Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

why? why not? wtf?

MurdoX 10:04 AM - 21 November, 2015
OK so let me start off by saying I switched to Serato and I enjoy it. I had to rethink somethings but today I am really pleased playing with Serato.

Now there is one thing I don't really get and I bet there is a lot of other DJs out there thinking the same thing. Why is Serato DJ not up to speed? Look at the other apps out there. You have Virtual DJ (299$), Traktor (99$) and what not, against Serato (129$). If you look at the features of most of the used apps most of them are pretty packed with goodies. Now Serato been around since 2008 which is a pretty long time and they still stumbling with some of the simplest features? Not that I personalty would want or need them but wtf, it cant be that hard to make shit happen. Look at the request section on the forum. Request for simple simple things that most other apps already have and we are still asking for them. I have no clue what goes into programing an app and I can imagine its a big deal getting everything working with all the hardware out there. Big up to you guys at Serato for this. But seriously, why is it that the smallest things go by you guys? You don't care or it is causing problems or you just don't give a shit? If I was you I would be looking as other and go (fuck me, they are doing that now we need to be doing that but 1 times better).

I know you guys take some feedback from the community but where does all the good requests for features go and why are they not being made? You just cant do it or it's complicated or you just want to make your own way or what? WTF? Heheh..

I have had times when I switch back to Traktor and notice some small things I miss in Serato and go, why they don't have this, that or what ever. Now I use Serato because it makes it simpler for me and more cost effective. But for a new guy looking to get into it he would probably look at features and price. I think Serato is a bit behind on that one unless you really know what you want and want to use it for and how you want to connect in the future.

Like I said, Im Serato all the way but just want to know what the F**ing deal is with the non existing features and weird upgrades. Like 1.8. tempo matching display removal. Who asked to have it removed? If you asked on the forum there would probably be a discussion about it but I would hope it ended up with being 50/50 and the consensus would be to add an option, display it or not. Why the fudge would you remove something so vital.

I just don't get it.
Davideon 7:33 PM - 21 November, 2015
That's the longest post on any forum I've ever seen, which has zero content. What was the point in it? What were you trying to say?

Regards the tempo matching display, it was removed after feedback from the 1.8 beta I believe.
Ragman 7:51 PM - 21 November, 2015
I think SDJ have great features and I think we as DJs are becoming to feature focused and not more skilled focused. Of course I'm an old fart so what do I know.
Ragman 7:53 PM - 21 November, 2015
Oh by the way. Serato has been around since 1998, not 2008. :-|
pdidy 8:31 PM - 21 November, 2015
Quote:
That's the longest post on any forum I've ever seen, which has zero content. What was the point in it? What were you trying to say?

If I had to guess I think he just wanted to bitch and moan about features he does not use....lol
MurdoX 2:18 AM - 22 November, 2015
Quote:
Oh by the way. Serato has been around since 1998, not 2008. :-|

Oh. My bad.

Quote:

If I had to guess I think he just wanted to bitch and moan about features he does not use....lol

Yes pretty much. LOL

Sorry for taking up your time..
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:06 AM - 22 November, 2015
That's the good thing bout this boards. You can vent lol.
Plus 1 on the Tempo Matching display bit.
I still can't delete files and crates effectively via Serato.
I appreciate they are trying to implement new features constantly but it seems stability is taking a hit.
Key Matching, Flip, 2 Decimal BPM etc are probably useful to many guys but not me.