DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

TTM57 - Strange thing happened

Dj Stylz-1 1:12 AM - 14 October, 2015
I have a residency at a club every Friday and Saturday. My setup is 1200s, TTM57, and Dicers. The strangest thing happened over the weekend and wanted to see if anyone knew what it is and how i can prevent it from happening in the future. First hour into my gig (no patrons), I noticed that my dicers stopped responding. In fact only one of the dicers was lit. So I pulled out the usb and plugged it back in and it started working again. About a 30 minutes later, the same thing happened. So I reset it again, but about 20 minutes later, the ttm57 functions (scrolling, sampler) stopped responding. So I had to use those functions through the computer, which wasn't really a big deal, more of an inconvenience. Since there were only a few people in the building I decided to play a mix and restart my computer / serato. 45 minutes in, the dicers do the same thing, and the ttm57 functions also stop responding. At this point it was pretty busy, so I decided to just roll with it. About 45 minutes after that, the music cut out completely, (waveforms still moving), I quickly switched it to the mix and restarted the computer. At this point there was only about an hour left of the night so I got serato back up and running, sure enough the dicers went out again, but i was able to close out the night. This is the first time anything like this has happened. I use a macbook pro from 2006, lacie rugged external harddrive plugged in through firewire.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
kitemonkee 7:27 PM - 29 October, 2015
i had similar problem, with Dicers together with SL1.
i have to connect Dicers through USB hub, problems disappeared.
SirForce 7:52 PM - 13 November, 2015
You're not alone. I've experienced the dicer issues you mention. It might be one is not responding, or both stop responding using SDJ 1.7.8 and 1.8. This also occured with versions as early as 1.7.4 for me.

The audio also stops with the screen still responding, waveforms scrolling just no output. The only fix is to close and restart SDJ.

All of this is with a Rane 62 connected.

Someone told me outside of the forums to use a powered hub. I don't know if that will or won't fix the problem.

I've also got a video of a friend running SDJ 1.7.5 at a gig when the Pioneer SZ right cue points stopped working completely. The fix was to restart SDJ. This an other strange audio issues appeared.

I don't know what else to say other than I feel that pain and while opening support tickets is the route to take I don't feel that will bear much fruit since there are many with these issues.

I just want to raise awareness that I too experience these problems. If I could provide something of value back in terms of logs or other data that would help to patch the code to prevent these problems I would be willing to do that.

I'm running OSX 10.10.5 on a MBP Mid 2012 i7 processors with 1TB SSD and 16GB RAM. It was the best Mac Book Pro for this model when it was purchased Dec 2012.