Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Hardware Not Connected, DDJ-SB2 on Serato Intro

Marsh7196 2:15 PM - 25 October, 2015
Ive read loads of people saying make sure the controller isnt the default playback device, which it isnt my speakers are, all my drivers are up to date and still Serato is telling me my hardware is disconnected, when i lauch serato the two decks appear for a couple seconds then vanish. Serato knows the controller is there because if i press play it does start playing the song on the first deck but theres only sound through my laptops speakers, what else can i do to fix this please?
Serato, Moderator
James_M 8:39 PM - 2 November, 2015
Hey Marsh! Sounds like a possible outdated driver! Are you on a Windows or Mac machine?

James
el_jorgo 5:01 PM - 3 November, 2015
I have this exact problem! I've updated all drivers, downloaded MIDI-OX and the controller is sending midi signals, Ive tried it as the default sound card and not.. nothing is working
Jeigh_^2 1:14 AM - 20 December, 2015
I am having the same issue. I have done the update of the drivers but still no luck.. Should I take this device back?
Robert MacKinnon 8:37 AM - 30 December, 2015
I had this exact problem just last night when plugged into a new computer. I downloaded the DDJ-SB2 software from the PioneerDJ website.
Go to Support-Software/Firmware-Select DDJ-SB2-Download Software (it's zipped)- install
sensimillia 11:44 PM - 14 March, 2016
this doesnt work with macbook
bamcrew1 11:44 PM - 14 April, 2016
My DDJ SB2 says Hardware Not connected but every thing is. What do I do?
sah.vige 10:02 PM - 29 April, 2016
Same Problem
Jose R Maldonado 3:56 PM - 7 June, 2016
same problem
djgraydon 11:04 PM - 11 June, 2016
I am having this same problem. I have updated everything and I still can't get it to register. I even tried using serato intro and nothing. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.
djsanty 12:53 AM - 27 July, 2016
Theres a solution about it?..
Am having the same problem?
Please help.
ClarenceKeith 5:13 AM - 29 September, 2016
Even I had the same problem. Then I consulted a technician for help.
vazbot 1:18 PM - 24 April, 2017
Any resolve to this?
Ervin Oates 1:51 AM - 6 June, 2017
paid the 99 bucks and the controller is not recognized how can the upgrade not work when intro was running fine?
DJ AzYz 1:28 PM - 14 July, 2017
I have the same problem right now.
Mac OSX 1.9.5
Fresh Serato DJ Intro Install
No Hardware Connected

On the mac, in the ''about this computer'' on under USB i have Pioneer DDJ SB2 connected and it looks ok.

I have the Serato DJ licence, when i open it and connect the software, it says ''connecting to ddj-sb2'' or something like that and after a minute or so ''Failed to connect. Please try again''

Don't know what to do. There is no driver or firmware to update for mac on the Pioneer Website for the ddj-sb2.

Please help ! I need this to work in a couple of hours...
DJ AzYz 1:43 PM - 14 July, 2017
I got it If you run on Mac OSX 10.9.X
I found this on the help forums, from a Serato Admin:

----------
We have discovered an issue with OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 and some Pioneer hardware, where on connecting the hardware, the device name is not displayed to the OS correctly, therefore not allowing it to connect. Pioneer & Serato are currently investigating this, but there is a valid work around. Please follow the steps below:

1. Connect/power on hardware
2. Open Audio MIDI setup > Window> Show MIDI Window
3. Re-set the Change Configuration drop down from 'Default' to 'New Configuration'

Let me know how that goes :-)

Cheers,
Micah

-------------------------------

PS: You may need to use the Spotlight Search to find the infamous ''Audio MIDI setup'' app. I had neve heard of that app before, but it exists somewhere on your mac. I don't know but maybe this can help on other MAC OSX, to manually switch to ''new configuration'' on the Audio MIDI setup'' of your mac.

Hope this helps you too !
:)