DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

GTD Audio Wireless Microphone System

JDforKing 1:20 AM - 10 April, 2015
I bought this system (link below) a while ago and i must say it has worked extremely well for me. I know many people are skeptical because it's not a known brand but i must say the sound quality is fantastic and the price is even better. I ended up getting an additional hand held and lapel and use them for wedding ceremonies and receptions almost every weekend.

www.ebay.com
pdidy 3:24 AM - 10 April, 2015
Every now and then there's a fluke, lucky or improbable occurrence in dj gear and GTD Audio Wireless Microphone System are what i consider one of them. Its one of the only cheap pieces of gear I own but I do recommend. Compared to my 3 industry standard shure sm58 www.shure.com, they sound pretty much the same to me.

I've owned this one for a year now and it works great. (4 mics for the price of 1 shure wireless :)
www.amazon.com
DJ GaFFle 12:43 PM - 10 April, 2015
Thanx for reposting this. GTD is a cheapo mic that always gets solid reviews from DJs. I don't think I recall seeing a bad review of them. I need an 'extra' portable setup and I may just get this for emergency situations.
Coltrane09 3:09 PM - 10 April, 2015
Would anyone consider the Shure BLX288 dual handheld wireless mic system? Although it's a Shure, I'm skeptical about a system without any antennas. I am a Sennheiser wireless guy, but a while ago I was checking out the GTD system PDidy pointed out and the Shure BLX288 for a event.
pdidy 5:32 PM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
In both outside/inside scenarios, how far can you walk away from the reciever before you hear a delay or the audio breaks up?

ive never known "delay" to be an issue with any wireless mic system and theres none with this system.

ive personally tested the system at 100ft indoor and 200 ft outdoors with no audio breakup but im sure these numbers will vary depending on location.
Event Design Lab 3:06 AM - 6 April, 2016
I have used the GTD G-787H, their top of the line model for $329 for 4 years now and find the handheld mics sound excellent, you can make the body packs with the over the ears mic sound decent with good eq capabilities on your board; ie Behringer X32 Rack and not a fan of the lapel mic they ship with, although I am not a big lapel mic fan in the first place. And at just $36 to replace the mic when a client drops one on the ground, it is the perfect wireless system for dj's who gig a lot of events where the clients are getting drunker as the night goes on.
pdidy 3:55 AM - 6 April, 2016
Quote:
I have used the GTD G-787H, their top of the line model for $329 for 4 years now and find the handheld mics sound excellent, you can make the body packs with the over the ears mic sound decent with good eq capabilities on your board; ie Behringer X32 Rack and not a fan of the lapel mic they ship with, although I am not a big lapel mic fan in the first place. And at just $36 to replace the mic when a client drops one on the ground, it is the perfect wireless system for dj's who gig a lot of events where the clients are getting drunker as the night goes on.

thats the same set I have www.amazon.com
Jon-Paul Evans 6:47 AM - 12 October, 2017
shame these are in 600 mhz freq - that will be banned in 2020. I'll keep my eye out for a 500 freq line. 500 should be god for years to come, right?
Manny C dot com 7:03 PM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
shame these are in 600 mhz freq - that will be banned in 2020. I'll keep my eye out for a 500 freq line. 500 should be god for years to come, right?

When was the last time you heard about a mobile DJ getting in trouble for using a wireless mic system with a frequency that has been banned? This could POSSIBLY become an issue for permanent installations, but a mobile DJ will use it in one location for a few hours, and then be gone before anyone would discover him (much less, do anything about it).
HK1200 7:14 PM - 3 March, 2018
I'd be more worried about whatever is now utilizing those frequencies interfering with the mics during the event.
JeffaToday 2:30 AM - 19 December, 2018
The latest specs I see (December 2018) are 550MHz - 590MHz, so it appears they've updated this model. I hope. If anyone has purchased one of these recently, can you verify that the unit is not operating in the 600MHz range that the FCC is banning for this use (www.fcc.gov)
Culprit 3:09 AM - 20 December, 2018
Quote:
Would anyone consider the Shure BLX288 dual handheld wireless mic system? Although it's a Shure, I'm skeptical about a system without any antennas. I am a Sennheiser wireless guy, but a while ago I was checking out the GTD system PDidy pointed out and the Shure BLX288 for a event.

I use shure blx288 quite often
Jon-Paul Evans 10:37 AM - 21 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I use shure blx288 quite often

How is the handling noise on them?
Culprit 4:35 PM - 21 December, 2018
No issues really
MexiKanMan 4:33 AM - 6 May, 2019
I Have a GTD Wireless mic system and the power cord has become frayed. When finding a replacement cord, what specs should I look out for? Is there an issue w/ buying a replacement cord w/ "too much" power? If there is such thing?

I know the common sense thing would be to look at the same specs and match them but just wondering if there may be something else to consider?
JDforKing 11:37 AM - 6 May, 2019
Here you go

gtdaudio.net
Culprit 9:52 PM - 6 May, 2019
Quote:
I Have a GTD Wireless mic system and the power cord has become frayed. When finding a replacement cord, what specs should I look out for? Is there an issue w/ buying a replacement cord w/ "too much" power? If there is such thing?

I know the common sense thing would be to look at the same specs and match them but just wondering if there may be something else to consider?

I saw a shure power plug get fried when we had a minor power outage. Make sure you ad a surge protector, not just a power strip, in between your wall socket and your wireless microphone kit.
HighTopFade 9:49 AM - 30 December, 2019
Anyone try using extension cable for their antennas? I'd like to hide the receiver under the booth table and relocate the antennas where there is a better line of sight.