Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

50 ft HDMI Cable

FunkyRob 4:38 AM - 12 April, 2015
So yesterday during testing my early 2011 macbook pro connected fine with a mini-dvi to HDMI adapter with no issues.

Today another story.

Computer doesn't seem to realize that I am connecting anything. 3 different adapters and still the same thing.

Before you go thinking something is wrong with my adapters, the same 50 HDMI cable works fine on my older 2008 Macbook Pro using DVI adapters. So I had to use my backup computer today.

when I get home those same 3 mini DVI to HDMI adapters work fine with a shorter 25ft HDMI cable on my 2011 macbook pro.

I'm so confused.
Code:E 10:11 AM - 12 April, 2015
Should be easy to explain. The video card in your 2011 doesnt have as much gain as the 2008. 50 foot and longer cables have cause me lots of issues in the past. even with my 2013 mac book. So the best fix I have found is to always use HDMI to ethernet adaptors that are powered at both ends (every important that they are powered at both ends). Or use a HDMI splitter with really high gain. I use some cheap Mono prices ones that seem to work well.

I think it's all in the cable. Dont rely on anything over a 25 foot HDMI cable to work every time.
I will be honest I could be wrong I have not tried every little fix possible. I'm just giving you my experience. Hope it helps.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:45 PM - 12 April, 2015
Yup I use the same thing, HDMI over Ethernet and powered at both ends. Been using it for the past year and haven't had any problems.
FunkyRob 6:07 PM - 13 April, 2015
Thanks guys, can you give me some links? I'm looking on monoprice and seeing too many choices.

To me "Ethernet" means a CAT6 or CAT5E network cable.
Code:E 7:39 PM - 13 April, 2015
Something liek these.

www.monoprice.com