DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer DJM 909

DJ Remix Detroit 6:33 PM - 7 April, 2015
Found a really, really, super good deal on a used DJM 909 in great condition. For the price, I'd really like to grab it.

I've tried to search the forum, but as we all know (like other things), the search function on this forum has gone to shit.

Anybody have any personal experience with the 909, that they could share?
Mr. Goodkat 7:06 PM - 7 April, 2015
yeah, i saw one with obo, what are these things going for in good to very good condition?
Gio Alex 7:10 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Found a really, really, super good deal on a used DJM 909 in great condition. For the price, I'd really like to grab it.

I've tried to search the forum, but as we all know (like other things), the search function on this forum has gone to shit.

Anybody have any personal experience with the 909, that they could share?

I'm about to sell my 707 and 909 for a great deal and in excellent condition. I love the HELL out of those mixers. Probably one of my favorite scrathc mixers ever. Heavy build quality. Lots of flexibility. Not the best sound in the world but they're great. My only real gripe was the tap button on one being finicky which happens to all of them actually.
DJ Remix Detroit 7:21 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Not the best sound in the world but they're great

which one? because everything I've read about the 909 (in the last hour) has stated the 909 has really superb sound quality, with real vinyl.
DJ Remix Detroit 7:22 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
i saw one with obo, what are these things going for in good to very good condition?

i have no idea, but $400 seems like a very good price... in good condition and everything working.
Gio Alex 7:27 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Not the best sound in the world but they're great

which one? because everything I've read about the 909 (in the last hour) has stated the 909 has really superb sound quality, with real vinyl.

The 909. I used it with vinyl as well. Actually most of my mixers, I used with vinyl. I didn't say it was bad. You might not even notice anything to be honest.

Quote:
Quote:
i saw one with obo, what are these things going for in good to very good condition?

i have no idea, but $400 seems like a very good price... in good condition and everything working.

400 is great! I'm selling mine for 450 and some dude offered me 500.
DJ Remix Detroit 7:36 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
The 909. I used it with vinyl as well. Actually most of my mixers, I used with vinyl. I didn't say it was bad. You might not even notice anything to be honest.

ok, cool.

Quote:

yeah, I know Jazzy Jeff really repped the 909 and spoke very highly about it. In one video, he said he owned 10 of them...lol
Gio Alex 7:40 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

ok, cool.

Quote:

yeah, I know Jazzy Jeff really repped the 909 and spoke very highly about it. In one video, he said he owned 10 of them...lol

It truly was a genius invention. The DJM-t1 could've been a major update but they left out the FX loop option.
Haha yeah I almost owned two as well but the weight of that joint for traveling is ridic! I figured between the 707, 909, 57 and all other pro dj mixers I was good.
AKIEM 8:30 PM - 7 April, 2015
Effects on the 909 were dope - better than the 57. First time I actually tried one happened to be Jazzy Jeff's - opening
Gio Alex 8:35 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Effects on the 909 were dope - better than the 57

Never thought that was a fair comparison because you can actually touch and change your FX on the 909 without external software. The 57 hardware FX always bugged me. :/
DJ Remix Detroit 8:36 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Effects on the 909 were dope - better than the 57. First time I actually tried one happened to be Jazzy Jeff's - opening

how'd the crossfader feel?

I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow, but my plan is to slap an innofader in it anyway
DJ Remix Detroit 8:37 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Effects on the 909 were dope

i was watching a video on youtube earlier that showed the fx being triggered by dropping the line faders... i thought that was pretty bad ass
Gio Alex 8:40 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

how'd the crossfader feel?

I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow, but my plan is to slap an innofader in it anyway

Amazing! you can adjust the tension which is great. I liked the stock fader but some prefer an innofader.
Chris Deluxe 8:49 PM - 7 April, 2015
It's one of my favorite mixers, really solid, and the stock crossfader is perfect. $400 is a great deal.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:53 PM - 7 April, 2015
things to check would be noisy pots and line faders,

i need to replace some like the booth monitor pot makes a staticy noise when you fiddle with it,

also had some issues with ch1 fader but nothing taking it apart and cleaning the contact rails didn't resolve,

the optiical fader is easily opened and the rails are real eassy toclean

common issues with the djm 909 but are fixable are the bank select buttons, they are a snug fit and if dirt or dust get in around the button it sticks making it hard to select the other banks as if just goes back to the previous bank, while i had mine apart cleaning i also filed down around the housing for the buttons i havent had anny issues since
DJ Dynamight 9:09 PM - 7 April, 2015
I sold my 909 for $600 when the 57 came out. About 5 years after that I bought a 909 for $500 from my boy because I missed it. I thew an innofader in in there and that made it even better.

It's a heavy mixer. I've actually never done any gigs with it though, it stays at the crib. As far as sound quality is concerned, no complaints here.

The only issue I've run in to is sometimes the touch screen doesn't respond. You have to hit the on screen buttons a certain way for it to register. And sometimes switching FX banks takes a few presses, maybe the buttons need to be cleaned. I have my favorite fx saved to the 1st bank so I hardly change banks anyway.

I think the fader controlled FX is a pretty dope feature.
DJ Irv 9:26 PM - 7 April, 2015
I'm shocked Pioneer has yet to update the 909 with a dual USB soundcard and re-release it. I was looking on one one eBay the other day but, I just can't find the time fix the few minor issues with it. The 909 is a great candidate for Denon DS1 retrofit.
Gio Alex 9:34 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
I'm shocked Pioneer has yet to update the 909 with a dual USB soundcard and re-release it. I was looking on one one eBay the other day but, I just can't find the time fix the few minor issues with it. The 909 is a great candidate for Denon DS1 retrofit.

They seem to not be focusing on Turntablist and focused more on edm based mixers. You gotta remember when it came out every mixer company was competing to make the next best batter mixer. Even whack companies had great scratch mixers. It was the trendy thing at the time.
DonKimbert 6:17 PM - 13 June, 2018
Am in the process of buying a #Pioneer DJM 909 and i have a pair of Numark v7. can anyone tell me if the mixer can be hook with the v7 before buying it. i have no problem using one side.

Kmarcelin85@gmail.com if someone can help
dj_soo 9:18 PM - 13 June, 2018
V7 acts like a player where the laptop is connected directly to the unit and outputs audio. You can use it with any audio mixer including the 909.