DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

A few new routines, 1 with a 62 filter knob mod

Vekked 10:37 AM - 14 May, 2015
Posted 3 new vids the last week or so, figured I'd drop em here as well:

Guitar routine with my "Fader Knob" mod

Watchwww.youtube.com

Greatest Ever routine, simulating a "3 deck" routine

Watchwww.youtube.com

Red Hot Chili Peppers/Stickybuds routine, rocking some exclusive Stanton Str8-150 features

Watchwww.youtube.com

Let me know what you think guys! Peace!
Joee 1:45 PM - 14 May, 2015
dope!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:54 PM - 14 May, 2015
Nice!
Vekked 9:39 PM - 14 May, 2015
Thanks for peeping guys!
DJ Dynamight 10:03 PM - 14 May, 2015
Wicked!
AKIEM 10:22 PM - 14 May, 2015
Dope!

What exactly is the filter knob mod?
Gio Alex 10:23 PM - 14 May, 2015
Sicccck!
 6 11:05 PM - 14 May, 2015
Superb!

nm
Vekked 11:13 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
Dope!

It's pretty simple, it's just a knob with a lever on it basically. The advantage is that it feels a lot closer to a crossfader so I can actually do transforms, flares, stabs on it at a decent speed. I can cut on it about as well as I can cut on the upfaders, except it's filtering out the sound instead of lowering volume, and when you crank the resonance you get a "wah" effect like the one I got here (I could have put it up even more but the problem with using the filter as a wah pedal is that it isn't meant to be one so you can't change the volume of the wah, so when the resonance is cranked it gets too loud/piercing so I had to back it off a bit). There's also other stuff you can do with it, I might do another video with it to show you can do more complex cuts using it. Pretty fun!
AKIEM 11:20 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Dope!

It's pretty simple, it's just a knob with a lever on it basically. The advantage is that it feels a lot closer to a crossfader so I can actually do transforms, flares, stabs on it at a decent speed. I can cut on it about as well as I can cut on the upfaders, except it's filtering out the sound instead of lowering volume, and when you crank the resonance you get a "wah" effect like the one I got here (I could have put it up even more but the problem with using the filter as a wah pedal is that it isn't meant to be one so you can't change the volume of the wah, so when the resonance is cranked it gets too loud/piercing so I had to back it off a bit). There's also other stuff you can do with it, I might do another video with it to show you can do more complex cuts using it. Pretty fun!

Can you post a photo, that would be good.
Vekked 11:31 AM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:

I can but you can pretty much see it in the video, it's literally a knob with a flat handle out the side to grip. I originally just wanted to attach a fader knob to the filter knob haha.
AKIEM 1:19 PM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I can but you can pretty much see it in the video, it's literally a knob with a flat handle out the side to grip. I originally just wanted to attach a fader knob to the filter knob haha.

Ok. Now I understand what it is. But I still cant really see the actual mod done.
ral 1:24 PM - 15 May, 2015
dope!
Vekked 2:10 PM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok. Now I understand what it is. But I still cant really see the actual mod done.

It's the big silver metal thing on the mixer in the first vid
AKIEM 5:12 PM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's the big silver metal thing on the mixer in the first vid

Um... yes, I see a little 'white thing' which looks like a plastic spoon or whatever glued on the knob.

nice :)
Mighty Dragon Sounds 9:00 AM - 16 May, 2015
Nice!