Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

serato dj 1.7.8 El Capitan

SteGx 7:05 PM - 28 November, 2015
Hello.

Does Serato Dj 1.7.8 runs normally in El Capital ?
I don't want to use the latest serato dj cause my mac is "core 2 duo 2.53" and don't feet the specs.

Thank you.
deejdave 9:23 PM - 28 November, 2015
It will be hit or miss with a machine that old. Best bet iso to try for yourself. Hopefully it works out well for you but NO 1.7.8 does not officially support El Capitan.
SteGx 5:57 PM - 29 November, 2015
You have a point ! But why should i stay to Yosemite cause of Serato ? I Think I'm not the only one with an old machine ! Its better the Serato team to make a build for 1.7.8 for El Capitan for those with old machines ! Serato 1.8.0 does not anymore supported for machines like mine ! So the good idea is to make 1.7.8 for El Capitan ! Im still on mavericks with no issues on 1.7.8.
1.8.0 it runs but with a lot of graphic "lag" ! Also serato team fix an issue with the loop on 1.8.0 so it's good idea to fix it for the 1.7.8 ! And finally we don't want the latest futures of 1.8.0 to put them in 1.7.8, just a support to El Capitan !

Im waiting for an official answer before i update my mac to another OS !

Thanks.
deejdave 7:35 PM - 29 November, 2015
You literally can not make a new build and call it the same thing this is the whole point of it. For all we know dropping support for such old hardware was the only way to have a stable El Capitan support.

Bottom line though we both know Serato will not be revisiting an older SDJ version .............. add things ............. just to call it the same version.
SteGx 12:34 AM - 30 November, 2015
And what about for another version of 1.8.0 for old machines ? Come on now, apple makes an Operating system (El Capitan) for these old machines !!! We speak for a program now !!
deejdave 2:20 AM - 30 November, 2015
It is a tough one here. I was in the same situation myself but TBH I have five other MBP's so seeing one lose support was bound to happen. All my other MBP's are i7's and TBH after seeing the difference in performance between the Core2Duo's and the i7's I never used them for SDJ again anyways.

In short I feel for you but in all honesty I'd rather see team Serato spend time on optimizing SDJ for current laptops instead. What is so important about El Capitan that has you needing it anyways out of curiosity. My oldest MBP is now a 2012 and I still would NEVER update the OS to the current for obvious reasons.
SteGx 9:30 PM - 30 November, 2015
Understand .. It's not something really important to go up,just only some things like sync with my iPhone (Notes Cloud) but i don't really care. Anyway i don't want to go far, just waiting and hope Serato Team to make another version in the future for those with old laptops and i want also an answer about that from a Serato Moderating Team ! It's good to know all !
Stay on 1.7.8 or wait for an update ?

Thanks again ! Peace !
DJ CYPHALINK 1:51 AM - 1 December, 2015
I'm having issues with el capitan and serato dj the sounds comes and go then my cdj disconnects on its own i thought they said it was compatible
DJ CYPHALINK 1:52 AM - 1 December, 2015
i want to switch back to yosemite how can i do that
DJ LIL M 4:17 AM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
I'm having issues with el capitan and serato dj the sounds comes and go then my cdj disconnects on its own i thought they said it was compatible

happening to me on vci 380. Crossfader signal goes out on one side platters laggin.
Joe Fresh 5:40 AM - 1 December, 2015
Serato DJ 1.8.0 is compatible with OS X El Capitan 10.11.1.
However, many of the hardware drivers are not yet compatible.
Wait for updated drivers from Pioneer, Rane, Numark, etc. before upgrading to El Capitan.

For more info, read the Hardware Support section of this article:
support.serato.com