is "normal" or if the unit should be returned or serviced. I've contacted Numark but no one seems to really grasp the question, other than "yes the fan will come on when the unit heats up." I'm mainly using this in a home/studio environment, and the fan is quite loud. So I would rather it be off when it isn't needed.
austinpike 4:07 AM - 14 January, 2016
To follow up and answer my own question... I took a look at the demo unit at guitar center - it works the same way. Platter spinning = fan on. If you turn the platter motor feature off the fan does not spin up.