DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 57MKII questions

AKIEM 4:59 PM - 26 January, 2015
1. Does assigning a midi function override the original function? In particular the effects/library section, can the joysticks functions be reassigned?

2 Can the footswitch trigger the FlexFX switches?
AKIEM 6:15 PM - 28 January, 2015
3. Can the footswitch trigger the (post fade) effects send?
AKIEM 12:37 AM - 30 January, 2015
4. Could the colors be changed to one color regardless of cue point color?
AKIEM 6:27 PM - 30 January, 2015
5. Do the skulls light up?
WarpNote 8:14 PM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:
5. Do the skulls light up?

Seems the buttons light up, not the skulls themselves...
Watchwww.youtube.com
AKIEM 8:26 PM - 31 January, 2015
...and I think they should light up red, instead of green
DJ Quartz 10:15 PM - 1 February, 2015
Hmmm, maybe this can open up 57MK2 mod business. :)
DJ Quartz 10:19 PM - 1 February, 2015
Yep I think we should do that man. This is one of the last DJ mixers I plan to invest in so I will be learning it inside and out once I get my hands on it.
AKIEM 5:04 PM - 2 February, 2015
Quote:
Yep I think we should do that man. This is one of the last DJ mixers I plan to invest in so I will be learning it inside and out once I get my hands on it.

Yes, I cant see buying more than one more after this. I will be dead, career over, or doing something more futuristic in 20 years.

So I hope this is the perfect mixer, solving the various issues with the past ones.

Hope I can get some answers to my original questions in this thread.
AKIEM 5:07 PM - 2 February, 2015
sad the skulls dont light :(
DJ Quartz 5:08 PM - 2 February, 2015
Oh right, yeah, buttons do vs the skulls. Probably saved on costs to do it that way.
AKIEM 5:11 PM - 2 February, 2015
yeah, and that would probably be a difficult mod because the board is probably right under there.

maybe the MKIII
AKIEM 7:06 PM - 2 February, 2015
On my TTM57 I actually switched out the amber led for deck two to purple. So it switches amber/purple like the SSL decks.
DJ Quartz 7:09 PM - 2 February, 2015
Hmmmmm....
AKIEM 8:44 AM - 3 February, 2015
Quote:
1. Does assigning a midi function override the original function? In particular the effects/library section, can the joysticks functions be reassigned?

So apparently the joysticks can [b]not[b/] be reassigned. with the current firmware.

:(

I cant imagine this wont be fixed right away.
AKIEM 8:44 AM - 3 February, 2015
Quote:

So apparently the joysticks can not be reassigned. with the current firmware.

:(

I cant imagine this wont be fixed right away.
AKIEM 1:58 AM - 4 February, 2015
6. can I switch out from my olf TTM57 faders?
AKIEM 7:23 AM - 5 February, 2015
7. Can FlexFX be set to momentary?
DJ Quartz 8:17 PM - 6 February, 2015
Email Rafael at Rane and I'm sure he can answer these questions.
AKIEM 4:47 PM - 7 February, 2015
Quote:
Email Rafael at Rane and I'm sure he can answer these questions.

Sure. Thought other people would have related questions, etc
wicked223 11:16 PM - 7 February, 2015
I'm gonna wait a while and not buy a first run of the 57ii ....after the 62 problems of course they are gonna make revisions to the mixer as they always do... I'm not gonna be a 2nd hand beta tester on a 1800$ mixer ever again
AKIEM 10:26 PM - 8 February, 2015
Yup.

I think I'm going to jump in tho... been waiting too long for some functions.
DJ Quartz 12:51 AM - 9 February, 2015
Even if new mixers came out. Let's say for argument a 62mk2 came out. It would have the same layout basically and have upgraded rgb buttons most likely.

But if you don't the workflow of the mixer it won't change anything.
AKIEM 5:53 PM - 9 February, 2015
Yup, thats why I'm trying to figure out if there really is a show stopper like the joysticks won't ever be assignable.

I'm willing to gamble a little at this point, if I have to buy it again, so be it - at least I have an upgrade path (even if rocky) again.
lofty 6:06 PM - 14 February, 2015
One thing I'm wondering……
With the eight sample / cue pads if we'll be able to enable slicer
DJ Quartz 6:25 PM - 14 February, 2015
^ Possibly, it's just being able to switch into that layer mode.
boogiebears 10:18 AM - 31 March, 2015
..rane manual is up at:

www.rane.com
DJ Quartz 4:00 PM - 31 March, 2015
Some stores were claiming they would be getting stock today.
boogiebears 8:41 PM - 31 March, 2015
..right? i preordered, but see no evidence via rane & serato social media sites of them even shipping out mixers.

read in the rane manual that the ttm57mk2 doesnt push midi clock information.. wonder why this is, and whether its a hardware limitation or a feature that is to be introduced later..
DJ Quartz 9:14 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
..right? i preordered, but see no evidence via rane & serato social media sites of them even shipping out mixers.

True
AKIEM 10:11 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:

read in the rane manual that the ttm57mk2 doesnt push midi clock information.. wonder why this is, and whether its a hardware limitation or a feature that is to be introduced later..

Purely a guess - hardware limitation. Without internal effects I can't see it happen. Would be nice.

My hope is SDJ pushes something out of it. Ideal imo would be Rewire if the Bridge is over... anything tho
boogiebears 5:30 AM - 3 April, 2015
Quote:
Some stores were claiming they would be getting stock today.

..looks like agiprodj updated their ship date to apr 17th.
AKIEM 9:01 PM - 3 April, 2015
DJ Quartz 9:03 PM - 3 April, 2015
Yep
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:27 AM - 4 April, 2015

Those were probably made for Beta testers.
darnit!
AKIEM 5:39 PM - 4 April, 2015
Quote:

Those were probably made for Beta testers.
darnit!

I see two missing!
AKIEM 8:57 PM - 6 April, 2015
Waiting
desmorider 3:28 AM - 7 April, 2015
My brother was told by his dealer today mid may for his. He ordered when first announced. I wonder if the issue is waiting on software from serato?
boogiebears 2:20 AM - 8 April, 2015
..mid may? whos the dealer?
Gio Alex 7:53 PM - 9 April, 2015
Quote:
3. Can the footswitch trigger the (post fade) effects send?
Gio Alex 7:54 PM - 9 April, 2015
remember when serato cared about what we thought?
AKIEM 11:47 PM - 9 April, 2015
yes.

sync?
boogiebears 8:01 AM - 15 April, 2015
8. Hardware panel in serato DJ like in scratch live?

9. Plastic pots like the 62, or metal pots like on the original 57?

10. Are we stuck with the default mapping?
boogiebears 8:08 AM - 15 April, 2015
11. Option to switch features between split cue and pan? Or rather disable split cuing entirely, and make the button switch between cue and master?
boogiebears 8:14 AM - 15 April, 2015
Haha.. Last one for tonight.

12. Are the channel swap and fader reverse buttons recessed?
AKIEM 3:47 PM - 15 April, 2015
12. Def doing that mod.

I guess some DJs like messing with those buttons, but once I have them set, I'm not touching them for years at a time. Seems like such an added clutter and waste of location. They should really be on the front panel IMO.
Culprit 4:37 PM - 15 April, 2015
Man, those joysticks being not midi reassianable is a no go for me. I love the joysticks on my 57sl.
AKIEM 4:53 PM - 15 April, 2015
Quote:
Man, those joysticks being not midi reassianable is a no go for me. I love the joysticks on my 57sl.

I *hope they end up being reassignable. Its absurd presenting them this way. Hopefully the delay is sorting that situation out. The presets marked on the face.... horrible.

And that's why I've decided to hold off purchasing. If that's not done right, sad to say I won't be buying from Rane this time.

I was trying to overlook it and assume they would be assignable...... but I can't.

...and if the solution is you can assign a new function but the original function remains... I will be vexed.
Culprit 6:21 PM - 15 April, 2015
Yes, i agree. I believe setting default functions is def understandable, but being able to change them to your preferred liking is critical. As soon as i saw the printed control functions i was turned off by it. Its a big step backwards.
AKIEM 6:33 PM - 15 April, 2015
Especially for users who have 5 or 6 years of muscle memory and practice....

I could possibly understand if they were never user assignable - but that's what the beauty of the joysticks were in the first place.

I don't know who is to blame Serato/Rane for why this might be. And I don't care, I would just like to have reasonable control over an expensive professional piece of equipment.

Customizable control is "pro". Maybe the thinking is, its part of the move to embrace ALL users including beginners who don't care/know...

Its not professional.

Beginners fallow professionals, they don't follow companies.
AKIEM 6:42 PM - 15 April, 2015
Follow
boogiebears 6:35 AM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:

..i dont see how this couldnt be reassigned via some sort of hardware mapping panel like the original 57. if its mapped to a function in the software, why couldnt it be remapped to a different function? i think its a matter of choice on either serato or ranes side, and whether they want to lock us into playing how they want us to play.

Quote:
The presets marked on the face.... horrible.

right? kind of leaves us to question whether weʻll even be able to mod things to suit our own individual styles or not.. but i guess thats where the whole buy a skin thing comes into the picture. too bad they labeled everything from the get go.. it seems like the sensible thing to do is to learn your gear inside and out.

Quote:
...and if the solution is you can assign a new function but the original function remains... I will be vexed.

yeah that will be a major let down. the only exception to this is maybe the possibility of mapping fx to the filter knob.. ive got a few good ideas on how this could be dope, but itd be way doper to be able to map multiple functions to a knob/fader/etc.

im puzzled over some of the mappings..

momentary slip mode on the joystick? what is that like glorified censor? im sure ill put it to some use, and maybe im overlooking some things i could use slip mode for. i just think itd be more useful as a toggle. trying to imagine what i could do with slip mode 1 handed vs what i could do with 2..

load track by depressing knob, switch between crates and tracks by holding shift and depressing knob. cant wait to accidentally push down that cues samples button instead of shift. i think it might be better to have to hold shift and turn the knob to scroll through crates. how does this work with nested crates?
AKIEM 4:59 PM - 16 April, 2015
I hate loading tracks by pressing the knob. Way too many times I loaded the wrong track because of a slight twist. I assign j-up to load. Love it. P-down is toggle between scroll songs / scroll crates.

So, how did they come up with this meant to be 'universal layout'? (smh) they asked one (1) dj how they like to set their controls?

I kinda blame Serato because it seems like they are: control panel just for rane? ha, look at all the other toys we work with.

Then I kanda blame Rane because they could make a app to let the user control the firmware.

Then I go back to Serato because they could allow users to configure......

Then I go back to Rane, um it's a known issue whosever fault....

So I blame both Serato/Rane. Can we get this BS sorted?
boogiebears 11:51 AM - 18 April, 2015
Quote:
I hate loading tracks by pressing the knob. Way too many times I loaded the wrong track because of a slight twist. I assign j-up to load. Love it. P-down is toggle between scroll songs / scroll crates.

So, how did they come up with this meant to be 'universal layout'? (smh) they asked one (1) dj how they like to set their controls?

I kinda blame Serato because it seems like they are: control panel just for rane? ha, look at all the other toys we work with.

Then I kanda blame Rane because they could make a app to let the user control the firmware.

Then I go back to Serato because they could allow users to configure......

Then I go back to Rane, um it's a known issue whosever fault....

So I blame both Serato/Rane. Can we get this BS sorted?

..yeah that was the major turn off for me with the 62. Double clicking on those knobs to double in a hurry didn't work out well for me. I'd always give it an extra little spin somehow and load a different track..

Then there's the issue with joysticking to internal on the mk2. Seems convenient, how do we switch back to rel/abs? Hopefully not with the trackpad or by touching the laptop. I'd prefer it to choose which deck to send bpm info to the isotope fx.

The 57s ability to be customized as one saw fit was really what made it so dope for me. Having options is where it's at! The mk2.. It's fine if it comes with a default for those who like it like that, but give the power to the user to change what they want on all layers. I reviewed the mixer manual on ranes site and it suggests that it can be mapped for advanced users.. I hope this includes the joysticks.. And on all layers.
AKIEM 7:13 PM - 18 April, 2015
^im in the middle of writing the same in the other thread :)

Quote:
I'd prefer it to choose which deck to send bpm info to the isotope fx.

That's how I have J2 setup. Which needs the question, how would you tell the effect which deck to follow?

Oh wait, just use Sync!

:/

cmon man
AKIEM 1:09 AM - 6 May, 2015
holding
Culprit 3:09 AM - 6 May, 2015
kriss kross will make ya..
AKIEM 3:11 AM - 6 May, 2015
Nope!!!!!!
Culprit 6:30 PM - 6 May, 2015
lets give it some time, pretty sure they will unlock this mixer. Only makes sense
AKIEM 7:01 PM - 6 May, 2015
Well sure, some time because it only makes sense..... But there are no guarantees. And till then, I really have no use for it.
Culprit 11:29 PM - 6 May, 2015
Quote:
Well sure, some time because it only makes sense..... But there are no guarantees. And till then, I really have no use for it.

i really wanna buy this mixer too, but I always try to make myself wait at least a year just in case...
AKIEM 1:17 AM - 7 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i really wanna buy this mixer too, but I always try to make myself wait at least a year just in case...

I agree, certainly good strategy.

But for me I was ready to purchase full price from the first batch off the line. That excited about it... (till 'the truth came out' lol)
djbluedice 3:38 PM - 24 May, 2015
I am having a problem with the headphones, I am not getting any sound out of the jacks. I have used multiple headphones so thats not the issue. I have the latest version of Serato also. I had to do a gig with no headphones and it wasn't pleasurable. If any of you could help that would be great.
Prestoe 8:03 AM - 26 June, 2015
Quote:
I am having a problem with the headphones, I am not getting any sound out of the jacks. I have used multiple headphones so thats not the issue. I have the latest version of Serato also. I had to do a gig with no headphones and it wasn't pleasurable. If any of you could help that would be great.

Centre your Cue slider, turn the pan knob to cue, turn 'off' split cue, turn the headphone vol to at least 2 or 3, play something..

If there is still no sound you probably have a hardware fault with the mixer headphone jack.

Maybe check the Rane control panel also, i think there is an adjustment for headphones there also (pretty sure its just tone though).
majster kat 3:52 PM - 14 July, 2015
Aren't the line faders too far from each other? Is it possible to move them with just one hand (like e.g. in this vid at 0:28 youtu.be )?
wicked223 3:09 AM - 26 July, 2015
So has their been any word on this from rane? I was about to pull the trigger on a 57 till I read this ... Locked joystick functions is a deal breaker for me....

Reason I never liked the 62 was same reason ..
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:39 PM - 28 July, 2015
Hey wicked.. yes.. this is getting fixed. Unfortunately I can't say when. Its a top priority though.
Scrpion King 9:24 PM - 28 July, 2015
Hey guys,

I have a more serious question here. I say that because I am near sure the midi mapping functionality is coming soon for the joystick, I would almost bet on it. Anyway...my question for the TTM 57SL Mk2 users is have you noticed any issues with the filter on the second channel in particular? I find that with the knob at 12 o'clock with identical tracks playing on internal mode, should I sweep between say 12 and the first dot on the mixer, lets call that 1' o'clock, may not be exact but just for a reference point, I find this filter adjustment sends a bass boost, which if playing at nominal levels will indeed clip the file, it sounds muddy and distorted and is definitely a HUGE problem for me.

Now heres where it gets interesting...the good folks at Rane sent me a brand new mixer. the new mixer has the EXACT same problem. I try using regular vinyl and it does the same thing with both channel filters. Please for my sake try this out and listen carefully and watch your led monitors, its not ridiculously obvious at first as once you get past that 1 o'clock section it does indeed cut the bass appropriately as a clockwise turn of the knob should do. The main issue is if I want to do a bass cut and have two identical files playing, in order to have them sound the same I have to skip that 12 to 1 section on channel two which therefore puts my mixer 1 notch ahead of the filter on channel 1. I hope this all makes sense. I find it very odd nobody has experienced this as I have now had it happen on two mixers. Please try this out and advise what you find...thanks...
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:55 PM - 29 July, 2015
Hey Scorpion King,

It sounds like the resonance adjustment is set higher on the right filter.
This can be changed within the Rane Control Pane via System Preferences (Mac) or the Control Panel (PC).
Make sure both are set to the lowest resonance setting.
PopRoXxX 5:55 PM - 29 July, 2015
Hey Scrpion King,

Funny you just mentioned all of this! I haven't noticed the bass spike yet as you say. BUT, I have noticed the calibration of the filter knob on deck 2 (channel 2) is not the same as deck 1 (channel 1). I too have to skip to around the 2nd or 3rd notch on deck 2's filter knob to get the same effect as the 1st notch on deck 1's filter knob. I thought this just may be a fluke of my specific mixer, but now that you said Rane gave you a new mixer and it's still doing the same thing makes me feel WAY better. I didn't hit them up about this issue yet, as I thought I would have to send my mixer in to be fixed and I need it right now. This issue now seems that it could be on EVERY 57mkII by default.

Maybe Zach S could shed some light on this, but I'm hoping this can also be fixed with a FW update.
PopRoXxX 5:56 PM - 29 July, 2015
And my filter parameters are set the same (right in the middle) on the Rane Control Panel
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:57 PM - 29 July, 2015
Ya.. don't put them in the middle. Set them both to low.
PopRoXxX 5:58 PM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
Ya.. don't put them in the middle. Set them both to low.

Awesome! I will try this ASAP. Thanks Zach S!!

But another question, why not the middle? How exactly does that filter slider work (if I ever move it around again)
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:46 PM - 29 July, 2015
Its adding more resonance which is bring up the cue of the filter thus adding volume at that point. Keeping a lower resonance will not add that bump.
boogiebears 4:03 AM - 30 July, 2015
..would it be possible via an update to be able put some kind of visual feedback as far as the value of applied resonance? That way we can add a balanced amount of resonance to filters on both channels?
Scrpion King 2:36 PM - 30 July, 2015
Interesting...thanks a lot for the replys and @ Dj PopRoxx I felt the same way. Asking and wondering why nobody is saying a word about this and I am two mixers deep with the exact issue, like down to the exact sound at the same point on the same channel, (channel 2).

I have not tried moving both resonance sliders to low in the control panel, but logic would tell us that the problem will still exist as the "bump" or bass spike is still present on that channel two filter. In other words, I don't think an answer to this problem could be changing whats working, ie channel 1, to try and adjust it to an apparent problem with channel 2.

Sorry if I sound condescending here but...this is a problem on this mixer and I really want Rane to look into it properly and fix it! I don't know why more people are not complaining but the filters on both channels need to have identical "sweeps". I own tons of PA and studio equipment and I have never ever had an issue like this. This problem reminds me of a mixer or perhaps a speaker management system where a user has chosen to override the default settings and adjusted the level of the sweep on one channel vs. another. Out of the box however, I should be able to load two songs and allow them to play simultaneously and sweep the filters either way at the same rate and move the crossfader back and forth, with absolutely no sound diff out of the speakers. If someone disagrees with that please enlighten me. The mere fact that I am now being told to go into a control panel and change the resonance, that tells me something is wrong and that is a band aid solution to "try and correct a obvious problem".

To conclude I would say that even if I could adjust the resonance to allow the filters to "sync" in terms of their boost and cut ratio...I still have the problem that channel 2 has a spike between 12 and 1. this is not something that I think is possible...this is FACT...I have tested everything over and over. It is the mixer not the software or anything else. I am seriously considering sending it back for a 62 because I am not even getting Rane to admit the problem, so I have zero confidence that it will be fixed in a firmware update or something of the sort.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:15 PM - 30 July, 2015
I have tested this extensively and have found no problem with multiple computers and multiple 57s.

Are you sure the resonance position is just different for PGM 2?
Higher resonance = boost in audio when filter knob is set off of center.
Lower = no boost.

If they are in the same position and you are hearing this only on channel 2 than please post a screen shot and/or a video and I'll test this… again.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:20 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
I am seriously considering sending it back for a 62 because I am not even getting Rane to admit the problem, so I have zero confidence that it will be fixed in a firmware update or something of the sort.

We have no problem admitting when there is an issue but thus far we haven't found any issue.
If we find there is one than of course we'll fix it.
PopRoXxX 6:20 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
If they are in the same position and you are hearing this only on channel 2 than please post a screen shot and/or a video and I'll test this… again.

Yeah. I am definitely going to try lowering the sliders to see if it helps anything. But my slider positions were both perfectly in the middle (on the control panel) with channel 2 filter knob needing to be turned further to get the same effect as channel 1 turned just a tiny bit
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:20 PM - 30 July, 2015
Ok.. just tested this again and you guys are correct. I am hearing some type of difference. Going to talk with the developers about this now and we'll look into it.
Hold tight.
PopRoXxX 9:30 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
Ok.. just tested this again and you guys are correct. I am hearing some type of difference. Going to talk with the developers about this now and we'll look into it.
Hold tight.

This is GREAT news!! Thanks so much Zach S! Can't wait to hear back about the findings (hopefully I don't have to send my mixer back lol)
boogiebears 6:00 AM - 31 July, 2015
..def experiencing this as well.
wicked223 11:58 PM - 31 July, 2015
Glad to read of these gripes and issues...

All of these newer 1st run mixers have issues in the beginning.

I was an early adopter of the 62 and had issues with the crossfaders uneven cut in which Rane denied at first as "in spec". Along with broken cue buttons.

Which really discouraged me and required me to sell the mixer. Hence i will never buy a 1st run mixer again . Even turned me off from Rane. A company I love and respected so much. Especially at the price of a 1800$ for the mixer..

Thank god for guys like you early adopting and essentially doing field beta testing for the company then reporting back with the problems. So guys later can get a near perfected product ;-P

I still may get a 57mk2 and have faith in Rane but ill keep my 2 - 57mk1s another year or so..
PopRoXxX 5:56 PM - 1 August, 2015
Quote:
I still may get a 57mk2 and have faith in Rane but ill keep my 2 - 57mk1s another year or so..

I'm never getting rid of my 57mkI. It will reside in a glass case before I ever try to sell it.

But I do hope these issues are an easy fix! Or maybe Rane can figure out what the underlying problem is and (if it's not an easy fix) send us out new/fixed 57mkII mixers while we send back the original 1st run line. With the $$$$ we all dropped on these beasts, it should get resolved. I've never had a problem with Rane customer service before. Fingers crossed it's just an easy fix.
Culprit 6:05 PM - 1 August, 2015
I always wait 1 year before buying a product. We cant all think like that though or else it would defeat the purpose and no one manufacture gear, so everyone is essentially important when it comes to equipment.
Culprit 6:05 PM - 1 August, 2015
Would*
05spoof 2:05 PM - 8 August, 2015
So you can't map a footswitch to switch between regular to hamster or for eq kills for Serato?
Culprit 5:04 PM - 8 August, 2015
At the moment no
AKIEM 8:03 PM - 8 August, 2015
Btw. What is the footswitch mapped too?
boogiebears 4:47 AM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:

..atm, nothing.
AKIEM 4:53 AM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

..atm, nothing.

lol - ok
Res-Q 9:56 PM - 11 November, 2015
Guys whats the update on the footswitch? I plugged mine (which used to work fine on my old 57) on a friends new 57mkII and i didnt see any panel for footswitch to assign mapping
PopRoXxX 12:09 AM - 12 November, 2015
Did you check the Rane Control Panel in the System Preferences of the MBP?
Res-Q 2:08 AM - 12 November, 2015
facepalm yes of course thx P, it would be more user friendly if it was on the serato gui imo
PopRoXxX 2:58 AM - 12 November, 2015
true
boogiebears 6:58 AM - 12 November, 2015
..the footswitch is now mappable without any third party solution. just plug in the footswitch, make sure you have the the mixer set to remap, and map away.
05spoof 5:55 AM - 3 December, 2015
I don't see anything in the latest control panel that lets the footswitch get mapped when one is plugged in. =(
boogiebears 11:53 PM - 10 December, 2015
..yeah there isnt anything in the control panel. i just plug mine in, activate the mkII to be mappable, and then map the buttons on the footswitch.
05spoof 3:26 AM - 15 December, 2015
Ahh I see... I was hoping you guy's were talking about being able to map hardware functions in the control panel to the footswitch.

If anyone knows how to remap hardware functions like cross, line, and channel reverse buttons or even kill switches onto a footswitch with the mkII.. drop some knowledge :)
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:37 PM - 15 December, 2015
This isn't possible. You can only map software functions.
05spoof 4:49 PM - 18 December, 2015
That sucks I was really looking forward to mapping those functions to a footswitch to increase workflow. Can it be done through the control panel if Rane allowed it? I would definitely like to put in a request for it if such a thing is possible.
DJ Quartz 5:31 PM - 19 December, 2015
Is there a way to use all eight buttons as cues and toggle between decks yet?
dj Krazey leo 7:05 PM - 19 December, 2015
Is anyone getting really bad latency with there 57mkii ? After about 5 mins of playing my 57 just get really laggy to the point where I can't even beat match I did upgrade to el caption and the os recognizes my mixer but I,m getting really bad lagging especially after the computer has been not in use for a while any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
WarpNote 7:37 PM - 19 December, 2015
Roll back you OSX...
PopRoXxX 5:43 PM - 20 December, 2015
Quote:
Roll back you OSX...
DJ Quartz 6:01 PM - 20 December, 2015
Hopefully he can, I just had a fellow DJ buy a new Mac and worked with apple to roll back and it wasn't possible due to firmware or some excuse they used anyway.
dj Krazey leo 6:49 PM - 20 December, 2015
Hopefully rane will put out drivers soon but I also read a next post where someone said the 57 mkii is the only rane product that is compatible with el caption
DJ Quartz 7:03 PM - 20 December, 2015
In case anyone was wondering, here is the current supported list.

support.serato.com
05spoof 9:21 PM - 20 December, 2015
Quote:
Is there a way to use all eight buttons as cues and toggle between decks yet?

no
boabmatic 9:32 AM - 21 December, 2015
Quote:
In case anyone was wondering, here is the current supported list.

support.serato.com

I thought the TTm57mkII was supported as it is a class compliant device so uses the apple audio drivers?
dj Krazey leo 11:45 AM - 21 December, 2015
It's recognized by el caption and it works but after about 10 mins of playing the latency really starts deteriorating so I don't know if that's a driver issue or what.
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:44 PM - 21 December, 2015
The TTM57mkII is a class compliant device and should be working flawlessly with Mac's OS. We chose class compliant so we could avoid issues like this. Unfortunately it looks like Mac has broken something in their own system and our devices are now not working correctly.
We are currently in contact with Apple and have given them all the information they would need from us (including hardware for testing).
We are waiting to hear back from them. We'll inform the public through our social media channels once we have an update. Hopefully it won't be long.
Prestoe 1:02 AM - 22 December, 2015
The exact reason i won't use apple for anything :-/

Apple doesn't want to merge with the rest of the world, it wants the rest of the world to merge with it.

Get a good PC i say.
dj Krazey leo 6:52 AM - 22 December, 2015
Any suggestion on a good pc ?
Culprit 7:20 AM - 22 December, 2015
Anything thats a quad core windows 7 with 8 gigs ram and 512mb video card. Make sure you got at least 128gb ssd
Culprit 7:21 AM - 22 December, 2015
Minimum spec wise
pdidy 1:33 PM - 22 December, 2015
Quote:
The exact reason i won't use apple for anything :-/

Apple doesn't want to merge with the rest of the world, it wants the rest of the world to merge with it.

Get a good PC i say.

Well there's no denying Apple really fucked this one up but it will take a lot worse than that over a very long period of time to make a professional DJ switch from a mac to a PC...lol
dj Krazey leo 3:56 PM - 22 December, 2015
Thanks Culprit for the info .
Asu 9:37 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:
Is anyone getting really bad latency with there 57mkii ? After about 5 mins of playing my 57 just get really laggy to the point where I can't even beat match I did upgrade to el caption and the os recognizes my mixer but I,m getting really bad lagging especially after the computer has been not in use for a while any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Apple has closed the bug for Rane’s TTM57mkII and MP2015 USB Audio 2.0 Class Compliant devices RADAR 23929871, and has reported that this issue is now fixed in the new El Capitan 10.11.4 Beta #1 build. Our testing here at Rane supports this claim and the asynchronous audio clock adaptation issue appears to be completely resolved in the 10.11.4 beta. - Rane

The Public Beta is out...I'm one of the Beta testers and can confirm the issue is solved.

You should never upgrade to new OSX for your work related Laptop...do that on a spare one if u have one.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:05 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:

The Public Beta is out...I'm one of the Beta testers and can confirm the issue is solved.

You should never upgrade to new OSX for your work related Laptop...do that on a spare one if u have one.

I should be on this Beta team!
Asu 11:29 PM - 11 February, 2016
Quote:
I should be on this Beta team!

you should try and sign up...10.11.4 public Beta fixed the MKII audio issue :-) other Rane devices are working slightly better too on El Capitan but not for long...only the newest Mixers because they're somehow different internally.
Gio Alex 9:59 PM - 12 February, 2016
Anyone hack the MKII to work on SSL yet? LOL

Serato hates this.
Asu 12:28 AM - 13 February, 2016
Quote:

Serato hates this.

you don't need to...it's actually very stable on 1.8.1...no issues at all,and we do 7 hour gigs with it.

FYI apple just released 10.11.4 public Beta 3...so one more beta and this update will be available for all to use and should fix all other #Rane gear by then...
Gio Alex 4:49 PM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Serato hates this.

you don't need to...it's actually very stable on 1.8.1...no issues at all,and we do 7 hour gigs with it.

FYI apple just released 10.11.4 public Beta 3...so one more beta and this update will be available for all to use and should fix all other #Rane gear by then...

It's not about stability. I actually love the SSL GUI and cannot stand the SDJ GUI. I really can't. The colors and everything drive me nuts. Sure, I'll have to switch over and the sooner I do it the better, I get it.

I rock an SL3 so it's not like I don't use it. In fact, some venues I play will have a 900SRT so I kinda have no choice sometimes. To be honest, the only thing that stopped me from buying the MKII is no support for SSL.
DJ Quartz 4:58 PM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
t's not about stability. I actually love the SSL GUI and cannot stand the SDJ GUI. I really can't. The colors and everything drive me nuts. Sure, I'll have to switch over and the sooner I do it the better, I get it.

I put in a request for a classic theme color option, everyone vote.

serato.com
Gio Alex 4:59 PM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
t's not about stability. I actually love the SSL GUI and cannot stand the SDJ GUI. I really can't. The colors and everything drive me nuts. Sure, I'll have to switch over and the sooner I do it the better, I get it.

I put in a request for a classic theme color option, everyone vote.

serato.com

Thank you. At least If they gave us this, I'd jump on board.
Asu 12:04 AM - 17 February, 2016
That would be cool...a classic theme :-)
Asu 3:17 AM - 12 March, 2016
FYI: RANE

Status - Mar 9, 2016
Apple's 10.11.4 beta 6 is now available and fixes compatibility issues with the MP2015, MP2014, and TTM57mkII. We do still suggest using OS X 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10, but if you have already updated to El Capitan, you can download the latest 10.11.4 beta 6 (15E61b) to resolve your issues. We will officially support El Capitan with these products once Apple puts out their final release.

We are also currently testing new Core Audio drivers with the 10.11.4 beta 6 and things are looking good. The final testing for these drivers will be done once the final release of 10.11.4 is out.
Asu 2:37 AM - 1 April, 2016
FYI: El Capitan Update 10.11.4 OFFICIAL SUPPORT.....THANK GOD

Rane is pleased to announce support for the latest version of Apple OS X El Capitan (10.11.4).

The latest Apple update 10.11.4 is now available and fixes compatibility issues with the MP2015, MP2014, and TTM57mkII. These products are USB Class Compliant devices that utilize drivers built in the OS X operating system, they do not require device driver updates from Rane.

We have new device drivers for the Sixty-Two, Sixty-Four, Sixty-Eight, Sixty-One, and the SL3 available for download to fix compatibility issues with Apple OS X El Capitan (10.11.4). Only the latest version of El Capitan 10.11.4 (15E65) is supported. These drivers are not compatible with older OS X versions.
Culprit 6:17 AM - 1 April, 2016
Very good news. Any word on the old 57sl drivers?
Asu 2:25 PM - 1 April, 2016
Quote:

The 57 isn't officially supported anymore...best thing would be to stick with an OS where it's running stable
wicked223 10:34 PM - 1 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

The 57 isn't officially supported anymore...best thing would be to stick with an OS where it's running stable

The word is.......stay on mavericks buddy!
Culprit 10:35 PM - 1 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The word is.......stay on mavericks buddy!

I am lol, was just curious.