DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The only Soundcloud Alternative...now Hearthis

DJ Remy USA 9:32 PM - 10 July, 2015
Ok you know soundcloud is going down we all know its happening even if you havent been affected. Pretty soon you will be.

Here is the only soundcloud alternative and its reallly really good in fact its better than soundcloud.

Its a bit more expensive I will admit (prices are in Euro)

Layout is what soundcloud was supposed to be they got the layout right

You can pay to have your tracks promoted (almost like paying a SEO engineer so your website gets more hits, not fake likes)

Free accounts can only upload mp3, premium accounts can upload any file format

Its almost like a social media site in its own way but for music, not spammy at all.

Heres my profile: hearthis.at

sign up everyone lets follow each other and get our numbers off the ground and get some music cirulating....now hearthis.
R-Tistic 10:11 PM - 10 July, 2015
How's the app?
Dj Shamann 1:53 PM - 11 July, 2015
I don't understand the "sets". I create one, but it doesn't give you the option to do anything with it, like i figured this is where we add stuff from our own profile but I don't see the option.

It looks promising, but needs to be more intuitive. Like they don't really breakdown the workings of the place, the FAQ only has a few troubleshooting questions.
Dj Shamann 2:33 PM - 11 July, 2015
So you add to "sets" below your mix. The problem is when you click on your sets, nothing shows up, so you can't delete a set you made a mistake on etc.
Dj Shamann 2:52 PM - 11 July, 2015
Quote:
almost like paying a SEO engineer so your website gets more hits

Speaking of which, if you do have a website and understand SEO, I checked the links and they're 'do follow' so that's a bonus right now.
DJ GaFFle 9:35 PM - 11 July, 2015
I'm a little late. What's this about Soundcloud going down... I just set up an account last week. :-P
Dj Shamann 9:47 PM - 11 July, 2015
So I got set up but I still need to add some stuff

Profile: hearthis.at

Got the sets feature going: hearthis.at
DJ Remy USA 9:53 PM - 11 July, 2015
Quote:
How's the app?

you like mobile app? I don't know if they have one yet. The web application looks pretty promising
DJ Remy USA 9:59 PM - 11 July, 2015
Quote:
I don't understand the "sets". I create one, but it doesn't give you the option to do anything with it, like i figured this is where we add stuff from our own profile but I don't see the option.

It looks promising, but needs to be more intuitive. Like they don't really breakdown the workings of the place, the FAQ only has a few troubleshooting questions.

the purpose of sets is to consolidate like items in one area. Like if you have a mix series that you do "The Shaman Shakedown 1" , 2, 3, etc you would upload those series and add them to the same set so they in the same place. You can then share the set so essentially you are sharing series.
Dj Shamann 10:33 PM - 11 July, 2015
Quote:
the purpose of sets is to consolidate like items in one area. Like if you have a mix series that you do "The Shaman Shakedown 1" , 2, 3, etc you would upload those series and add them to the same set so they in the same place. You can then share the set so essentially you are sharing series.

Yeah I knew what it was meant for, but what I'm saying is, it wasn't even appearing. I would click on the tab and there was nothing. I took a nap, woke up and the set was there (doubles of it), but none of the tracks.

There seems to be some kinks in the system, but overall I'm still willing to give it a shot.
DJ GaFFle 12:52 AM - 13 July, 2015
So DON'T copy over/import your Soundcloud tracks into Hearthis.AT. I did one track and this site recompiled it down to 128k. My original was uploaded to SC at 320k.