DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Photo Booth advice

Joee 12:41 AM - 16 June, 2015
so i will be buying my very first photo booth very soon

for those of you that use/rent or are familiar with photo booths what are some of the brands i want to be looking @? my budget is $10,000 no more

i have been looking @ this , it is very portable i like portable www.inventivephotobooth.com
 6 12:54 AM - 16 June, 2015
I think this is a wise business decision Joee*

nm
Joee 1:01 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
I think this is a wise business decision Joee*

nm

if you can't contribute……..GO AWAY

i agree with you tho, it's very wise i don't even own it & have 3 people wanting to book it in one week @ $700 a night

it's a no brainer if i'm making $2,100 the very first week ……minus the $100 X 3 for 3 media kits ……yea very wise

:-)
 6 1:11 AM - 16 June, 2015
" if you can't contribute……..GO AWAY"

Now now... don't get emotional EVEN when I'm complimenting you. lol

nm
Joee 1:28 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:

nm

"man listen"

don't go getting all JM on me…….you see i agreed with you……lol
 6 1:33 AM - 16 June, 2015
No. I saw you agreed with me.... but you still decided to type the above quote. That's the emotional part.

:)

nm
 6 1:34 AM - 16 June, 2015
Anyway, let's not derail this thread. This is actually a good topic that hasn't been discussed before.

nm
DJ Guayo 1:37 AM - 16 June, 2015
Im not a fan of those closed photobooths. I would like at hear here. Open concept, easy to setup, and more backdrop options.

www.photoboothsupplyco.com
Joee 1:39 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
No. I saw you agreed with me.... but you still decided to type the above quote. That's the emotional part.

:)

nm

you guys are to literal do i always need to use the :-P

Quote:
Anyway, let's not derail this thread. This is actually a good topic that hasn't been discussed before.

nm

agreed truce ……lol
Joee 1:41 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
Im not a fan of those closed photobooths. I would like at hear here. Open concept, easy to setup, and more backdrop options.

ok …….good info thank your sir
 6 1:50 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:

I like

nm
DJ Guayo 1:50 AM - 16 June, 2015
That iPad integration is dope too. Get you connected into all the social media apps, which is a must now a days. I've seen this setup at my events and it always works out well. Plan on having an attendant too
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:45 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
"man listen"

smh.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:55 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
truce ……lol

More like you waving that white flag...lmao...
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:03 AM - 16 June, 2015
there are a great add on extra for getting that extra cash and a monkey can use them,

if your doing weddings you should have one of these in your arsenal,

those booths don't look the sturdiest though but most i've used arn't, you'll have at least 3 drunk american sized people (obese by world size standards) in for the snaps so best setup beside a sturdy wall
Rebelguy 6:00 AM - 16 June, 2015
r
Quote:
so i will be buying my very first photo booth very soon

for those of you that use/rent or are familiar with photo booths what are some of the brands i want to be looking @? my budget is $10,000 no more

i have been looking @ this , it is very portable i like portable www.inventivephotobooth.com

How is the competition in your area. In my area the market has been over saturated so the prices have been pushed down pretty low. If you got a great product though people will pay money. This is one of the more popular companies in my area. They average $800-1400 a night and have 12 booths available.

www.magbooth.com

Check out this company for purchasing photo booths as well. They make some pretty cool looking designs.

www.atlantaphotobooth.com
skinnyguy 8:24 AM - 16 June, 2015
I got a booth from Atlanta Photo Booth. Customer support is incredible. Another thing to think about when purchasing.
DJ GaFFle 10:55 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
I got a booth from Atlanta Photo Booth. Customer support is incredible. Another thing to think about when purchasing.

Ahhh... someone that owns one! I thought the photo booth concept had faded but looks like Joee already has upcoming rentals for it.

Let's talk profits. In your area, how's business for it been?
Joee 11:31 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
That iPad integration is dope too. Get you connected into all the social media apps, which is a must now a days. I've seen this setup at my events and it always works out well. Plan on having an attendant too

i was looking @ one that prints the photo & allows you to post your pic to Facebook Instagram & twitter …..a pretty cool feature

Quote:
Quote:
truce ……lol

More like you waving that white flag...lmao...

but how do you feel about photo booths?
Joee 11:42 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
those booths don't look the sturdiest though but most i've used arn't, you'll have at least 3 drunk american sized people (obese by world size standards) in for the snaps so best setup beside a sturdy wall

you know what! I've never thought about that…..you are right the one i was looking @ might not be the best than

Quote:
How is the competition in your area. In my area the market has been over saturated so the prices have been pushed down pretty low. If you got a great product though people will pay money.

seems pretty strong….as i haven't bought it yet & have 3 rentals lined up, but the rental fee is defiantly cheaper @ $600 to $700 for 4 hours

Quote:
www.magbooth.com

Check out this company for purchasing photo booths as well. They make some pretty cool looking designs.

is magbooth a rental or sale company? @ rebel & skinny i'm diggin the atlanta booth you guys might have just saved me some money…..but are they sturdy booths?

Quote:
Let's talk profits. In your area, how's business for it been?

well the media kits are about $100 each you will need one for every event, if i'm charging $600 @ a minimum i stand to make $500 each rental…..so 12 rentals pays off a $6,000

i think that is a very worth while investment
DJ GaFFle 12:21 PM - 16 June, 2015
What breaks on these things? What typically requires servicing?
Joee 12:37 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
What breaks on these things? What typically requires servicing?

good question!…….

the only mechanicals are a camera printer & light bulg, is there anything else?
Joee 12:41 PM - 16 June, 2015
forgot the computer & optional monitors
Rebelguy 12:46 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:

is magbooth a rental or sale company? @ rebel & skinny i'm diggin the atlanta booth you guys might have just saved me some money…..but are they sturdy booths?

Magbooth is a rental company. They seem to target the Bay Area hipster market.

Atlanta Photo booth seems to have very good feedback on other DJ Forums. I would look into it more if the pricing works for you.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:01 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
I thought the photo booth concept had faded

Absolutely not, they are the absolute RAGE.
Joee 1:04 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Magbooth is a rental company. They seem to target the Bay Area hipster market.

Atlanta Photo booth seems to have very good feedback on other DJ Forums. I would look into it more if the pricing works for you.

pricing on atl booth is cool the only thing i don't like is the fact they don't include a printer

but some one did bring up a good point about big drunk dudes going in to take a pic & potently knocking the booth over……i like the open air aspect of the atl booth with a wrapping curtain, if they fall they hit the floor ……lol
Joee 4:24 PM - 16 June, 2015
does anyone have experience with king photo booths?

www.kingdomphotobooth.com

they have a really nice feature that allows the user to post pics to Facebook instergram twitter directly from the Photo Booth …..i'm not sure if the others offer this
CMOS 4:27 PM - 16 June, 2015
I went to a family event last weekend that had a Photo Booth. I would vote against the closed booth you posted. 1 pic we had about 9 people in the booth as it was basically a tent around the camera/screen module.

With the booth you posted, that many people wouldnt fit.

Also the booth had the option after the pic to put in your phone number and you got an instant text with the photos as well as the tiny printout. Didnt catch which brand booth it was tho.
Joee 4:43 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
I went to a family event last weekend that had a Photo Booth. I would vote against the closed booth you posted. 1 pic we had about 9 people in the booth as it was basically a tent around the camera/screen module.

With the booth you posted, that many people wouldnt fit.

Also the booth had the option after the pic to put in your phone number and you got an instant text with the photos as well as the tiny printout. Didnt catch which brand booth it was tho.

thanks for the input sir……

i kind of like the open air one now, it has a curtain so you still have the feel if a closed booth while still being a open air booth, i'm diggin the 21" booth www.atlantaphotobooth.com
skinnyguy 6:38 PM - 16 June, 2015
omg. i got a sh*t ton to type. gonna try condense as much as possible. bear with me.

um. profits have been good. i bought 2 booths from APB. first was their original model (hand written serial number by steve lynch himself! #83, i think). i'm mostly a solo op so i bought my second model, the party box (party pop didn't come out yet). but yea, both are already paid off and in the green. i don't push it as much as i should but i average maybe one per month. there's a bunch of competition too and it grows each year, so yea. lots of undercutting, just like the dj biz. did a graduation party sunday and they had a booth. they had technical probs and were offline most of the night. not to mention their prints weren't aligned correctly.

can APB do social media? yes. that all depends on the software you use. at first, apb came with PhotoBoof. They have a free ipad app which handles the social media. Now you have a choice of Darkroom Booth. I can't remember if it does social media, but i'm sure there's something. DRB at first was more user friendly in creating layouts and customizing. I bought a copy but never got around to installing it. I just got more accustomed to Boof. Boof is catching up in the friendly-layout creating, but it really excels in features. Seriously, it's very flexible and very powerful. Both can do green screen, from what I've read, DRB is a bit better. I think Boof may still be more accurate in handling printing (aligning) but DRB is catching up. Just stuff I've read online since I still only use Boof.

But, feel free to install your own software. But, you won't get as much (you probably still will get some help) customer help when you're in a bind, since Steve is more familiar with what he sells (boof or drb comes with your booth). For instance, I was at an event 20 min before starting, people are arriving. Had printer probs with the booth. I texted and ended up on the phone with Steve (I'm in Hawaii, he's in Atlanta). He remotely logs into my booth and straightens things out. Back in biz just in time. Another time I called him, he was driving to a hotel (family vacay) and he pulls over to talk me thru it....about 20 min. This guy does not sleep. He's super busy too. Lots of things in the fire for him. Beta testing software, manufacturing and supporting his booths, and still DJ-ing events and sending out booths of his own. Not to mention family time.

Printer not included, but he tells you where to get it for a good deal. And the place he gets it from, they service a lot of other companies and their customer support is good too.

About kingdom booths, don't do it. It's a franchise. You have to pay them franchise fees. And I think you can only get media from them. If a part breaks on an APB, Steve tells you where you can order it from. He doesn't want to play middleman after the sale. If you got the curtain booths, he tells you where to get rods if you lost/bent yours. Or where to get new curtains. Which screws will fit. Which camera mount to get to replace. He's a straight up kind of guy.

And the APB fb forum (private to only APB owners) is one of the friendliest and helpful communities. A lot of other groups always have bickering and bs. In the APB group, everybody is pretty much cool with each other.
Joee 6:56 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
omg. i got a sh*t ton to type. gonna try condense as much as possible. bear with me.

um. profits have been good. i bought 2 booths from APB. first was their original model (hand written serial number by steve lynch himself! #83, i think). i'm mostly a solo op so i bought my second model, the party box (party pop didn't come out yet). but yea, both are already paid off and in the green. i don't push it as much as i should but i average maybe one per month. there's a bunch of competition too and it grows each year, so yea. lots of undercutting, just like the dj biz. did a graduation party sunday and they had a booth. they had technical probs and were offline most of the night. not to mention their prints weren't aligned correctly.

can APB do social media? yes. that all depends on the software you use. at first, apb came with PhotoBoof. They have a free ipad app which handles the social media. Now you have a choice of Darkroom Booth. I can't remember if it does social media, but i'm sure there's something. DRB at first was more user friendly in creating layouts and customizing. I bought a copy but never got around to installing it. I just got more accustomed to Boof. Boof is catching up in the friendly-layout creating, but it really excels in features. Seriously, it's very flexible and very powerful. Both can do green screen, from what I've read, DRB is a bit better. I think Boof may still be more accurate in handling printing (aligning) but DRB is catching up. Just stuff I've read online since I still only use Boof.

But, feel free to install your own software. But, you won't get as much (you probably still will get some help) customer help when you're in a bind, since Steve is more familiar with what he sells (boof or drb comes with your booth). For instance, I was at an event 20 min before starting, people are arriving. Had printer probs with the booth. I texted and ended up on the phone with Steve (I'm in Hawaii, he's in Atlanta). He remotely logs into my booth and straightens things out. Back in biz just in time. Another time I called him, he was driving to a hotel (family vacay) and he pulls over to talk me thru it....about 20 min. This guy does not sleep. He's super busy too. Lots of things in the fire for him. Beta testing software, manufacturing and supporting his booths, and still DJ-ing events and sending out booths of his own. Not to mention family time.

Printer not included, but he tells you where to get it for a good deal. And the place he gets it from, they service a lot of other companies and their customer support is good too.

About kingdom booths, don't do it. It's a franchise. You have to pay them franchise fees. And I think you can only get media from them. If a part breaks on an APB, Steve tells you where you can order it from. He doesn't want to play middleman after the sale. If you got the curtain booths, he tells you where to get rods if you lost/bent yours. Or where to get new curtains. Which screws will fit. Which camera mount to get to replace. He's a straight up kind of guy.

And the APB fb forum (private to only APB owners) is one of the friendliest and helpful communities. A lot of other groups always have bickering and bs. In the APB group, everybody is pretty much cool with each other.

when you say APB you mean this one correct? www.atlantaphotobooth.com

i didn't realize king booth was a franchise that requires a franchise fee, yea thats a no go

APB is looking even better,thanks shiny do you have any info on www.inventivephotobooth.com
skinnyguy 12:40 AM - 17 June, 2015
Yes, APB = Atlanta Photo Booth.

don't know about inventive.

Only other booth I've been looking at is Instabooth...or Instaphotobooth. Open air style only but his model seems to work for him. I think his uses a windows tablet and options for web cam or dslr. Not sure about his booth customer support but support for his props have been good to me.
slimmjimm 2:28 AM - 17 June, 2015
I don't know where you're at Joee, but try soundsationsphotobooth.com. A guy I do work for sometimes has one of his booths, (as well as a few others) and Scott is a real cool guy. Join the photo booth groups on FB as well, there are some real good people on there that have helped us through some learning experiences.
Joee 2:30 AM - 17 June, 2015
^ thank you sir….i will look into soundstation
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 6:52 PM - 17 June, 2015
Hey Joee,

I have had both an enclosed and an "open air" concept booth setup and by far the most popular is the open air concept. Which is nice because it's an easier set up too. By the way, NO WAY it will cost you $100 in media per event. I have a DNP RX1 printer and I can use 1 roll of paper and 1 roll of sub dye(both are replaced at the same time) for approximately 4 to 5 events easily. Most of my receptions are an average of 200 guests. So really your cost for media is approximately $20 or so per event.

Also, I noticed you are not accounting for payment to a photo booth assistant. That will obviously take away from your profit. They are absolutely necessary and worth it. Without fail, there is usually something that happens that needs to be fixed, or paper needs replaced, etc, and if you are DJing, it is the BIGGEST pain in the ass to have to run to the booth to fix the issue. After having to help my assistant the 1st two or three events every time there was an issue while I was DJing, she has learned how to handle issues and never bothers me. I pay her $100 for 3 or 4 hour events because she gives me the luxury of never being bothered whiled trying to DJ. Easy money for her, I make an extra $600 to $700 after expenses(going rate in my area).

Last but not least, NONE of the booths I've seen come close to having that wow factor that my T20 has. Bought it from Rey at EZBooths. Quality, modern look, big screen, and just looks dope and unique, and most importantly, very reasonably priced for what you get. Since buying the T20 and using it more often instead of the photo booth shell that looks like it's in a road ready case, AT LEAST 15 guests ask for a card at each reception. Worth a look bro. Looks like they just came out with black too.

ezphotobooths.com

Damn, I sound like Joee pimpin those RCF speakers! Lol!
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 6:55 PM - 17 June, 2015
My bad, looks like I posted link for the T17 which has a smaller screen. The T20 is the same price but is way better with the 22 inch monitor. Check it...

ezphotobooths.com
Joee 6:59 PM - 17 June, 2015
^ thank you sir……..good info

so you saying that something like this is better than a booth style?
ezphotobooths.com

i did come across this one & like the look of it
www.facebook.com
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 7:07 PM - 17 June, 2015
Quote:
^ thank you sir……..good info

so you saying that something like this is better than a booth style?
ezphotobooths.com

i did come across this one & like the look of it
www.facebook.com

Yeah man but that T11 is just really small. I mean it will work and I'm not knocking anyone who has that...but it's just an entry level option. You know as well as I do that for weddings, perception plays a big part in everything from a couples stand point. I feel like with that little thing they'll feel like "oh, we paid $800 for that?" I guess size does matter. Lol!

A friend of mine actually has the one you came across that you show on the FB link. He is buying two T20s this week. He's pleased with it but once he saw my T20 he said, "well, looks like I'll be selling mine and getting a couple of T20s".

So there you have it. To each his own but why go small when you can still have ease of setup and something that will actually catch guests attention?
Joee 7:19 PM - 17 June, 2015
Quote:
Yeah man but that T11 is just really small. I mean it will work and I'm not knocking anyone who has that...but it's just an entry level option. You know as well as I do that for weddings, perception plays a big part in everything from a couples stand point. I feel like with that little thing they'll feel like "oh, we paid $800 for that?" I guess size does matter. Lol!

agreed thats the reason i like the look of this www.facebook.com

i think it looks better than the T20 ezphotobooths.com

i will say you guys have defiantly changed my mind this it the one i was originally looking @ www.inventivephotobooth.com

but even if i were to go with my original option, i would still be able to set it up open air style
KayPlaya 7:23 PM - 17 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

agreed thats the reason i like the look of this www.facebook.com

i think it looks better than the T20 ezphotobooths.com

i will say you guys have defiantly changed my mind this it the one i was originally looking @ www.inventivephotobooth.com

but even if i were to go with my original option, i would still be able to set it up open air style

I agree with you here my man. To me looks a little more professional and "expensive" if you know what I mean
DJ Guayo 7:23 PM - 17 June, 2015
Don't forget to look at the quality of the camera in the setups too. last thing you want is a dope photobooth that takes crappy pictures.
Joee 7:43 PM - 17 June, 2015
so far i'm liking these three

open air booth
soundsationsphotobooth.com

& the 21" booth & the party box booth
ral 8:14 PM - 17 June, 2015
software is just $150
dslrbooth.com

get a dslr cam $500-1000

printer $100

and an assistant who will take pics or just standby
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 8:22 PM - 17 June, 2015
^^^^^
Everything said above except I think printer price was a mistype. More like $1000 for a good printer(this is key).

Also, neva....eva.............eva eva eva eva........come round hurrr with an assistant TAKING pics. Lol! That, my friend, is NOT a photo booth.
Gio Alex 8:47 PM - 17 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

nm

"man listen"

don't go getting all JM on me…….you see i agreed with you……lol

LMAO you guys.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:04 PM - 17 June, 2015
I'll tell you what...

Them Photobooths make LOOT...
slimmjimm 2:17 AM - 18 June, 2015
What I don't like about the "Atlanta" booths is the fact that it looks like a bunch of 80/20. I realize as a DIY, it's good stuff, but not a "produced" product. Please, whatever you decide, don't get something already enclosed, unless someone is paying YOU to take it. You can easily make a "booth" with pipe and drape if your client wants something more private.
KayPlaya 8:28 AM - 18 June, 2015
The SoundStationPhotoBooth looks NICE! Gonna have to bookmark them for when I'm ready to jump into the photo booth business myself
Joee 11:38 AM - 18 June, 2015
Quote:
whatever you decide, don't get something already enclosed

i'm liking this one www.facebook.com

the 21" ATL booth actually has a curtain ……so it's open air but still gives that booth feel www.atlantaphotobooth.com
CMOS 2:45 PM - 18 June, 2015
I think that soundstation one is the one that was at my family event. Markings on the box look exactly the same if im remembering correctly.
Joee 2:56 PM - 18 June, 2015
^ yea i'm liking that one…….i think the way it's set up with the signs saying grab a prop & strike a pose is nice

no to mention the open aspect of it lets everyone see whats going on & they'll be like i want to do that making the purchaser say, that was money well spent they seem to be having fun
ral 4:09 PM - 18 June, 2015
can you photobooth guys post sample shots?
ral 5:41 PM - 18 June, 2015
here's my custom border (created before the event, around 4 hrs photoshop skills)

s7.postimg.org

s27.postimg.org

each picture frame automatically shot within 5 seconds interval

then directly printed to 4x6 (given to guests)

at the end of the night, files copied to thumbdrive to the client (no more photoshop blah blah)
Joee 5:33 PM - 14 July, 2015
this thing looks very interesting for the mobile dj very portable & east to set up

openairphotobooth.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Starjack 3:50 AM - 17 July, 2015
I have two from ATL Photo Booth and I have only had a request for a backdrop three times in 4 years. People love the drapes. They act way more silly when they are enclosed. Yes the backdrop is easy and you don't have to bring chairs with you but hands down the drapes with chairs are preferred by 98% of my clients. Great customer service with Steve at ATL too. He is awesome and that is very important when making a $7k purchase.
DJ GaFFle 1:45 PM - 17 July, 2015
Quote:
They act way more silly when they are enclosed.

I agree.
Joee 3:15 PM - 17 July, 2015
i like this look tho www.facebook.com
DJ GaFFle 4:58 PM - 18 July, 2015
Quote:
i like this look tho www.facebook.com

Me too. I'd say, don't purchase one of the ones that are super modular and can sit atop a table or anywhere. They don't give off that "I'm worth the $750 per night rental fee that Joee is charging me" look. Plus, the super modular ones look like they can be kicked around and mishandled/abused by patrons.

The one you posted looks pretty official; the enclosed/curtain ones are still my favorites.
Joee 5:32 PM - 18 July, 2015
Quote:
I'd say, don't purchase one of the ones that are super modular and can sit atop a table or anywhere. They don't give off that "I'm worth the $750 per night rental fee that Joee is charging me"

openairphotobooth.com
this is true, i was thinking it could be a cheaper option for the customer maybe $350 a night @ $100 for a media kit i would still do $250 profit

two evox's a ddj sx a gigbar some some wireless uplights the cube PB one killer little package with fast in/out

I've been researching & the original booth i posted is looking good to me all over again since it allows for multiple configurations peep www.inventivephotobooth.com

i will know next month i'm waiting for the dj expo ATL booths will be there i like the 21" www.atlantaphotobooth.com
KayPlaya 5:37 PM - 21 July, 2015
Ive been using thumbtack to try to get an understanding of what type of photo booths, (on there at least) are requested by potential clients. Since I have a while and a few other purchase to go before I get one, thought I'd start doing some research

Looks like most of the people are requesting enclosed booths. I personally like the look of the SoundStations booth the best, but can see how the ATL PhotoBooths one can be beneficial. Maybe a custom drape & pipe enclosure for the SoundStations booth to make it enclosed when needed, or backdrop when needed?
Joee 5:42 PM - 21 July, 2015
Quote:
Looks like most of the people are requesting enclosed booths

good to know ,thanks

i may do this one because it gives you the option to do open or closed www.inventivephotobooth.com
DJ GaFFle 5:43 PM - 21 July, 2015
Face it... enclosed seem better. One can act as silly as they want and not worry about onlookers knowing what they're doing. You won't know what's going on behind those closed curtains. :-)
DJ Guayo 5:45 PM - 21 July, 2015
Quote:
Face it... enclosed seem better. One can act as silly as they want and not worry about onlookers knowing what they're doing. You won't know what's going on behind those closed curtains. :-)

This must be a market thing. Here in Houston, most clients ask for the open concept. Most of the events I've worked are open concept.
Joee 5:46 PM - 21 July, 2015
Quote:

so you think it's better to not get the $300 upgraded monitor for outside? you think setup 3 is better than 1 or 2? www.inventivephotobooth.com
DJ GaFFle 6:00 PM - 21 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

so you think it's better to not get the $300 upgraded monitor for outside? you think setup 3 is better than 1 or 2? www.inventivephotobooth.com

I'm thinking #2. With the sit down thingy, you stand more of a chance of someone possibly beating it up trying to cram extra folks in the picture, standing on the seat, leaving food or drinks on it, etc. I'm no expert on these... just my opinion.
DJ VEE 6:27 PM - 21 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

For $300, for sure get the outdoor rated monitor. If I'm reading this correctly, it seems like a small price to pay so you can cover all situations. You might regret not spending $300 and having to tell a client that you can't set this up outside or something. My two cents.
Joee 6:56 PM - 21 July, 2015
Quote:
For $300, for sure get the outdoor rated monitor. If I'm reading this correctly, it seems like a small price to pay so you can cover all situations. You might regret not spending $300 and having to tell a client that you can't set this up outside or something. My two cents.

i defiantly want the external monitor , was just asking based off this

Quote:
Looks like most of the people are requesting enclosed booths.

Quote:

if you have a monitor seems like the inclosed booth doesn't mater cause you can see whats going on inside
DJ VEE 7:02 PM - 21 July, 2015
Ah, got it.
KayPlaya 8:27 PM - 21 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

if you have a monitor seems like the inclosed booth doesn't mater cause you can see whats going on inside

From the looks of the Inventive booth, it is just a slide show of pictures taken before, not necessarily a real time monitor of whats going on in the booth
Joee 8:44 PM - 21 July, 2015
ahhhh…….i see nice
DJ GaFFle 8:53 PM - 21 July, 2015
Quote:

I would think you'd be able to turn this off/on.
DJ Guayo 12:17 PM - 22 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I would think you'd be able to turn this off/on.

Or have it scroll through pictures taken through out the night.
Joee 6:49 PM - 29 July, 2015
show of hands here, i'm trying to decide on the color

do you think the black booth looks better?
s1285.photobucket.com

or do you like the white one better?
s1285.photobucket.com

i'm seriously considering this booth as it lets you set up inclosed or open style
s1285.photobucket.com
DJ Guayo 6:59 PM - 29 July, 2015
Black... easier to keep clean.
Joee 7:04 PM - 29 July, 2015
out of 3 you are the 3 person to vote black

i think i'm going black that was quick……lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:54 PM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
@Joee I bet Remix wants you to get the white one

LMAO!

Now THAT was funny....
Joee 7:57 PM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
@Joee I bet Remix wants you to get the white one

hahahahahaahahaha
DJ GaFFle 9:33 PM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
out of 3 you are the 3 person to vote black

i think i'm going black that was quick……lol

Go white... think weddings. You can't go wrong though with either; I like this particular 4-in-1 model.
Joee 9:38 PM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
Go white... think weddings.

i did think about that, but i like how the black is all black vs the white being , white silver & black

Quote:
I like this particular 4-in-1 model.

thats what has me about this one
slimmjimm 10:19 PM - 29 July, 2015
White. The brides eat it up.
raedonquan 3:52 AM - 30 July, 2015
joee

i have the ezphotobooth ts200 with the 21.5" screen option.

the myth that you need a high dollar camera is all wrong... the photo is only 300 x 300 dpi

people have used a logitech c920 hd camera and used ipad camera's photo booths

the ipad photobooth run ISit look in the appstore for it isitkiosk.com

hop on to if your a DIY kinda a guy

www.facebook.com

and then join

www.facebook.com

alot of very good info on those 2 pages

dont forget you need props and the folks love props then a proper backdrop

i bought an empty shell and bought all the other stuff online and save a bundle finding deals

the software i use is Darkroom Booth

www.darkroomsoftware.com

it has a built in layout maker no Photoshop skills needed

there are no true mac software for photobooths at the moment

pm me if you need more info.... and i have gotten more work with the photobooth then the dj side
Joee 12:33 PM - 30 July, 2015
thank you sir
raedonquan 1:11 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
software is just $150
dslrbooth.com

get a dslr cam $500-1000

printer $100

and an assistant who will take pics or just standby

correction Dye Sub Printer starts at $799 and up

the printer price your quoting is a Canon Selphy printer ... while yes it is doable the down side is print time and you dont need your booth jammed up when guest are waiting for prints and can only make 60 prints a clip. and cost per print is higher

a DNP rx1 per print is about 17cents
KayPlaya 12:25 AM - 2 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Go white... think weddings.

i did think about that, but i like how the black is all black vs the white being , white silver & black

I'm checking out the site now. says you can choose the curtain, backdrop and bench top color. So if you go white (which is what I would do) you can choose white for the above three choices
raedonquan 12:42 AM - 2 August, 2015
if you get one of the t20 style or powder coated PB you can always bust out a wrap for it
Joee 2:08 PM - 18 August, 2015
after seeing this @ the dj expo yourcityphotobooth.com it's now my front runner i really like it

anyone have experience with your city booths?
slimmjimm 3:53 PM - 18 August, 2015
Front to back, the base looks fine, but side to side looks sketch.
Joee 3:55 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:

you think? the side was one of the things i like Watchwww.youtube.com
slimmjimm 4:00 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

you think? the side was one of the things i like Watchwww.youtube.com

I meant the base stability.
Joee 4:04 PM - 18 August, 2015
got you
KayPlaya 4:24 PM - 18 August, 2015
Inventive still looks llke the best option for me
Joee 4:27 PM - 18 August, 2015
i got rid of my honda crosstour & purchase a acura tlx, so portability is a must for me

even tho invetive can be carried in a sedan i'm not sure
raedonquan 7:08 PM - 18 August, 2015
Don't forget the props and the backdrop setup... the yourcity mini is nice.....

Is there any proprietary software and printer paper you buy from them...
Joee 7:14 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
Is there any proprietary software and printer paper you buy from them...

i think it's universal get it anywhere? altho i have heard of one company wanting you to buy media kits from them
DJ GaFFle 11:43 PM - 18 August, 2015
Man, that thing looks the definition of sketchy. Not only the base, but the top they just laid on top of the other piece. Seems like a house of cards to me. I know you're all about portability but have you considered a giggly teenager bumping up against this thing? Or some drunk patron? Printer on the floor... no. Some of those others you posted seem like a much better solution (eg: 4-in-1)
Joee 11:47 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
I know you're all about portability

lol…….i really need portable now……it will be going a acura tlx

i'm also looking @ the tower…..you are right about the mini, dude moved it a few inches just putting some wires in

maybe the bas isn't that good
DJ Dynamight 4:44 PM - 4 September, 2015
I saw this photo booth at a wedding gig yesterday....didn't have time to check it out though

www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com
Joee 5:28 PM - 4 September, 2015
I've been considering this on simple because a changed my ride, i need portability now

yourcityphotobooth.com

@DJ GaFFle nice avatar dude… i'm back to be able to Drive like i did in my my 5 series……haha
DJ GaFFle 6:04 PM - 4 September, 2015
Quote:
I saw this photo booth at a wedding gig yesterday....didn't have time to check it out though

www.dropbox.com

Seems like you might as well just have a camera on a tripod with photobooths built like this.
DJ GaFFle 6:05 PM - 4 September, 2015
Quote:
I've been considering this on simple because a changed my ride, i need portability now

yourcityphotobooth.com

@DJ GaFFle nice avatar dude… i'm back to be able to Drive like i did in my my 5 series……haha

Thanx. My SUV isn't very conservative when it comes to gas. Gotta switch it up sometimes.
phonze 7:52 PM - 4 September, 2015
Can't believe I never caught this thread. Great info guys. I was looking into this a year ago and it just got put on the back burner. I guess I was too scared :)
jsupyank 8:26 PM - 5 October, 2015
I've been seriously considering this company as they offer both traditional photo booths, photo stands and financing. Their big pitch is that they are selling more than just a photo booth.

buy.thetravelingphotobooth.com

Waaaay too many options out there.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:00 PM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:

yourcityphotobooth.com

did you get it? how much did it cost?
DJenvy 12:10 PM - 18 March, 2016
Any follow up on the prices? found some on www.firebooth.com
Joee 1:05 PM - 18 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

yourcityphotobooth.com

it took me 9 months but i finally got it, i decided on the inventive booth because it can be used as a open air or closed style booth

most importantly it fits in a 4 door sedan & i got a great deal someone was selling it locally i paid $3,600 with two media kits & props

s1285.photobucket.com
Joee 7:58 PM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
[post removed]

your website has shells only for $1,700, not exactly cheap when you factor in all components still have to be purchased
Taipanic 2:40 PM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yourcityphotobooth.com

it took me 9 months but i finally got it, i decided on the inventive booth because it can be used as a open air or closed style booth

most importantly it fits in a 4 door sedan & i got a great deal someone was selling it locally i paid $3,600 with two media kits & props

s1285.photobucket.com

Might be time to invest in a small trailer?
Joee 4:23 PM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:
Might be time to invest in a small trailer?

i transported it in a 2015 honda accord with room to spare …….lol
djmofasa 8:49 PM - 10 October, 2016
I found one that breaks down into smaller pieces. Those work the best incase I have to send someone.
Check out photoboothint.com I got the Pbi11
djmofasa 8:55 PM - 10 October, 2016
They also have a good tech support team photoboothint.com
Joee 9:12 PM - 10 October, 2016
Quote:
I found one that breaks down into smaller pieces. Those work the best incase I have to send someone.

i'm actually considering buying that same one

i already purchased a inflatable glow booth, i get the one you mentioned and i'll have two photo booths only 7 months after my first, business is good :)
Dj_Nix 9:47 PM - 10 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

i'm actually considering buying that same one

i already purchased a inflatable glow booth, i get the one you mentioned and i'll have two photo booths only 7 months after my first, business is good :)

How do you get your business/advertise? I'm making the plunge this month and I'm nervous as shit I'm gonna lose my bread.
Joee 10:01 PM - 10 October, 2016
Quote:
How do you get your business/advertise? I'm making the plunge this month and I'm nervous as shit I'm gonna lose my bread.

been djing for 20+ years i just added to my services no advertising needed for me, i already have the clientele

you can get a full photo booth setup for under $3k, it pays for itself pretty quick

i have this the 5995 one www.inventivephotobooth.com

i just purchased this www.amazon.com

you can get something like this shell only for around $1,000 www.photoboothhub.com

add the components and software & you have a booth for less than $3,000, do not hesitate ,it's the best investment I've made to date , it will pay for itself
KayPlaya 11:51 PM - 10 October, 2016
Quote:

I'm in the same boat. Probably won't be doing this month but I'm already nervous about it. I'm leaning on that inventive booth that does the 4 in 1
raedonquan 2:43 AM - 13 October, 2016
if
Quote:
Quote:

I'm in the same boat. Probably won't be doing this month but I'm already nervous about it. I'm leaning on that inventive booth that does the 4 in 1

if you know how to market there should be no problem.......

i did a few charity events like breast cancer awareness for 2hr. and got a lot of contacts that way..... what did i lose nothing but my time and maybe about $20 in paper.

ended up with 3 gigs 2 including dj

know your software in and out before you even go out to an event..... dont leave your computer to do a window update automatically..

know your camera settings, each may be different depending on the lighting.

being cheap here on equipment will definately lead to failure. but you dont have to buy top of the line stuff

join all the facebook groups on photobooths.... they are help full people
DJWASHDOWN 5:05 AM - 3 February, 2017
So fast forward to today.... how did everyone's Photo Booth expansion workout?

What unit did you invest in?

Was it worth the investment?

Did clients rent as an add on?

Did they rent as a standalone photobooth?

Was it hard to find staff?

Edit & share the pictures?

Just curious, as i'm going through the same expansion now.

I appreciate any comments!
Joee 5:25 PM - 6 February, 2017
Quote:
So fast forward to today.... how did everyone's Photo Booth expansion workout?

What unit did you invest in?

Was it worth the investment?

Did clients rent as an add on?

Did they rent as a standalone photobooth?

Was it hard to find staff?

Edit & share the pictures?

Just curious, as i'm going through the same expansion now.

I appreciate any comments!

best investment I've made, it paid for it self in 4 months ,i now have a second
Photoworks 11:55 AM - 12 September, 2017
Well, Photo-booth is the best way to engage your friends and relatives in party or wedding.
There are so many types of photo booth available with different prices. Some photo-booth companies charge extra for wedding theme or any party theme. You should have contact 3 to 4 photo-booth rental companies before hiring any one.

Well, You can look at this to explore more

www.photoworksinteractive.com
Leland3 2:48 AM - 28 January, 2019
Anyone have any more recent thoughts on Kingdom enclosed booths?
raedonquan 1:03 PM - 28 January, 2019
Quote:
Anyone have any more recent thoughts on Kingdom enclosed booths?

from what i hear they are good booths..... there also seems be a a shift to ipad style photobooths now... because of gifs, text, and email, (which can still be done on a dslr type photoboot)
Captured Photobooths 6:42 AM - 10 June, 2019
Photo booth rental is a great way to send everyone home with unique memories of your event.
There are so many types of photo booth available with different prices. Some photo booth companies charge extra for wedding theme or any party theme. You should have contact 3 to 4 photo-booth rental companies before hiring any one.

Well, You can look at this to explore more

capturedpb.com
Galchobhar 6:54 AM - 20 August, 2019
It is always better to have digital copy of you photographs. I scanned my old photos and now all my memories are safe and easy to access and share with my friends and family. Thanks
copymachinereviews.com
Shilpye 11:44 AM - 1 November, 2019
I would like to share my personal experience here, Last month I had a baby shower party for my newborn baby boy and we hired BAM photo booth rentals in the bay area. Initially, it was an uphill task for me to select the best out of many photo booth providers in Bay Area, but luckily my friend helped me out in this. I must say that they are very professional guys.

The whole event was managed by them in a very professional manner, attendants were educative and I loved the mirror booths which they had set up. Mark and the team did an amazing job at our global event in August! The team had a great time and everything was PERFECT!!!!!!

Mark did a great job of setting expectations and they were met and exceeded! The dealers were great at teaching people how to play the different games and I even caught them cleaning up our office space at different points throughout the evening. I couldn't recommend them more. Thanks, BAM team!

bamphotobooths.com
577er 1:49 PM - 1 November, 2019
Quote:
I would like to share my personal experience here, Last month I had a baby shower party for my newborn baby boy and we hired BAM photo booth rentals in the bay area. Initially, it was an uphill task for me to select the best out of many photo booth providers in Bay Area, but luckily my friend helped me out in this. I must say that they are very professional guys.

The whole event was managed by them in a very professional manner, attendants were educative and I loved the mirror booths which they had set up. Mark and the team did an amazing job at our global event in August! The team had a great time and everything was PERFECT!!!!!!

Mark did a great job of setting expectations and they were met and exceeded! The dealers were great at teaching people how to play the different games and I even caught them cleaning up our office space at different points throughout the evening. I couldn't recommend them more. Thanks, BAM team!

bamphotobooths.com

- This message brought to you by the BAM Team's painfully obvious marking department LLC.
OCLEDScreens 12:02 AM - 3 June, 2020
We're looking to expand our Photobooth options for our ocledscreens.com LED Screen Rental business. Is anyone familiar with the best setup to go with? Looking to integrate with an LED backdrop if possible.