DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

EV ETX-15P vs RCF 735A

bhj 10:07 PM - 12 November, 2015
I cannot find a place to demo the RCF 735A close to me. I called an authorized dealer of both, the person I spoke to knew very little of the RCF and had not heard them. He said the EV's "blew me away" Very subjective and without a comparison really isn't relative.

I am really set to pull the trigger on the new ETX speakers, but the following have me stopped:

$600 less for the 735A for the pair
larger VC and the horn on the 735A is crossed over at 900hz
If they sound even just as good as the EV's that's $600

Unfortunately the cabinet is composite, but if the sound is good the sound is good.

I do not care if they are within a few db of SPL if one has sound quality advantage.

They will be ran with 2 powerful 18" tapped horns crossed over around 100hz so my concern is with the mid-upper frequency range.

I am really hoping someone out there has some real world experience with both.
SELECT 5:12 PM - 13 November, 2015
RCF 735a come with a bigger voice coil and wont limit as quick. I'd go RCF.
ROMUALDO Galarza 7:51 PM - 1 May, 2016
I'm ready to buy rct 735 or etx15p. I need your opinion on between bolt.
SELECT 6:00 PM - 2 May, 2016
Quote:

The ETX 15p has narrow coverage, but sounds better than the 735 as it is a 3way. The 15p will also limit way earlier so if you crank it it will lower itself. The RCF will not. The RCF is plastic and the ETX is wood. The bass better on the ETX, but the RCF is no slouch and can take more input level. Better sound ETX 15p, handle more abuse and lighter RCF.
desmorider 2:03 AM - 3 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

The ETX 15p has narrow coverage, but sounds better than the 735 as it is a 3way. The 15p will also limit way earlier so if you crank it it will lower itself. The RCF will not. The RCF is plastic and the ETX is wood. The bass better on the ETX, but the RCF is no slouch and can take more input level. Better sound ETX 15p, handle more abuse and lighter RCF.

Huh??????????? Neither of the speakers mentioned is a 3-way......
SELECT 1:38 PM - 3 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Huh??????????? Neither of the speakers mentioned is a 3-way......

Doh, I thought he mean the 15inch 35p.