Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Reset button for Pitch 'n Time

Mr. Leenknecht 11:58 AM - 18 November, 2015
Once you pitched up or down a couple of semitones, you should be able to quickly press a reset button in stead of searching for the original key with the arrow buttons. That would bring extra options when it comes to scratching, looping and cue point pushing.

A Pitch 'n Time reset button that is midi mappable with the SP1.

;-)
AlxRyde 5:47 AM - 19 November, 2015
+1
DJ Cyrix 7:35 AM - 19 November, 2015
+1, I'm also wondering how most dj's mapped this function, for instance on my ddj-sx.
Cwite 6:35 PM - 21 November, 2015
Quote:
+1, I'm also wondering how most dj's mapped this function, for instance on my ddj-sx.

Hey DJ Cyrix

I'm using an SZ so it will be similar? I Have mapped, negative key shift and positive key shift, to the shift + FX bank 1 and 2 Buttons above each channel for each relative deck. Key Sync I enable for each Deck with shift + deck selector buttons.

I tried lots and lots of different ways, using rotary knobs and stuff, but this final set up really worked well for me. Once I had sorted KEY that I knew I could then go on to map other functions. I just wanted KEY sorting first.
DJ Cyrix 7:25 PM - 22 November, 2015
Thanks, i'll try that!
Brutal 10:19 PM - 4 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Hey DJ Cyrix

I'm using an SZ so it will be similar? I Have mapped, negative key shift and positive key shift, to the shift + FX bank 1 and 2 Buttons above each channel for each relative deck. Key Sync I enable for each Deck with shift + deck selector buttons.

I tried lots and lots of different ways, using rotary knobs and stuff, but this final set up really worked well for me. Once I had sorted KEY that I knew I could then go on to map other functions. I just wanted KEY sorting first.

@Cwite: I have a post over on the Pioneer forum on the topic of mapping key shift to the "FX Mode" rotary.

I want to map the "FX Mode" knob in the FX section to permit adjusting the key of a track.

This is basically an attempt to assign an SZ MIDI control to the Pitch N Time "Key Shift" functionality. I am proposing the use of the "FX Mode" knob because of its special characteristics. (acts as a button/clicks as rotated) Assuming that a custom mapping is feasible, I would depress the knob and turn the dial left one click to drop one key and clockwise to return it to the base-key or increase the key further.

This seems like a great place to assign it on the existing controller with no real loss to another functionality. Since I was unable to make the knob send increment/decrement data to the Track-Key using the MIDI Learn function, I'm questioning if this is feasible.

I decided to ask the question here.in the hopes that someone could point me in the right direction or tell me it wouldn't work...

Now that I think about the rapid-key-reset idea, maybe the knob-depress function fits. Using the shift key to move between keys ensures that two hands must be making that adjustment. Dialing a key up or down seems to be a less-demanding effort and leaves a hand free for further manipulation...

I'm a n00b to Serato and the controller so any expertise or guidance is appreciated.
Cwite 8:41 PM - 8 January, 2016
Hey Brutal

The limitation with the fx mode rotary for me was it can only be assigned to 1 deck layer of the deck (1 or 3, 2 or 4). When you switch to the layered deck it still changes the key on the deck you switched away from. I was trying it with shift + fx mode.

I went away from it because when i was doing harmonic shifts with 2 songs together i would some times "over" rotate and kill the mix. And the fact i couldnt control the layers.

You can assign the rotate. The click. Or either with an added shift. You can't assign the click and rotate as one movement.

Hope this helps man
Brutal 2:29 AM - 10 January, 2016
@Cwite - MVP

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm in 2-deck mode on a 2013 MBP so I wonder if the layer aspect is a factor for me. What you're doing sounds super-saucy. I think that I'll still give the FX Mode mapping a shot and see if I can manipulate it with enough detail to work as desired.

A Mod on the Pioneer forum also suggested a midi translator and it sounds like some of them will allow you to create more complex (combo-style) MIDI assignments. Do you use/recommend one?

[Anyone else?]

Anyway, good lookin-out and thanks for the insight!