Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

"Mark as played" - unmark for individual or selected tracks

Matt Allcock 1:54 AM - 6 May, 2015
When we play a song it goes Blue to indicate that it has been played. I'd like to select one song that I decided not to play and make that individual track turn white again in the library, without marking ALL of the tracks I have played as white.

Maybe this can be done by selecting individual or multiple tracks and dragging onto the "mark as played" button.
DJ Compiler 2:35 AM - 6 May, 2015
+1 but I feel like it makes more sense to drag them to the clear history button.
Matt Allcock 2:41 AM - 6 May, 2015
My bad, that was the button I was thinking of - the "Clear" button under the History tab.
sfalta 11:10 AM - 7 May, 2015
+1 definitely
Riko Roos 1:37 PM - 7 May, 2015
+1 with one exception: I don't want to open History to see the "Mark as unplayed" button. It should be in the library without any open panels...
musiclee 1:56 PM - 7 May, 2015
How about a right-click, mark as unplayed
Highlight a bunch, right click, mark as unplayed
Riko Roos 9:23 AM - 8 May, 2015
˄

wouldn't this be the first right click available?
D Jay Cee 7:59 AM - 9 May, 2015
+1 AND

Want the option to clear one track at a time....just the color.
I would like items to stay in my history list but I want the color to go back to white. I have gigs so often sometimes that I don't have time to review my history but I don't want a bunch of blue songs in my next set list.
Justin James 4:38 PM - 14 May, 2015
bump this re one at a time..
Mr Wilks 11:28 PM - 14 May, 2015
+1

I hate it that the offline mode marks as played even though it's only been loaded. This screws up my workflow.

Is it a bug?
Justin James 12:05 AM - 15 May, 2015
yeah That, what Mr Wilks said!!
D Jay Cee 12:25 AM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:
+1

I hate it that the offline mode marks as played even though it's only been loaded. This screws up my workflow.

Is it a bug?

+1
Dj Ed (jfsr) 11:18 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
+1

Is it a bug?

+1
DJ Jazzy-Lu 2:56 PM - 7 June, 2015
+1. This wont get fixed, I ask basically the same thing a few years ago and nothing happen
Cuervo 1:54 PM - 23 August, 2015
Would be nice if Serato let us play one track without going blue, so we can set cue points or loops, i am adding music every week and all my tracks are blue but i do not want to hit the clear history button.

Serato let us play the tracks for at least 30 seconds without going blue (green in my case SSL) sometimes you drag a track to the virtual deck even if you play it for one secod it turns green, give us 30 seconds please.

+1
grkdre 1:33 AM - 25 August, 2015
+1

I'm constantly going through my history and erasing tracks that I didn't actually play, but just cued. I hit clear once and was so frustrated that I lost the highlighting of the tracks I played!
Grimpeur 11:53 AM - 25 August, 2015
+1 Very logic!!! Should have been in there since the beginning. (it's like constructing something that can move without adding something which stops it)
Grimpeur 11:53 AM - 25 August, 2015
+1 Very logic!!! Should have been in there since the beginning. (it's like constructing something that can move without adding something which stops it)
Grimpeur 12:44 PM - 25 August, 2015
I think I also found a little omission in the website...... Only sent the post once...
Guess I have more than 1 account/profiles or whatever..
Grimpeur 12:44 PM - 25 August, 2015
I think I also found a little omission in the website...... Only sent the post once...
Guess I have more than 1 account/profiles or whatever..
denats 4:09 AM - 4 February, 2019
+1
Cjcab305 7:19 PM - 8 February, 2019
Looks like it's been a while and no "action" on this...

+1 FWIW...
grkdre 9:09 PM - 8 March, 2019
4 years and still no traction? Imagine if one of the competing applications had this feature...

Oh wait, Virtual had this years ago?! Must be difficult to code then :-/
djcoma1200 9:38 PM - 24 May, 2019
+1 to not mark tracks as played in offline mode (seriously, come on!)
+1 for option to mark selected tracks as unplayed (at least with this option we could manually work around the previously mentioned request)
Cjcab305 8:30 PM - 27 October, 2019
I think this would be the first feature/function to be added to a "right click" function in Serato! Oh wait...there is no 'right click' function anywhere in Serato... hint, hint ;)
Res-Q 9:41 PM - 27 October, 2019
The whole "mark as played" system needs to be redone properly

- The ability to unmark is a must.
- The way play count works is lame: if you load a track and move the fader up, the track is marked as played. Tracks should be marked as played when the track is ejected and replaced by a track on the other player.
Res-Q 11:30 PM - 3 January, 2020
Quote:
- The way play count works is lame: if you load a track and move the fader up, the track is marked as played. Tracks should be marked as played when the track is ejected and replaced by a track on the other player.

New year bump +1
AKIEM 4:44 AM - 9 January, 2020
Quote:
The whole "mark as played" system needs to be redone properly

- The ability to unmark is a must.

how it should have been done + unmark per song

sigh