DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

So I thought to try Serato DJ last night...

Bigga Bounce Ent 3:12 PM - 22 August, 2015
I normally use SSL 2.4.4 (If it ain't broke don't fix it) but as I knew it was gonna be a slow night I thought I'de try DJ 1.7.5. It all worked np, but in my Browse section, I was seeing doubles and triples of titles in my Genre and Album Section. Also there is a (???) at the bottom of the Genre and album Section.

Anyone have this happen to them? how did you fix it?
ozfrombk 4:35 PM - 22 August, 2015
I haven't experienced this in any of my sets. What I still do experience is that after about roughly an hour into my set my records no longer sync up to my movements. So I'll start scratching on the record but the mp3 won't emulate the scratches on time at all.
DJ_Clippz 11:03 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
I normally use SSL 2.4.4 (If it ain't broke don't fix it) but as I knew it was gonna be a slow night I thought I'de try DJ 1.7.5. It all worked np, but in my Browse section, I was seeing doubles and triples of titles in my Genre and Album Section. Also there is a (???) at the bottom of the Genre and album Section.

Anyone have this happen to them? how did you fix it?

I used it the other night too I plugged my external hardrive into another dj's laptop and it worked fine for me. No doubles.

You must have it reading from two locations? Not sure mate!
Code:E 6:41 PM - 23 August, 2015
Quote:
SSL 2.4.4

is broke.... I would be on 2.5 if I was you.

Quote:

Again use 1.7.7.

there are bugs that are fixed in both the latest version of the software.

Quote:
Genre and Album Section. Also there is a (???) at the bottom of the Genre and album Section.

Rebuild your v2 database maybe? Then try using Serato DJ again. Unless you have doubles of the files.
myndgruv 6:54 PM - 23 August, 2015
never had this happen. Been using 1.7.6 and not 1.7.7 since may and havnt had a single issue. I would update your scratch live to 2.5 as well
eugguy 11:40 PM - 23 August, 2015
Ssl 2.5 is solid forever.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:49 AM - 24 August, 2015
Quote:

Ive has 2.5 crash on me every night for the last month. Serato support is 0 help
eugguy 5:57 AM - 24 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Ive has 2.5 crash on me every night for the last month. Serato support is 0 help

Still more stable than SDJ.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:11 AM - 24 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol i agree
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:48 PM - 24 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not true SSL 2.5.0 crashes on me all the time out of memory. SDJ never crashes and works fine and with all the new features SSL just lacks big time and as for the ssl keylock 😷

SSL is well and truly gone over and done for me.
Bigga Bounce Ent 6:36 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol i agree

I thought all the bugs were worked out and it was hella stable now? should I stick with SSL? Never had issues with it. Wish they didn't lock it off...

Ill look into 2.5.0 as well.
Bigga Bounce Ent 6:48 PM - 25 August, 2015
Just ran SSL 2.5. and DJ 1.7. Same issue. is it a File issue or sumthin?
eugguy 6:50 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Just ran SSL 2.5. and DJ 1.7. Same issue. is it a File issue or sumthin?

I would say so...
Bigga Bounce Ent 6:51 PM - 25 August, 2015
What's my best bet in fixing this?
Code:E 6:57 PM - 25 August, 2015
I have been running SDJ for 3 months now and have not had any issues..

What exactly are the issues you guys are having? I'm curious. SDJ has "bugs" but there more idiosyncrasy about the software. and none are more major than anything any and all versions of SSL have had.
eugguy 9:15 AM - 26 August, 2015
Was using sdj last night because I thought the update might clear my issue of tracks popping, specifically hen jumping around the track or changing the track entirely. Still there. Running on a MacBook, with plenty of juice. Sdj just seems cluttered up and buggy.
ral 4:39 PM - 26 August, 2015
i miss ssl

try video mixing connected to ustream with the bridge in 1 usb buffer
the sdj will choke! never an issue for ssl
Bigga Bounce Ent 6:54 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
I have been running SDJ for 3 months now and have not had any issues..

What exactly are the issues you guys are having? I'm curious. SDJ has "bugs" but there more idiosyncrasy about the software. and none are more major than anything any and all versions of SSL have had.

My issue seems to be only with SDJ, ive had no issues with ssl.
Taipanic 9:19 PM - 26 August, 2015
It's the nature of computer based software. I have had issues with SSL & SDJ. Sometimes there is a true bug that affects everyone or people with specific hardware. A lot of times it is a specific combination of hardware/software/individual computer config. I'm having issues with latest SDJ but not everyone else is, even others with the same setup (2010 MBP17/DDJ-SZ). I am going to account it some crap on my computer that is mucking things up. Time for a clean OS install I guess, probably add an SSD and maybe bump up from 8 to 16 gig of RAM.