Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New italicized font for 1.8?

dj_choice 2:06 PM - 29 October, 2015
Hey Serato DJ - really like the much desired additions for key detection and for that nice pitch n' time update.

I might sound old, but what's up with the new italicized font? Is there any way I can change it back?

Right now I got the text sized zoomed in like grandpa.
dj_choice 5:16 PM - 29 October, 2015
I guess I'm the only one here experiencing this...or is everyone else ok with the new italic font?
Culprit 5:17 PM - 29 October, 2015
possibly, restart?
dj_choice 5:54 PM - 29 October, 2015
restarted, reinstalled...still italic font. screen shot here: imgur.com
kaa51 6:14 PM - 29 October, 2015
I don't have italicized fonts - but my Serato fonts in this new 1.8 version are not looking good. The fonts looks kinda "blurry" and they are way too unsharp. I have a retina Macbook Pro.

imgur.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:14 PM - 29 October, 2015
I see a user in the beta with these fonts not sure if they worked out why his was like that. Best hit up support or jump back to 1.7.8
DJ Tecniq 7:19 PM - 29 October, 2015
Weird my font is perfect no issue here on 10.10.5 Yosemite. Are you on El Capitan?
DJ Tecniq 7:22 PM - 29 October, 2015
Mine is super clean on my Mid 2014 Macbook Pro. I have never seen font like that ever before.
imgur.com
kaa51 7:58 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Weird my font is perfect no issue here on 10.10.5 Yosemite. Are you on El Capitan?

I'm using 10.9.5. I think I'll keep using Serato 1.7.8. Fonts are looking fine in there.
dj_choice 8:14 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
I see a user in the beta with these fonts not sure if they worked out why his was like that. Best hit up support or jump back to 1.7.8

word - i created a ticket. i'm sure it's something on my end.
Quote:

I'm using 10.9.5. I think I'll keep using Serato 1.7.8. Fonts are looking fine in there.

i'm using 10.9.5 too...maybe that's the common factor?
DJ Tecniq 8:18 PM - 29 October, 2015
10.10.5 yosemite here and font is not an issue. May be best to update...but "not" El Capitan just all updates for Yosemite. Good luck hope it helps
Mr. Goodkat 8:21 PM - 29 October, 2015
SDJ getting better for ya tecniq? this is the first time ive seen a positive post about sdj from you.
DJ Tecniq 8:49 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
SDJ getting better for ya tecniq? this is the first time ive seen a positive post about sdj from you.
I am only using it offline i have not tested it live yet. However I will say there's a huge decrease in cpu with this final version compared to the beta. It looks smooth but to early to tell. I will be using Scratchlive for the halloween weekend. Not taking a chance on SDJ yet but I do have high hopes.
dj lashes 9:20 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
restarted, reinstalled...still italic font. screen shot here: imgur.com

hey thats looks cool how can i get that..lol
Culprit 9:21 PM - 29 October, 2015
Yes, i do not have this issue either.

Can you uninstall 1.8, restart. clean install 1.8, then restart and post a picture?
dj_choice 10:05 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Can you uninstall 1.8, restart. clean install 1.8, then restart and post a picture?

I was gonna update to Yosemite finally anyways so just started it just now. Will let y'all know if that did the trick.

Quote:
Hey DJ_Choice, This is really odd, is this issue across previous versions of Serato DJ as well?

Nope this is the first time I've seen this. 1.7.8 was just fine. Been a long time user of SSL too and this never happened there either.
Serato, Support
Tim_C 10:17 PM - 29 October, 2015
DJ Choice, I know this is kind of unlikely, but do you have any font management software, eg. Font Explorer installed on your mac?
dj_choice 10:19 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
DJ Choice, I know this is kind of unlikely, but do you have any font management software, eg. Font Explorer installed on your mac?

Nah just the regular font book that's on the Mac by default. I'm really thinking it's related to some setting set in Mavericks.
Serato, Support
Tim_C 10:27 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Nah just the regular font book that's on the Mac by default. I'm really thinking it's related to some setting set in Mavericks.

Ok, I think that the problem is a corrupt system font. Updating to Yosemite should sort that out, let us know how you go.
dj_choice 10:35 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Ok, I think that the problem is a corrupt system font. Updating to Yosemite should sort that out, let us know how you go.

Hmm - upgrading to Yosemite did NOT resolve the issue. Still get that italicized font. And I trashed and reinstalled 1.8 too after the OS upgrade.

HELP Serato!
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:44 PM - 29 October, 2015
Iv not had chance to look see if it has an answer but this user had same issue serato.com

Not sure if the link will work for you but should Serato Support Staff.
dj_choice 10:58 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Iv not had chance to look see if it has an answer but this user had same issue serato.com

Not sure if the link will work for you but should Serato Support Staff.

@LJ_WOOLSEY yes! thank you for finding this. totally the same issue. and yes i have helvetica neue, and I tried disabling it and reopening 1.8 and it still happens.
dj_choice 11:00 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Hey DJ_Choice, It'd be best for you to get in touch with the team directly regarding this issue so we can deal with this via the appropriate channels, can you open a help request regarding this over here : support.serato.com

hi Kane D - yes I opened a ticket. hope to hear from the support team soon.
dj_choice 2:09 AM - 30 October, 2015
ok i got the font back to normal, but i wouldn't advise the steps i took. upgraded to yosemite, deleted Helvetica Neue from my Font Book under User group. also deleted Helvetica from the Computer group by finding it through finder and then manually deleting the font files.

then opened 1.8 and that's when my MBP went berserk. 1.8 crashed, then my dock disappeared and my background screen kept flashing...but i could still access files and applications luckily. ran a command via terminal to kill the dock. opened my trash and restored the last Helvetica font I deleted.

dock came back, background screen went fine, rebooted, reinstalled 1.8, and now...i'm ok.

geez what a day.
DJ TeeOh 2:23 PM - 7 November, 2015
Here is the fix: www.facebook.com
Culprit 9:28 PM - 7 November, 2015
good job teeoh!
DJ TeeOh 2:48 AM - 26 November, 2015
Quote:
good job teeoh!

Thank you. :)
Culprit 4:57 AM - 24 May, 2016
Hey TeeOh,

I just used that post to fix my serato dj fonts. Thanks again!
DJ TeeOh 5:18 AM - 24 May, 2016
Quote:
Hey TeeOh,

I just used that post to fix my serato dj fonts. Thanks again!

You're quite welcome. Happy to help.
Boot Leg 5:40 PM - 24 November, 2016
Hi I came across this thread regarding blurry fonts.

But the solution listed was a Facebook post to here that is no longer available.
www.facebook.com

Would you please repost or message me the solution? The blurry font just happened all of a sudden, when previously it was crisp.

Appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you!
Boot Leg 12:18 AM - 6 December, 2016
Anyone else? I emailed support but they told me to go to 1.9.4 that isn't much help.
Culprit 1:05 AM - 6 December, 2016
DJ TeeOh 5:56 AM - 31 January, 2017
DJ TeeOh 5:56 AM - 31 January, 2017
Sorry all, I haven't checked this forum in awhile here is the fix:

www.facebook.com
Boot Leg 6:00 PM - 14 April, 2017
Thanks for reply DJ TeeOh! But unfortunately, I will try uninstalling my old version and installing 1.9.6. Will keep everyone posted.