Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato 1.7.3 only shows one deck

DJ Rocari 12:18 AM - 9 March, 2015
I am running serato 1.7.3 using Connectiv from M-audio as sound card and a Macbook Pro running Yosemite but Serato shows only one deck, i cannot figure out where deck b is.. thanks
DJ Rocari 12:53 AM - 9 March, 2015
I also just downloaded Serato DJ Intro 1.2.4 but it gives me the same problem, only one deck ...
DJ Rocari 2:36 AM - 9 March, 2015
in other words, I can load songs and listen to them perfectly with Serato and Connectiv but ONLY with ONE player available.. :(
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 2:38 AM - 17 March, 2015
Hey DJ Rocari,

You need a piece of Serato supported hardware to run Serato DJ.

You can check out a list of supported hardware over here - serato.com

Hope this helps!
DJ 351 9:21 AM - 17 May, 2016
I Connect my numark mixtrack pro3 and it still only show 1 deck
DJ 351 9:24 AM - 17 May, 2016
Can any one help with why the software only show one deck even with my numark mtp 3 connected?
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 10:35 AM - 17 May, 2016
Hey DJ 351,

What type of computer are you using?
DJ 351 5:20 PM - 17 May, 2016
Dell Laptop with windows 7/64 500GB hard drive
DJ 351 5:33 PM - 17 May, 2016
It's working with Serato DJ intro 1.2.7 but when I upgrade to the 14 day free trial 1.9.1 it only show 1 deck I also had a problem with spotify I think they was trying to share the same usb connection for the soundcard and they can't mixtrack pro 3 would take over and no sound would work for spotify, that problem I can fix its not having deck 2 is my main problem.

I guess I have to go back to SDJ 1.2.7 to used both decks?
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 10:28 PM - 17 May, 2016
Hi there,

You should be able to use both Spotify and Serato DJ - however if it is possible I would not recommend using them at the same time.

Take a look at this article - support.serato.com - paying particular attention to the 'Check the Audio Playback devices' section - ensure that your computer's internal soundcard or microphone is the default Recording device when using Serato DJ.

Cheers.
DJ 351 9:08 AM - 18 May, 2016
Thanks for your help, I was able to get it to work by playing with the audio playback devices, it seems that my numark mixtrack pro 3 was disable from the playback device in my sound card. I just right click on the speaker icon and click playback devices and all the devices pop up and when I seen my MTP 3 it was saying not plug in so the serato dj software did not see the device connected. I think the software select the default device which was my internal speaker to my laptop which you would think it will still play. this is why I think they say your device controller (MTP 3) have to be connected to the software when you power up the device, for some reason my laptop either got confuse with the selection or there was a conflict with another device either way the software will not fully corporate if your chosen controller device is not selected in your soundcard or playback devices window so you need to make sure it is. if its not, one sign of it not being selected is seeing only 1 Deck in the software screen. I wrote all of this to help the next person who may have this problem.
DJ 351 9:48 AM - 18 May, 2016
Now I have a new problem I can't get the software ( SDJ ) to Activate / Buy, Every time I hit the activation icon in the right hand corner of the software it say LOGOUT in red, the activation of this computer is managed by a different user account, WHAT THE F are they talking about I am the only user, anyway it say you have to log out and log back in as the user who activated this computer? WHAT this is some BS, so I hit the logout button to log back in which it ask your email address I put that in and put in my password hit enter and the same error came up LOGOUT in red, here we go again. I will have to contact support which they are over seas it take days to get help with emailing back and forth, if anybody have a Solution to this new problem please HELP I would like to play with my new toy and software.
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 9:04 PM - 18 May, 2016
Hey DJ 351,

I've replied to your support ticket.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers.
DJ 351 6:57 PM - 31 May, 2016
Thanks Nathaniel I did what you said in the email you sent me which was to delete the license in my application folder and re-install, but like you said you have to delete everything in the license folder which can be a hidden folder. with your instructions I was able to find it and delete it and re-install it and it worked. thank you so much, now I'm back to playing with my new software Serato DJ.
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 11:47 PM - 31 May, 2016
Awesome - glad to hear it!
Daniel_Wright7 2:20 AM - 5 November, 2016
I can only get one deck to show up on my computer. Need help
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 3:39 AM - 7 November, 2016
Hi Daniel,

Take a look at our guide for troubleshooting connection issues -

For Mac: support.serato.com
For Windows: support.serato.com

If this does not help I would suggest that you get in touch with Serato Support here - support.serato.com

Cheers.
ceeUB 12:29 PM - 21 August, 2017
Traktor allows a user to use both decks and practice mixes on the internal sound card on the computer with no hardware connected. why does Serato not allow this?? it's a feature i use on traktor a lot..especially if your prepping before a gig on route. very important feature in my opinion.
Laz219 1:54 PM - 3 September, 2017
Quote:
Traktor allows a user to use both decks and practice mixes on the internal sound card on the computer with no hardware connected. why does Serato not allow this?? it's a feature i use on traktor a lot..especially if your prepping before a gig on route. very important feature in my opinion.

Old thread revival,
It basically comes down to the way the software is designed. SDJ has always been 'hardware dependent' to use full mode and the offline is just track prep.
Most likely a lot to do with protecting their software as the software has always been tied into hardware (or an upgrade from intro-full)
I get why people want this though, I do tend to have my Serato laptop running, so I can back and forth with ideas into ableton.