DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Beatport list of 20 AMERICAN LABELS THAT CHANGED DANCE MUSIC???

DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:52 PM - 24 November, 2015
news.beatport.com

I am just surprised how many Detroit Based labels made that list BUT although I grew up on "Real" House Music - I find it amazing that they picked Trax out of Chicago as #1 before heavyweights like OM, Strictly Rhythm, old school Prelude and Casablanca or even Dancemania (Ghetto House - the ORIGINAL Twerk and TRAP!!!)

Thoughts?
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:54 PM - 24 November, 2015
my thoughts are when these lists come out that i already know there bullshit and rarely read them
SeriousCyrus 4:36 AM - 25 November, 2015
I know these losts are bullshit and i'm not a fan of beatport, but i like quite a few of those.

However, i know it says American labels, but as a britisher, this list does not reflect labels that changed dance music. Off the top of my head, Warp, Ninja Tune, Factory, Metalheadz, V-Recordings, Wild Bunch, XL recordings, Industry, Kickin, Shut up & Dance, have all been hugely influential, if not created entire genres.

Then there's european labels... Germany, italy, france
REDSELECTER 4:03 PM - 25 November, 2015
Of course this is the source of endless disagreement, but really... what about:

DJ International
Guidance
Big Beat
Sleeping Bag
Cutting
Nervous
Warlock
Vendetta
Idlers
Gee Street
Fresh
MPC O.G. 5:10 PM - 25 November, 2015
DANCE and HOUSE are NOT the same thing.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:36 PM - 25 November, 2015
Quote:
DANCE and HOUSE are NOT the same thing.

So explain Trax being number one???

That list Redselector posted above = TRUTH!
Dj international
Cutting
Nervous
Sleeping bag
Warlock

Shit - I want to include PROFILE but that was Rap
Detroitbootybass 2:25 AM - 26 November, 2015
In addition to Prelude, I would have given serious consideration to Salsoul, West End Records, and PIR (Philadelphia International Records)... all were fairly equally important to the Disco sound.
Aou of Sound Sessions Massive 10:49 AM - 26 November, 2015
I respect Beatport and welcoming those who involved making the history of music impacting our social lives at the global levels.
Ever since I've relocated in the third world, my label Step Ahead Recordings has been forgotten with released like DJ Spen 'Underground Sounds of D.C. Vol.1', Sound Sessions Massive 'Mix Taboo', Jask 'Moments In Jazz EP', Khaimar 'Music For The People' (original & Soulshine Rec. remixes), etc.
My influential labels:
Salsoul, West End, Philly Intern'l, DJ International, Nu Groove, Profile, Eightball, Giant Step, One, On-U Sound, Strictly Rhythm, Nervous, Downtown 161, Large, Guidance, Luv N'Haight, Ubiquity, King Street, Ibadan, i!, ESL Music, New Breed, Henry Street, Kult, Basement Boys, Emotive