Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

OS X El Capitan (10.11) & Serato DJ

soundboyz 7:06 AM - 17 September, 2015
Now that apple is getting ready to officially launch OS X El Capitan to the public. What is stopping Serato from putting out a Beta Version of Serato DJ that support OS X El Capitan. Apple have developer who depends on beta to test software. Sadly to say Serato really taking us for fools or they just out to make money now. You dont wait for something to launch then to tell your clients it cant work, OS X El Capitan beta out longtime get a damn copy and start your testing. I for one is tired of it......... one love...
Davideon 7:22 AM - 17 September, 2015
Quote:
Now that apple is getting ready to officially launch OS X El Capitan to the public..

What's the rush? You need to upgrade your os instantly for what reason ?

And why would Serato test on a beta?
BleedR 9:45 AM - 17 September, 2015
Quote:
Now that apple is getting ready to officially launch OS X El Capitan to the public. What is stopping Serato from putting out a Beta Version of Serato DJ that support OS X El Capitan. Apple have developer who depends on beta to test software. Sadly to say Serato really taking us for fools or they just out to make money now. You dont wait for something to launch then to tell your clients it cant work, OS X El Capitan beta out longtime get a damn copy and start your testing. I for one is tired of it......... one love...

Serato still has known issues with Mavericks & Yosemite and you expect them to put a working version with El Capitan? Good luck!
I will update the date it's out, but for SDJ still gonna use 1.8.5 on a bootable stick.
boabmatic 12:55 PM - 17 September, 2015
Had tried out the El Capitan betas..

I had been getting increased performance from SDJ from each OS beta update.

Serato can't start testing/developing code on a moving target.

I'm sure they have done testing on El Capitan but serious regression testing and updates won't start until the public version is released.

I think pioneer have stated that they won't be testing until the public version is released.
pdidy 8:38 PM - 17 September, 2015
Quote:

it is better to be thought a fool than to open ya bloodclot mouth and prove it.
soundboyz 10:58 PM - 17 September, 2015
i just though by now they would say something about pdidy one love your ass
keithers 3:54 AM - 25 May, 2016
how is serato dj working with 10.11.5? scared to update now
DL Lee B 11:25 PM - 25 May, 2016
Quote:

I'm a bit jittery on the update too, although I've been on 10.11.4 and with the exception of a MBP usb power issue and Serato Video, things have been all good, so bite the bullet and go for it or chicken out?
keithers 11:35 PM - 25 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I'm a bit jittery on the update too, although I've been on 10.11.4 and with the exception of a MBP usb power issue and Serato Video, things have been all good, so bite the bullet and go for it or chicken out?

Haha, you are going to bite the bullet, or you're asking me to?

May have to paper, rock, scissors you for that one.
funky drummer 9:22 AM - 26 May, 2016
better do not update to 10.11.5, all of the latest versions of SDJ crash at start
PopRoXxX 3:30 PM - 26 May, 2016
Depending on your hardware:

I'm on 10.11.5 with no problems. On the SRT, SZ and 57mkII.

No crashes (startup or running) at all
funky drummer 4:58 PM - 26 May, 2016
It crahes even with no hardware connected unfortunately
DL Lee B 10:20 PM - 26 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol, I choose rock :D
boabmatic 11:51 AM - 27 May, 2016
10.11.5 is running fine with my Rane 62 (mid 2014 mbp)
DJ506 6:15 PM - 27 May, 2016
I updated to El Capitan (10.11.5) with my 2015 MBP, Rane 62 and SDJ 1.9.1

HORRIBLE!!!

After 45-60 mins the latency was WAY off and I was getting audio dropouts.

I rebooted and turned my USB Buffer from 1ms (which I ran fine for years) to 10ms.

I STILL got audio dropouts.

Sadly for me I did not do a Time Machine backup before upgrading. I usually just backup my personal files.

So I resorted to partitioning my drive and installing Yosemite. Everything is flawless with Yosemite.
DJ-DYME 1:23 AM - 28 May, 2016
As DJ506 just said..

I am having the same problem too.. I am getting latency after 25 - 30mins of playing then dropouts, then everything just stops working all together.. Songs stops, Fans running very hight.. It did this with Yosemite too thus why I upgraded to El Capitan.. I have no clue what the problem is.. Can someone lend a helping hand?

Late 2011 MBP | OS X 10.11.5 w. 16Gb Memory | Serato 1.9.1 | Pioneer DJM S9 1.06
Dj Toobs 5:01 AM - 1 June, 2016
The issue that i am having with 1.9.1 is that when i open SDJ, it does NOT connect to my Rane Sixty-Two mixer. Sometime even gives me an error messages. My only solution is to quit SDJ, twice in some occasions so it can finally connect with the mixer. Only at this time can i proceed and begin with my set. Its so annoying. Has anyone figured out what is wrong and how can it be fixed?

I followed all the Rane step recommendations twice. Erased SSL and all the older versions of SDJ. Still No luck. If i have a lag of any kind, its usually the 1st or second track, which is not that bad as i have a change to restart SDJ and continue with my set(s) with no problem after that. Just the start up sucks.

Since i purchase my Mid 2014 15"MBP, i have never had a single problem until i update to El Capitan. So i recommend everyone that hasn't done the upgrade to hold off until all these little issues are fixed.

Here are my computer specs:
MBP Retina 15-inch, Mid 2014
OSX 10.11.5
Processor: 2.5ghz intel Core i7
Memory: 16gb 1600 mhz ddr3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB

Mixer: Rane Sixty-two update core audio driver 2.0.0b3
Serato DJ: 1.9.1
DJ Tecniq 5:12 AM - 1 June, 2016
Quote:
As DJ506 just said..

I am having the same problem too.. I am getting latency after 25 - 30mins of playing then dropouts, then everything just stops working all together.. Songs stops, Fans running very hight.. It did this with Yosemite too thus why I upgraded to El Capitan.. I have no clue what the problem is.. Can someone lend a helping hand?

Late 2011 MBP | OS X 10.11.5 w. 16Gb Memory | Serato 1.9.1 | Pioneer DJM S9 1.06
Odd def not happening to me on Yosemite which you said had the same problem. My gigs with the S9 have been great. Are you using an external?
DJ-DYME 11:36 AM - 1 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
As DJ506 just said..

Odd def not happening to me on Yosemite which you said had the same problem. My gigs with the S9 have been great. Are you using an external?

No, all my music are on the laptops HDD (750 Mb) Still got lots of space left too.. I have no clue what's going on 😩
Daniel Ventura 1:13 PM - 1 June, 2016
seems like some kind of megalatency is back on 10.11.5?
PopRoXxX 1:19 PM - 1 June, 2016
Quote:
seems like some kind of megalatency is back on 10.11.5?

I've been on 10.11.5 for over a week on the SRT, SZ & 57mkII. No latency problems on my end
keithers 2:37 PM - 1 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol, I choose rock :D

After seeing some of the below posts, I think it is better that neither of us update until at least a few more people report no problems. Weird that there is no official comment from Serato yet?

I have actually been using Rekordbox instead because I picked up a 900NXS2
keithers 2:46 AM - 21 July, 2016
here we go again...has anyone updated to Mac OS X 10.11.6? reports?
DJSpeedLV 7:21 AM - 22 July, 2016
i was having problems with mine as well cause my new MacBook had the drop outs left and right. temporarily used my older MacBook till I found a fix. so to fix it I had to download the RC (Release Candidate) drivers for my SL4 box

support.serato.com

the driver is actually included for some devices (see article) but for everyone else it will say if there is a newer driver for it or now
carter 2:27 AM - 23 July, 2016
Just updated to OS X to 10.11.6 from 10.11.3 and SDJ from 1.8.2 to 1.9.1. Ran a full audio set on 2012 MBP with 1 for my USB buffer with no dropouts or issues. Testing with ME tomorrow. Pioneer DDJ-SR with latest firmware.