DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Having 2 Serato librarys without dupes on HDD

Col1990 7:17 PM - 18 June, 2015
Hi, is there an option to do this like for instance where I am playing at the mo they're not the biggest Hiphop and House fans mainly Top 40 fans but I love my Hiphop also House and would like to get rid of certain tunes from my main library but still keep the songs on a different library with all the top 40 songs so basically every song I've got without duping tracks and jump between them when I want? This would be a huge help it will help me find certain songs easier. At the mo Ive made a crate for the place I play at but keeping on top of that is a pain in the arse.
Davideon 7:51 PM - 18 June, 2015
Surely crates is all you need? I have 2 master ceates: a mobile dj (top 40 crate), and club crate.
Col1990 11:09 PM - 18 June, 2015
No because when I use smart crates and stuff like that then all the stuff I don't want gets added and plus to go through all my tracks and drag them into a crate and organise them into individual crates and you don't even know if they're already in there because you get no confirmation is stressful as fuck I'm just looking for an easier way so I don't have to deal with it.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:49 AM - 19 June, 2015
Delete all your crates and then bring back all your top 40, close SDJ and then rename the "_Serato_" folder to whatever you like, example "_Serato_Top40". Now reopen SDJ add all your hip-hop and house, now close SDJ and rename the "_Serato_" to whatever you like, example "_Serato_HipHop_House".

Then do this 1 more time with everything in your library. So you'll a total of 3 different _Serato_ folders.

Now when it comes time to use the Top40 library just rename the "_Serato_Top40" folder back to "_Serato_" and be sure to rename your main _Serato_ folder (the one that has everything).

Konix has a video showing how this done if you search his YouTube channel.
djnak 3:45 AM - 19 June, 2015
codes and smart crates.... nol need to rename library have multiple libraries....just tag your tracks properly and with proper codes ...this should not be an issue at all...
CMOS 5:33 PM - 19 June, 2015
For real you can even use subfolders keeping TOP 40, HIP-HOP, and HOUSE as the top level folders with crates underneath them. Seems like renaming folders for libraries all the time is too much of a hassle.

I keep ALL of my crates in a subfolder.

This way if I plug my external into someone elses system all my stuff is neatly organized under the main Feffen folder and is easy to find.
Davideon 8:29 PM - 19 June, 2015
If sera to FINALLY allowed smart crates to be sub crates it would help a lot of people
DJ Stoyvo 8:50 PM - 19 June, 2015
Don't do this. I went this route and now I worry about serato DJ crashing every time I open a crate. Mine you I also have easily over 6k crates and 120k tracks
Col1990 3:37 AM - 20 June, 2015
Thanks for all the input guys I'm gonna take DJ Stoyvo's word and go with the codes and smart crates just gotta figure out what codes to use which ill do the beginning of next week.