Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Midi Light Out - Manual Loops

BeatWiz 6:40 AM - 10 February, 2015
Midi Mapping my Novation Launchpad S to Serato DJ. Cue points works beautifully and the buttons light up on the launchpad for any assigned cue point in SDJ.

I then mapped my pre-defined / manual loops to buttons on the launchpad. It works to invoke the loops, BUT the buttons doesn't light up for the assigned loops.

Why wouldn't assigned loops light up buttons when assigned cue points does. Doesn't seem consistent to me. Bug!?
BeatWiz 6:43 AM - 10 February, 2015
Forgot to mention I'm using v 1.7.2
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:57 PM - 11 February, 2015
BeatWiz,

Are the loop in out points working in Scratch Live 2.5?

If they aren't its likely something that needs to be implemented

Matt P
BeatWiz 10:29 PM - 11 February, 2015
I'm using SDJ c1.7.2. Don't have Scratch Live. I mapped the loop in points to the launchpad- that does work. But I was hoping/expecting to see the buttons light up on the launch pad if there is an assigned loop, like it works with cue points. Buttons are doesn't light up, but they do work.

Having the buttons light up for assigned loops would make things so much easier, no need to look at the computer screen to figure out which track(s) has assigned loops and which loop slots they are saved in. If buttons were lit up u can just have at it on the launch pad with your loops, just like u can with the cue points.
Serato, Support
Matt P 11:42 PM - 12 February, 2015
BeatWiz,

I don't have the launchpad to test with, but it is outputting on the Akai LPD8 i have here.
Its worth starting a help request as this will likely require more feedback from you.
you can do that here - support.serato.com
BeatWiz 12:14 AM - 13 February, 2015
Thanks! Will submit help request later tonight when I get home.
BeatWiz 2:24 AM - 14 February, 2015
Submitted help ticket, #70409.
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:46 PM - 15 February, 2015
BeatWiz,

Thanks, i'll keep an eye out for it

Regards

Matt P
BeatWiz 5:29 PM - 16 February, 2015
Got a reply from support. They confirmed it's a bug. But no ETA for it a fix.
N.Dee. Rick 11:52 AM - 18 February, 2015
Hi, take a look here, maybe that helps

maps.djtechtools.com
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:53 PM - 18 February, 2015
N.Dee. Rick,

Thanks for posting that!

Matt P
BeatWiz 11:09 AM - 19 February, 2015
Thanks for posting that N.Dee

Unfortunately it doesn't help me. Auto-loops works fine for me as well. What I can't get to work is the manual/saved loops slots. Those won't light up the buttons on the Launchpad. Serato support confirmed it's a bug/not implemented yet...too bad, it would be much easier if they did. Now you have to watch the computer screen and figure out which loop slots that are defined and then look at the launchpad and try to figure out which butons that corresponds to...

-Mats