DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NAMM 2015

DJ-Hulmeman 11:56 AM - 22 January, 2015
Anybody had their interest piqued by anything a NAMM 2015? I like the look of the Reloop RMX 60 and the RP8000 TT.
ALEX REED 12:53 PM - 22 January, 2015
HDJ 2000MK2 black on black on black
boabmatic 4:32 PM - 22 January, 2015
novation launchpad pro ....
www.djtechtools.com
boabmatic 4:37 PM - 22 January, 2015
also this...

Denon SDJ interface

www.gearslutz.com
Rebelguy 4:43 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
also this...

Denon SDJ interface

www.gearslutz.com

I would still buy Rane. Denon's DJ gear sound quality has never been that impressive.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:46 PM - 22 January, 2015
m.musicradar.com

Logic Pro X 10.1
boabmatic 4:46 PM - 22 January, 2015
thats what I said on my facebook feed, rane have got too much history on those boxes to switch but it sounds like the interface is pocket size so maybe a good back up solution
Rebelguy 4:50 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
m.musicradar.com

Logic Pro X 10.1

I will be picking this up.
djdannyd 5:02 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
also this...

Denon SDJ interface

www.gearslutz.com

I'd still buy Rane's quality!!!
DJ Irv 5:12 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
also this...

Denon SDJ interface

www.gearslutz.com

I would still buy Rane. Denon's DJ gear sound quality has never been that impressive.

At it's core it's just a 24bit sound card with 8 channels 4in/4out. It will probably sound exactly like the SL2 if it has the same DAC's.

Still I see a failure in not recessing the RCA's. The soundcard being placed in and out of bags makes those RCA's easy to damage. It's probably better to spend the extra 200 and go with and SL2.
woody008 5:19 PM - 22 January, 2015
Rane's presence in Europe poses a hindrance to Serato's expansion into Europe's DVS market. That little box just might help them establish more popularity in Europe.
woody008 5:24 PM - 22 January, 2015
Dax 5:44 PM - 22 January, 2015
Davideon 6:01 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
m.musicradar.com

Logic Pro X 10.1

Surprised at the cost
gav Clifton 6:46 PM - 22 January, 2015
The Pioneer XDJ-RX looks very good, UK price dependent I may have to invest in one of those. on a more sinister note it looks to me like maybe pioneer are wanting to slightly move away from serato and push its own rekordbox software ?
DJ Nexus2000 8:18 PM - 22 January, 2015
WOW... Great Year for Pioneer, Rane, Denon and Serato!!!!

I want a DJM2000 NEXUS with Serato DJ
DJ-Hulmeman 9:46 PM - 24 January, 2015
Also LOVING the look of these Denon Axis active speakers! youtu.be
Code:E 8:27 PM - 26 January, 2015
meh.... Coaxial sucks in a car and they havn't shown me anyreason on why these would be any different.
Rebelguy 10:41 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
meh.... Coaxial sucks in a car and they havn't shown me anyreason on why these would be any different.

Fulcrum Acoustics makes amazing sounding coaxial speakers. I know that Denon's offerings will sound nowhere close to these but great sound is possible with coaxial speakers.
djbigboy 11:22 PM - 26 January, 2015
Denon makes solid products, they are far more popular in the UK than here in the US...I saw a lot of people really liking the 57MKII and the MP2015. The pioneer controller XDJ-RX was sweet. Its looks and build feel more professional than the SX controllers. I saw a bunch of djs checking out the reloop turntables and a lot of them were impressed with the ones with and without midi capability.

I work for a retailer, we have already gotten a lot of inquiries about the Novation LaunchPad Pro...I played around with it but it's not something I know a lot about....it was a great show for a lot of products, including Akai and Numark...there were a lot of other smaller companies pushing their wares, a lot of powered speakers and kinda iffy looking controllers...Monster Go Dj is a little handheld mixer/digital turntable system that seemed better built than a lot of the other controllers I saw