DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

oh my god!!!

mightyjunebugg 5:24 AM - 26 May, 2006
Wow, I've been saving $$$ for months and the moment finally arrived! Last week I was blissfully happy when i received my new MacBook Pro in the mail, but today I feel like my dreams have come true. I just got home from Guitar Center (thanks dj Needles), where i purchased Serato! Moments ago, i installed it and the 1.5 upgrade and now I'm about to try and figure out what the hell I'm doing. I just had to share the moment with you all because I'm sure you have felt this joy yourselves.

If you have any advice, let me know....otherwise, its time to play!!!

Peace Out Cub Scouts,
Junebugg
DJLorrence 5:27 AM - 26 May, 2006
june, you shop at the sherman oaks store?
DJLorrence 5:28 AM - 26 May, 2006
turn it loud and bass your neighboors to deaf.
mightyjunebugg 5:31 AM - 26 May, 2006
Quote:
june, you shop at the sherman oaks store?

yep...and it took me 2 hours to drive there from Long Beach in traffic!!!!! The ride home was much quicker.
DJLorrence 5:48 AM - 26 May, 2006
hey, how long you been shopping there? man, needles is tight, but TRIM in tha man for deals there. he is a cool mufaka. maybe you got it good with needles, thats chill, ya know?
mightyjunebugg 5:56 AM - 26 May, 2006
I was a judge at the Spin Off there a couple of years, so Needles takes care of me...

my other homie there is Tony the Tiger, but needles is usually always very hospitable...
Duran7609 7:56 AM - 26 May, 2006
rock! let me know how its goin! =)
DJ Unique 8:11 AM - 26 May, 2006
Sherman Oaks from Long Beach, that's far.
There is a store in Cerritos, Brea, Covina, Fountain Valley, Hollywood and South Bay.
All of them closer than Sherman Oaks.
www.guitarcenter.com

I've gone to other locations other than Sherman Oaks and have had success with price reductions. Sometimes DJ Needles does not budge on prices....well at least with me.

I've also been able to get good price reductions at Cosmos in Hollywood, Six Star DJ in Los Angeles and agiprodj.com.
punosion 3:05 PM - 26 May, 2006
The Guitar Center in Sherman Oaks is very nice...used to go through a guy at that store who posted on the FutureProducers board. Got me M3D's shipped 3-day for something like $410 IIRC, Whitelabels for $90 or so when they were first released. Also got me the last PMC-250 that existed in their inventory. Not huge discounts, but good guys down there...they got shit done and had it out right quick.
punosion 3:05 PM - 26 May, 2006
BTW, 'grats with the purchase...welcome to the cool-kid club!
mightyjunebugg 3:16 PM - 26 May, 2006
Quote:

YAY, I'm finally cool!!!! hee hee
punosion 3:29 PM - 26 May, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

YAY, I'm finally cool!!!! hee hee

You might have been cool before, but now you're cooler than those FS owners... ;)
hologram 12:01 PM - 28 May, 2006
Quote:
I was a judge at the Spin Off there a couple of years, so Needles takes care of me...

my other homie there is Tony the Tiger, but needles is usually always very hospitable...

Is that the same tony the tiger who raps and use to dance on soul train?
romerom 6:33 PM - 30 May, 2006
is that the same tony tigah that lives in norwalk,ca? :)
mightyjunebugg 6:52 PM - 30 May, 2006
No, the rapping Tony the Tiger lives in Long Beach...or at least he did as of like two years ago (I havent talked to him in a while).

Come to think of it...maybe I'm the only one who calls him Tony the Tiger..hee hee, maybe his name is just Tony. I always be giving corny nic names.
Dj K.Smith 7:54 PM - 30 May, 2006
June, what happened at the gig boo?
djransom 7:55 PM - 30 May, 2006
Congrats on the pick up. Off this board on to Serato, get get. LOL!!!
mightyjunebugg 8:55 PM - 30 May, 2006
The gig didnt happen. I didn't discover that serato doesnt read itunes downloads and was converting them until 10:30 that night. The party was from 8 to 12, it wasnt worth it to go so late.

=(

But since tehn, playing with serato has been very fun in my living room.

Ransom: i dont understand?

BUgg E. Fresh