Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato 1.8 - Great Job Serato! And Thanks For Removing The Tempo Match Display

PopRoXxX 6:56 PM - 30 October, 2015
I just thought I would chime in and say what a great release. As always, we know you're always working on optimizations and such, but thought there should be a good thread about the release compared to everyone else just complaining. You give them something they ask and they still find something to complain about.

Glad you offered more GUI real estate by removing the Tempo Match display for future additions to the software as well.

Dope key features and way better DVS response too.

Great job guys!
Dj Wunder 7:04 PM - 30 October, 2015
+1 for tempo match removal
musiclee 7:07 PM - 30 October, 2015
perhaps a very dumb question, but, when you guys say "tempo match display?
can you post pic of this area? i think i know but just want to make sure what you are referring to

and next thing, what was main reason to remove? no too many people used it?
or it was redundant?
PopRoXxX 7:10 PM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
perhaps a very dumb question, but, when you guys say "tempo match display?
can you post pic of this area? i think i know but just want to make sure what you are referring to

open any previous version of SDJ and it's at the very top in the middle. the red and yellow peaks

Quote:
and next thing, what was main reason to remove? no too many people used it?
or it was redundant?

more screen space IMO for future additions
musiclee 10:01 PM - 30 October, 2015
I think Serato should allow the user to view-hide the tempo beat match display
This way everyone is happy and those who don't use it don't get distracted by it and space used for other things
PopRoXxX 10:12 PM - 30 October, 2015
But technically: if Serato were to add something to the GUI with the "option" off, it would effect the new implementation when it's turned on, and probably not in a good way. Kind of a catch 22 there.

I, honestly, hope it stays gone forever. Because anything related to the GUI would now take twice as long to implement because it would have to be written to fit weirdly in two different ways. Future is moving forward .....
Djkom 10:34 PM - 30 October, 2015
Damn, I haven't noticed that! So now how to match quickly sound with wrong or changing bpm ??? this means we have to prepare (beat grids, bpm...) all songs before performing !

For me it's clearly a fail because Serato is the only dvs which brings this feature because it's even more accurate than the song analysis since it is dynamic.

But I could understand that this feature involves a lot of resources so by removing it the software has better performance....

If only there was a way better song analysis ...
Philmixit 11:11 PM - 30 October, 2015
I play with serato yesterday 1.8, for three hours with no problem, this is dope love it , the song quality is so clean , to the team of SERATO great Job, very nice!!!!
Dj Wunder 11:15 PM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
Damn, I haven't noticed that! So now how to match quickly sound with wrong or changing bpm ??? this means we have to prepare (beat grids, bpm...) all songs before performing!

...uhm... ya?

Quote:

With you 100% on that one
Dj Wunder 11:15 PM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
Damn, I haven't noticed that! So now how to match quickly sound with wrong or changing bpm ??? this means we have to prepare (beat grids, bpm...) all songs before performing!

...uhm... ya?

Quote:

With you 100% on that one
djcrap 12:37 AM - 3 November, 2015
The funny part is that even users who never used tempo match or even knew it was there! Here making noise to bring it back just for the seek of it.

🤐🤐⚡️
djcrap 12:41 AM - 3 November, 2015
I care less about tempo match cause I dont use it.

All i need is serato to increase the zoom level of those waveforms to transient level just like the real daws eg ableton.
Niro 6:57 AM - 3 November, 2015
Never knew people used it, never knew it was fir tempo matching. I thought having the wave form next to each other was making it easy enough to beat match. Why not just use sync and be done with it.
serkan 2:59 PM - 3 November, 2015
OMG! How was I able to DJ without tempo matchings displays when I just had 2 turntables and a mixer?

Props to Serato for another great release. The only issue I'm seeing with 1.8 is the focus issues when switching between apps. But this is preparation only as I don't need to switch anything during live performances.
Futuretek 3:27 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
I just thought I would chime in and say what a great release. As always, we know you're always working on optimizations and such, but thought there should be a good thread about the release compared to everyone else just complaining. You give them something they ask and they still find something to complain about.

Glad you offered more GUI real estate by removing the Tempo Match display for future additions to the software as well.

Dope key features and way better DVS response too.

Great job guys!

Totally agree!!
PopRoXxX 4:07 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
OMG! How was I able to DJ without tempo matchings displays when I just had 2 turntables and a mixer?

Quote of the day! Hahahaha!! Awesome
DJ Scena 7:37 PM - 3 November, 2015
hey its all good very one one has different style that feature was an asset to me love the updated serato however closing the programs responds takes to long
Djkom 7:53 PM - 3 November, 2015
OMG! I need now some glasses to see which songs can be played together thanks to the keys !!!
Quote:

Props to Serato for another great release. The only issue I'm seeing with 1.8 is the focus issues when switching between apps. But this is preparation only as I don't need to switch anything during live performances.

OMG! I need now some glasses to see which songs can be played together thanks to this little keys !!! Thanks Serato to display bpms with two digits because I can now mix 2 track during more than 30 sec without having to worried of catching up the beat neither looking at the screen...

Some guys here feel superior because they do not use features that others do, vice versa...what a pity. Talking about mixing with just ears when using Serato or any dvs is ridiculous, no?
David Wallin 1:28 PM - 4 November, 2015
Never used the tempo match display so as far as I'm concerned it may as well be gone forever...
Versionist 3:12 PM - 4 November, 2015
Tempo matching display is redundant. If you need to, match the bpm numbers on each track. What's the problem? It's numbers but it's not math! lol.

And if the bpm drifts in a song, like in music with live instruments - - Instead of spending hours editing beatmaps, spend that time learning how to adjust the mix manually. It's not very difficult, and you have two ENORMOUS waveforms to visually help you out.

Since switching from turntables/records, the only "cheating" features I use are the bpms #'s to match the tempos lightning fast, and the waveform display to spot any tempo drift. Those are two awesome features, and it's really all you need once you take the time to learn how to adjust manually.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:56 AM - 5 November, 2015
I use the "Tempo Matching Display" and will stay on 1.7.8

😜

Bring It Back
EAZYATM 8:58 AM - 5 November, 2015
Who ever made this post made sure they dont put it back smh lol..!
EAZYATM 8:59 AM - 5 November, 2015
I say bring it back i love to juggle reggae music a.k.a mix riddims really fast not by bpm by song for song...!!!😎
PopRoXxX 9:41 AM - 5 November, 2015
---> serato.com