Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ - RZ Question....

E0910 9:46 PM - 29 November, 2015
I currently have the DDJ - SX (the first version) and I am debating between getting the SZ or the new RZ. I know the RZ uses Rekordbox DJ software, but I was wondering if the RZ is compatible with Serato DJ or not? Does anybody know? Thanks!
TelosHedge 10:39 PM - 29 November, 2015
From what i have gathered the RZ is rekordbox only. The SZ is compatible with both SDJ and RBDJ. the advantage of the RZ is for a few buttons specific to rekordbox. If you are curious about VDJ or Traktor i think both units are equally compatible.

My guess is the SZ will soon be discontinued if pioneer and serato are actually battling behind closed doors. i'd go with the SZ for compatibility purposes, but as we have all learned from the DJM-900, none of this is set in stone!
Ragman 2:00 AM - 1 December, 2015
What about FX on the SZ and RZ. Are they post fade fx or pre fade fx. Thanks...
deejdave 3:50 AM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
but as we have all learned from the DJM-900, none of this is set in stone!

Biggest DJ Gear ASS smacking ever!!
TelosHedge 4:07 AM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
Biggest DJ Gear ASS smacking ever!!

You know how i feel about this, dave! :)

Quote:
What about FX on the SZ and RZ. Are they post fade fx or pre fade fx. Thanks...

I have no experience with the RZ, but the SZ runs most of its effects pre fader. I believe the echo on the color fx side is post fader per channel, but not post cross fader.

Not to beat a dead horse further, but scroll up and click my youtube link, before pioneer sees it and fixes my discovery.
TelosHedge 4:09 AM - 1 December, 2015
whoops, i didnt post it in this thread...

Watchwww.youtube.com

enjoy.