Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

songs working one time???

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
djpetey 11:39 PM - 19 November, 2004
this has happened to me 3 or 4 times now:

I load all new songs into my system every few weeks, obviously some are repeats, but basically reload my entire playlist....

when i do that, everything works lovely....no issues

on a few songs, they work once or twice and after that, when I try to load them, the track loads on the screen, but the wav form is gray and the track wont play

is ssl accidentally corrupting these mp3s? when I reload the master again a couple weeks later it works fine. has anyone else had this problem? its not a huge deal, but it does mean I find that a song I wanted to play that night might not be working. am i doing something wrong?
Zion-Prayz 11:50 PM - 19 November, 2004
If you can rule out corrupt files try restarting your computer. If that fixes it that means another audio program is doing something to the Windows registry that causes SSL to not be able to load the waveform. This happens to me every now and again after using various other audio programs. One time it happened while playing from a CD in SSL. Other music players will play the files fine though. Haven't gotten an answer yet as to why this is though.
djpetey 11:28 AM - 20 November, 2004
restarting doesnt fix it.... if I try the song again the next night, no luck.... also, I dont have any apps on my laptop except for ssl..... It probably has windows media player, but that has never been run on that machine..... is anyone else experiencing this? any other ideas?
Zion-Prayz 5:28 PM - 20 November, 2004
Oh I see now it's not every file. That only works when no songs will play. Select the songs that won't play and type 'ctrl-r'. If windoes explorer opens and shows the file you may have a corrupt mp3. If nothing comes up then the file is not where SSL expects to find it.
nik39 6:17 PM - 20 November, 2004
djpetey, I would send those funny files to the SSL support, check this thread here -> scratchlive.net
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 7:21 AM - 25 November, 2004
Hi djpetey - did you send us the file? if so, what is the filename? thanks.
djpetey 9:59 AM - 25 November, 2004
i actually messed up and dont have them anymore.... I meant to send you the files that I knew of this happening to, but I forgot and reloaded the mp3s on my laptop (i do that every couple weeks)..... if/when it happens again, Ill send you the file(s) right away though.... sorry about that....Id love to know what happened to em